CASEY SCORPIONS v WERRIBEE

KC from Casey

There's an interesting little competition at the top of the VFL ladder with Casey, Williamstown and Collingwood all on 12 wins. The top two placegetters before the finals get home ground advantage in the first week of the finals. That means that every game left is important for the three contenders.

PETER JACKSON VFL 2016
CASEY SCORPIONS v WERRIBEE

Sunday 14 August 2016
Casey Fields at 2.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

B: White Garland Grimes
HB: Michie Hutchins Dunn
C: Trengove Kennedy Kennedy-Harris
HF: Terlich Dawes J Smith
F: Neal-Bullen T Smith Wagner
FOLL: Spencer M Jones Salem
I/C (from): Baker D Collis Ferreira* Gordon Munro Moncrieff McInerney Morris Scott

WERRIBEE

B: Wright Tippett Jones
HB: Hibberd Nielson McFarlane
C: Maishman Hanson Fordham
HF: Mountford Durdin McKenzie
F: McKay Porter Meredith
FOLL: Preuss Gribble Sodomaco
I/C (from) Barrack Brett Conway Corbett* Iles Munro Petterwood Sherlock Wagner

* 23rd player

AFL VICTORIA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE 
CASEY SCORPIONS v SANDRINGHAM 

Sunday 14 August 2016
Casey Fields at 11.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

B: J Smith Moncrieff Wyatt
HB: Cotte Rutherford J McDonald
C: Munro Ambler Scott
HF: Freeman Baker Muir
F: Hannon Max King Vander Haar
FOLL: McInerney Pattison Wilson
I/C (from) F Anderson J Anderson Beacom Briggs Cox Di Pasquale Fritsch Gordon Hillard Daniel Johnston Machaya Stockdale

WERRIBEE

B: Kershaw Williams Kennedy
HB: Anderson Caldow Munro
C: Brett Barrack Iles
HF: Xavier VanDenBerg Rotumah-Onus
F: Houlihan Eagle Malthouse
FOLL: A Daw King Mahony
I/C (from): Butt Button Laughlin Pickering Shaw Walker

2 hours ago, Mickey said:

Ah yes. I see now. But why list him in the development league?

Not sure - could it maybe be something to do with VFL finals eligibility for 1s and 2s?    Funny things sometimes happen this time of year on these issues.

13 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Max King is finished. 

Saw him at one of the training camps at Maroochydore a couple of years ago.  The warning signs were quite prominent back then, and nothing I have read since has ade me change my view.

Disappointing for the kid, but he got to a stage (being recruited by the MFC) that many of us could only dream of.  Just a shame he couldn't get to the next level or two above.

• Like 1

Just now, Satyriconhome said:

Not sure either, he is still 20 turns 21 in September, point out we have actually persevered with Spencer for very little return in game time at AFL level

This kid I think came late to footy and is still growing into his 202cm frame. These guys do take time and they don't grow on trees. He would definitely get another year from me and I hope the club see it the same way. I will never forget those who wanted Hunt gone last year.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

This kid I think came late to footy and is still growing into his 202cm frame. These guys do take time and they don't grow on trees. He would definitely get another year from me and I hope the club see it the same way. I will never forget those who wanted Hunt gone last year.  

I think he has had 3 years on the rookie list Redleg. We either have to promote him or de-list him and then pick him up in the rookie draft if the club wants to keep him

6 minutes ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

I think he has had 3 years on the rookie list Redleg. We either have to promote him or de-list him and then pick him up in the rookie draft if the club wants to keep him

Well then I would re rookie him.

Just now, DavidNeitz9 said:

I would as well, another club could pick him up which is the danger

Well I suppose that is the risk we will have to take, as it looks unlikely he will be promoted, unless we are getting rid of a few more than most think.

When your getting dropped to the  development league in your 3rd year of AFL footy you know your in serious  trouble.

There are no comparisons to Gawn or Spencer. They were both playing senior  AFL level at 19 years old. King is nearly 21 and has struggled this year.

You can just about put a line through him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.