DEMONLAND PLAYER OF THE YEAR - Round 22

Demonland

2 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Needed a 15th mark to omit the "I guess", P?

His hands were back to their reliable best, but his kicking (field and goal) were sub par to put to mildly. His job is to kick goals.

Workrate was there but his body language isn't great atm. I recognise that he wasn't helped by the Weed selection and overall he sneaks into the top six on a dour day.

2 minutes ago, P-man said:

His hands were back to their reliable best, but his kicking (field and goal) were sub par to put to mildly. His job is to kick goals.

Workrate was there but his body language isn't great atm. I recognise that he wasn't helped by the Weed selection and overall he sneaks into the top six on a dour day.

I wonder if we all just need to get over Jessie's body language a bit sometimes.  No one would care if him and the team play well and that's the bigger issue for me.

Whilst I realise this thread is probably more about today's game than the season overall, my personal overall pick for player of the year would have to be Jack Watts I think.

Whilst it is hard to go past big bearded Max, I'm just rapped that Jack has stood up and delivered what he has for the team this year.  I think he has played every bit as important a part in our improvement as big Max, with the critical role he plays for the team.  Whilst I also love Max and think he deserves all the accolades, I really respect the way Jack has finally started to answer the critics.

I also feel there is yet more improvement in Jacks game, which is very exciting.

27 minutes ago, P-man said:

I agree that it's his job to kick goals, and missing goals that were so important in the context of the game definitely take his rating down.  

But if he'd kicked 4.0 instead of 1.3 we'd have all had him at 6 votes and licking the mud off his boots, such was his dominance.  I don't think missing goals, in a game where bloody everyone missed goals, scales his performance down as far as a scrape over the line, give him a vote by default type of effort.  

As they say though, opinions are like arseholes, and this week mine seems to stink.  That's how it goes isn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

I agree that it's his job to kick goals, and missing goals that were so important in the context of the game definitely take his rating down.  

But if he'd kicked 4.0 instead of 1.3 we'd have all had him at 6 votes and licking the mud off his boots, such was his dominance.  I don't think missing goals, in a game where bloody everyone missed goals, scales his performance down as far as a scrape over the line, give him a vote by default type of effort.  

As they say though, opinions are like [censored], and this week mine seems to stink.  That's how it goes isn't it?

I hadn't noticed too bad a stench for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

Needed a 15th mark to omit the "I guess", P?

Hogan cost us four goals with his shocking kicking.  How many marks does it take to offset that?  He and Petracca need to be sent to kicking school in the off-season to sort their [censored] out.  If they'd scored the goals they bloody well should have we won today even with our poor play. 

6. Hunt

5. T.Mac

4. Jetta

Edited by CBDees

Congratulations to Max Gawn who cannot be beaten for our 2016 Player of the Year

181 Max Gawn 
156 Jack Viney 
136 Nathan Jones
121 Jack Watts
106 Dom Tyson
98 Bernie Vince
75 Neville Jetta Tom McDonald
55 Jesse Hogan 
45 Jayden Hunt 
36 Jeff Garlett 
34 Ben Kennedy 
33 Billy Stretch 
29 Christian Petracca 
26 Tomas Bugg 
21 Dean Kent
18 Oscar McDonald
15 Clayton Oliver 
12 Josh Wagner 
11 Sam Frost James Harmes 
10 Heritier Lumumba 
9 Cam Pedersen
7 Aaron vandenBerg
4 Matt Jones
2 Angus Brayshaw 

• Like 2

It was a day for nostalgia yesterday: back to 2012/13!!!

6: Jatta, the best Melbourne player on the ground

5; TMac, the second best Melbourne player on the ground

4: Hunt, the best worst player on the ground

3: Tyson, the second best worst player on the ground

2: OMac, third 

1: Big Max (well he tried)!

Edited by Dee Dee

6 hours ago, Demonland said:

Congratulations to Max Gawn who cannot be beaten for our 2016 Player of the Year

181 Max Gawn 
156 Jack Viney 
136 Nathan Jones
121 Jack Watts
106 Dom Tyson
98 Bernie Vince
75 Neville Jetta Tom McDonald
55 Jesse Hogan 
45 Jayden Hunt 
36 Jeff Garlett 
34 Ben Kennedy 
33 Billy Stretch 
29 Christian Petracca 
26 Tomas Bugg 
21 Dean Kent
18 Oscar McDonald
15 Clayton Oliver 
12 Josh Wagner 
11 Sam Frost James Harmes 
10 Heritier Lumumba 
9 Cam Pedersen
7 Aaron vandenBerg
4 Matt Jones
2 Angus Brayshaw 

I reckon If we squeeze Tmac into that top 5 (maybe at Watts' expense) it will match the club B & F.

• Like 1

Top 10 all but locked in.

Gawn a deserved runaway winner and Viney pretty safe in second spot.

Jones and Watts can't be caught but the weekend's game will decide who finishes third and fourth.

Fifth spot is still up for grabs to be decided between Tyson, Vince and Jetta.

