• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 15

Demonland

1 hour ago, JV7 said:

Glad Wagners out of the side albeit through injury... Hopefully Grimes gets a run and takes his chance and keeps him out. 

Grimes has had good VFL form but so did ANB and Newton... Assuming he plays, I hope he takes his chance because he is a ripper bloke but temper your expectations, he has been out of the side for a reason. Wagner is a gem we have found late. Good reader, good decision maker and a good kick, I wouldnt want him out of the side long.

Would be surprised if Grimes comes in for Wagner.  He has been playing more midfield/wing/half forward at Casey, so why would we bring him in to replace a half back?  Does that mean Michie gets another go?

That leaves the Clarry replacement.  Do we bring him (JG) in for that, or do we bring in Jeffy, which will then allow Petracca to play more midfield minutes.

Listening to Roos Views, he commented about bringing in players who have been playing well at Casey, even if it is at the expense of someone playing ok in the seniors.  You can argue that all of Harmes, Grimes, Michie and Jones tick that box.

I personally would bring back Jeffy.  Admittedly he hasn't starred at Casey (conditions didn't suit in his first week), but I think he would've learnt his lesson, and knows the consequences of not performing in the seniors.  He wouldn't be the first player that performs better in the higher level than what he does in lower levels.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, olisik said:

Won't be happy if Grimes comes in. Tells the world all you need to do if you want you want to play a game is talk about jumping ship

Or you just need to have consistent form at Casey and put yourself in a position where you "can't be ignored" :o

Two real problems with this side at present:

1. The inconsistency of Kent / Harmes / Kennedy / Vandenberg. We can keep shuffling the deck chairs, but they can't all play in the same side because none of them perform properly more than once a month.

2. The inability of Dawes, Watts & Hogan to play together. Pedersen and Hogan complement each other much better, and Watts isn't forced into the ruck when Pedersen plays.

Grimes deserves his chance, and I would have played him ahead of Wagner anyway. Garlett would be lucky to play on form, but we need him in the side. Surely Jones is next in line for a chance after Grimes, but perhaps not this week. Hopefully we never see Michie again at this level.

10 minutes ago, poita said:

2. The inability of Dawes, Watts & Hogan to play together. Pedersen and Hogan complement each other much better, and Watts isn't forced into the ruck when Pedersen plays.

That's just not even true. Hogan has talked repeatedly about how much he likes playing with Dawes, can't recall him ever even mentioning Pedersen. Dawes tends to play higher up than Pedo, so not sure how that makes you think Pedo works better with him. What do you think the reason Dawes is getting picked ahead of Pedersen is then if Pedo works better with them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stuie said:

VINEY IN STRIFE?

Might Jack Viney be in doubt for Sunday's match-up with Adelaide? Here's Ben Guthrie from Demons training:

Viney was out on Gosch's Paddock for the Demons' main training session for no more than 15 minutes before leaving the track to receive some treatment away from prying eyes.

After getting some medical attention, he then walked back to the club's AAMI Park headquarters and took no further part in the session.

The Demons will have more information on his status for Sunday's game after lunchtime on Friday afternoon.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-01/late-mail-live-round-15

3 hours ago, billy2803 said:

Would be surprised if Grimes comes in for Wagner.  He has been playing more midfield/wing/half forward at Casey, so why would we bring him in to replace a half back?  Does that mean Michie gets another go?

That leaves the Clarry replacement.  Do we bring him (JG) in for that, or do we bring in Jeffy, which will then allow Petracca to play more midfield minutes.

Listening to Roos Views, he commented about bringing in players who have been playing well at Casey, even if it is at the expense of someone playing ok in the seniors.  You can argue that all of Harmes, Grimes, Michie and Jones tick that box.

I personally would bring back Jeffy.  Admittedly he hasn't starred at Casey (conditions didn't suit in his first week), but I think he would've learnt his lesson, and knows the consequences of not performing in the seniors.  He wouldn't be the first player that performs better in the higher level than what he does in lower levels.

2 hours ago, Tough Kent said:

Roosy said in his presser that Jeffy will play. Great news. His pressure and ability to split a game open when on is needed against good sides. He always takes the best small defender.

Thanks Roosy.

If Viney doesn't get up because of his hammy, I'd imagine that Grimes will definitely play.  If Viney does play, I can see Matt Jones coming in for Wagner.

Listening to Roos' presser, I'd say it's more unlikely than likely that Jack get a run.

