Vince v Dangerfield

Toorak

9 hours ago, SaberFang said:

You mean, the coaches might try to avoid another Bryce Gibbs 26 disposals to half time situation with Dangerfield or Selwood getting 30?

Yep maybe they have twigged that's what you do Saber last weeks coaching was appalling The crowd could see it in the first 5 minutes took our coaching staff all week Gee I hope our match day coaching improves next year under Goodwin

All of Bernie's best football at the club, including this year, has been in the midfield. He is so lazy in the backline, I can't believe the coaching staff can't realise it is not working. Sure, his kicking out is pretty good, but any number of others could achieve the same result. Put him in the midfield, give him a job to do, and everyone is happy.

What needs to be stopped is Danger's run from the clearance. It is a killer. If he can be tackled hard when he gets possession, that will cut his effectiveness. His run and carry and then give into the forward 50, is lethal and if we stop that, or reduce it, we are a chance.

1 minute ago, Skin D said:

Nobody could touch him. Least of all Vince.

Not sure Vince was given the opportunity at any time today but I might be wrong. Would not have made much difference as they had 10 others to run with the ball after we kicked it straight to them time and time again. 

I can't help but favour Vince in this situation. His obvious advantages being his cleaner disposal, strength in the contest, intent to hurt the opposition physically and has a more interesting media persona. Dangerfield would have to be one of the more over rated Brownlow favourites in recent history. 

2 hours ago, Earl Hood said:

Not sure Vince was given the opportunity at any time today but I might be wrong. Would not have made much difference as they had 10 others to run with the ball after we kicked it straight to them time and time again. 

Vince "played" on him in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, but never got close at any time.

49 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Is Bernie done?

Nah, we are just trying to re-invent him as a back man. We already have an abundance of young mids coming through. I expect they will assume control of our midfield. Meanwhile we can prolong Bernies career by throwing him down back - and alternating him on ball. Smart play really. Bernie has just been down on form, but nothing to worry about. He hasn't been that bad. I expect Vince to play into his mid 30's.

2 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

Nah, we are just trying to re-invent him as a back man. We already have an abundance of young mids coming through. I expect they will assume control of our midfield. Meanwhile we can prolong Bernies career by throwing him down back - and alternating him on ball. Smart play really. Bernie has just been down on form, but nothing to worry about. He hasn't been that bad. I expect Vince to play into his mid 30's.

I hope so. We really need another 2 years out of him

Besides the trio of Dunn, H, and Garland, this year's huge disappointments for me have been Bernie and Hogan. Two of my favourites from 2015 are now the two that probably cause me to lose my [censored] the most often (Harmes is pretty good at that too, but at least he hasn't gone backwards).

10 hours ago, leucopogon said:

Besides the trio of Dunn, H, and Garland, this year's huge disappointments for me have been Bernie and Hogan. Two of my favourites from 2015 are now the two that probably cause me to lose my [censored] the most often (Harmes is pretty good at that too, but at least he hasn't gone backwards).

If Harmes can improve his disposal, he can be useful.

Since his shin injury, Vince has become the clanger king.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.