Demonland Player of the Year: Unofficial Tally

Votes (games polling votes/games played)

1.      Gawn - 603 (18/21)

2.      Viney - 471 (14/20)

3.      N Jones - 414 (18/21)

4.      Watts - 414 (16/21)

5.      Tyson - 326 (13/20)

6.      Vince - 315 (14/20)

7.      Jetta - 304 (16/20)

8.      T McDonald - 244 (15/21)

9.      Hogan - 229 (11/20)

10.  Hunt - 168 (12/18)

11.  Kennedy - 114 (6/15)

12.  Stretch - 108 (7/15)

13.  Garlett - 100 (6/16)

14.  Petracca - 90 (6/16)

15.  Kent - 74 (8/20)

16.  Bugg - 73 (6/17)

17.  Oliver - 64 (7/13)

18.  O McDonald - 60 (3/14)

19.  Frost - 53 (5/15)

20.  Harmes - 47 (5/18)

21.  Wagner - 31 (5/14)

22.  vandenBerg - 24 (2/13)

23.  M Jones - 24 (5/9)

24.  Lumumba - 24 (2/5)

25.  Grimes - 14 (1/2)

26.  Pedersen - 9 (5/9)

27.  Brayshaw - 5 (2/9)

28.  Salem - 3 (1/7)

29.  Trengove - 3 (1/2)

30.  Garland - 1 (1/6)

31.  Weideman - 1 (1/2)

Best per round (vote order)

Rd 1 (GWS): Viney, Watts, T McDonald, Kennedy, N Jones, Oliver, Gawn, Vince, Jetta, M Jones, Hogan

Rd 2 (ESS): Kennedy, Garlett, N Jones, Vince, Tyson, M Jones, Jetta, Harmes, Pedersen

Rd 3 (NTH): Viney, Gawn, Vince, Lumumba, Jetta, Oliver, Hogan, Kent, Salem

Rd 4 (COL): Watts, Viney, Gawn, Wagner, Tyson, N Jones, T McDonald, Lumumba, Kennedy, Pedersen, Frost, Bugg, Hogan, Jetta

Rd 5 (RIC): Gawn, Viney, Tyson, Vince, Garlett, T McDonald, Watts, Kent, N Jones

Rd 6 (STK): Hogan, Viney, N Jones, Watts, Jetta, Gawn, Vince, Tyson, Bugg, Kennedy, Pedersen

Rd 7 (GC): Gawn, Viney, N Jones, Jetta, Harmes, Oliver, Bugg, Hunt, Vince, Wagner, Pedersen, Garlett

Rd 8 (WB): Jetta, Tyson, Viney, Kennedy, Stretch, Vince, T McDonald, Watts, Hogan, N Jones

Rd 9 (BRI): Hogan, Stretch, Bugg, Petracca, N Jones, Watts, Garlett, Oliver, Harmes, Wagner, Vince, Garland

Rd 10 (PA): Gawn, Jetta, N Jones, Hogan, Watts, Hunt, Stretch, T McDonald, Viney

Rd 11 (HAW): Vince, Tyson, N Jones, Jetta, Watts, Gawn, Hunt, Frost, Wagner, Petracca, Trengove

Rd 12 (COL): Gawn, Vince, N Jones, Tyson, Kent, Bugg, Hogan, T McDonald, Petracca, Frost, Hunt, Kennedy, Watts

Rd 13 (SYD): Hunt, Vince, Gawn, Watts, Petracca, N Jones, Wagner, T McDonald

Rd 14 (BYE)

Rd 15 (ADE): Watts, N Jones, Hunt, Garlett, Jetta, Harmes, Stretch, T McDonald, Hogan, Gawn, Kent, Viney

Rd 16 (FRE): T McDonald, Hogan, Watts, Gawn, Grimes, Viney, N Jones, Tyson, Jetta, Kent, M Jones, Hunt, vandenBerg

Rd 17 (STK): Viney, Gawn, T McDonald, Vince, Watts, Kent, Petracca, Harmes, Hunt, Jetta, M Jones

Rd 18 (WC): N Jones, Gawn, Kent, Frost, Tyson, Watts, Petracca, Viney, M Jones, Garlett, T McDonald, Jetta, Vince, Hunt

Rd 19 (GC): Watts, Tyson. Frost, Gawn, vandenBerg, Stretch, O McDonald, Petracca, T McDonald, Hunt, Brayshaw, Jetta, Kent

Rd 20 (HAW): Gawn, Viney, N Jones, Watts, Tyson, Oliver, Stretch, Petracca, T McDonald, Pedersen, Weideman

Rd 21 (PA): Gawn, Tyson, Vince, Jetta, T McDonald, O McDonald, Hunt, Bugg, Brayshaw, Oliver, N Jones

Rd 22 (CAR): Jetta, T McDonald, Hunt, O McDonald, Hogan, Tyson, Oliver, Viney, Petracca, N Jones, Gawn

Edited by P-man

54 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Will be very surprised if the demonland top 10 aren't the same top 10 in the b&f. Order will shuffle around slightly.

Can't see anyone else getting in there except maybe Bugg getting higher votes for the role he plays.

Dean Kent  a sneaky chance for the top 10

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

Dean Kent  a sneaky chance for the top 10

I love Kent and he was my pick (along with watts) in the breakout player of the next season thread.

He would struggle for a top 10 finish for mine.

He does alot right and has potential to become elite but still does way too much wrong. Like overhead marking and running backwards with flight of the ball.