Stats for the full 25 named for this week

MFC            AFC              Diff   
Average Age 23.5 24.9   -1.4  
Average Games 68.1 91.0   -22.9  

Back Line          
Ave Age 22.5 22.8   -0.3  
Ave Games 51.3 72.3   -21.0  

Fol (includes wing)          
Ave Age 25.2 26.3   -1.2  
Ave Games 98.8 131.0   -32.2  

Fwd          
Ave Age 24.4 23.1   1.3  
Ave Games 58.3 118.8   -60.5  

Int          
Ave Age 24.4 23.1   1.3  
Ave Games 64.6 49.0   15.6  

Melbourne          
Games     Backline               Fol          Fwd             Int         total
0-50 3 1 4 3 11
51-100 3 3 0 3 9
101-150 0 0 2 1 3
151-200 0 1 0 0 1
200+ 0 1 0 0 1
AFC          
Games     Backline               Fol          Fwd             Int          total
0-50 2 2 1 4 9
51-100 2 0 2 3 7
101-150 2 2 1 0 5
151-200 0 1 1 0 2
200+ 0 1 1 0 2

MFC Back     AFC Fwd              Diff  
Age     22.5         23.1   -0.6  
Games     51.3       118.8   -67.5  

MFC Fwd   AFC Back      
Age 24.4 22.8   1.6  
Games 58.3 72.3   -14.0  

This has to be one of the more experienced teams we have listed in a while yet we are still a year behind in age and experience pretty much across the board. With Trangove, Grimes, and Garlett on the bench it does put us in front in that department though. 

Our backline, which some on here detest, some dislike, and a few don't mind, goes in against one of the best forward 6 in the comp being behind my 60 games experience on average! Could get ugly fast but I am one of the few don't mind our defence (with the qualifier that they do fall apart when the pressure up the ground fails).

My prediction - 6-7 goal loss, most of that margin being dealt out in a couple of 10 minute patches. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Well I jhave been called a Clown, Greyhound trainer, Tuck shop lady ( That was very funny) But Enough!! I have decided to put you all straight here it is My professional paid career for all to see! Enjoy! Cheers PF

INTRODUCING

PICKET FENCE ENTERPRISES PTY LTD

ENTREPRENUER, RACONTEUR, URBAN LEGEND.

SPECIALIZING IN

LARGE AND SMALL SCALE COMMUNICATIONS EXPERTS

PUBLIC RELATIONS CONSULTANTS

TEAM STRATEGISTS

STRATEGIC AND GOAL SETTING PLANNING

TALK TO PICKET FENCE PERSONALLY FOR A NO OBLIGATION FREE CONSULTATION

ps MENTION THIS ADD FOR A SPECIAL Fence Deal!!

• Like 1

Usually give us a chance against interstate sides on the G, but reckon we'll get smacked this week. Desperately need Viney to play... obviously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Well I jhave been cinlled a Clown, Greyhound trainer, Tuck shop lady ( That was very funny) But Enough!! I have decided to put you all straight here it is My professional paid career for all to see! Enjoy! Cheers PF

INTRODUCING

PICKET FENCE ENTERPRISES PTY LTD

ENTREPRENUER, RACONTEUR, URBAN LEGEND.

SPECIALIZING IN

LARGE AND SMALL SCALE COMMUNICATIONS EXPERTS

PUBLIC RELATIONS CONSULTANTS

TEAM STRATEGISTS

STRATEGIC AND GOAL SETTING PLANNING

TALK TO PICKET FENCE PERSONALLY FOR A NO OBLIGATION FREE CONSULTATION

ps MENTION THIS ADD FOR A SPECIAL Fence Deal!!

So what are your chances tomorrow Picket? Are you In a marginal seat? ^_^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Stats for thin full 25 named for this week

MFC            AFC              Diff   
Average Age 23.5 24.9   -1.4  
Average Games 68.1 91.0   -22.9  

Back Line          
Ave Age 22.5 22.8   -0.3  
Ave Games 51.3 72.3   -21.0  

Fol (includes wing)          
Ave Age 25.2 26.3   -1.2  
Ave Games 98.8 131.0   -32.2  

Fwd          
Ave Age 24.4 23.1   1.3  
Ave Games 58.3 118.8   -60.5  

Int          
Ave Age 24.4 23.1   1.3  
Ave Games 64.6 49.0   15.6  

Melbourne          
Games     Backline               Fol          Fwd             Int         total
0-50 3 1 4 3 11
51-100 3 3 0 3 9
101-150 0 0 2 1 3
151-200 0 1 0 0 1
200+ 0 1 0 0 1
AFC          
Games     Backline               Fol          Fwd             Int          total
0-50 2 2 1 4 9
51-100 2 0 2 3 7
101-150 2 2 1 0 5
151-200 0 1 1 0 2
200+ 0 1 1 0 2

MFC Back     AFC Fwd              Diff  
Age     22.5         23.1   -0.6  
Games     51.3       118.8   -67.5  

MFC Fwd   AFC Back      
Age 24.4 22.8   1.6  
Games 58.3 72.3   -14.0  

This has to be one of the more experienced teams we have listed in a while yet we are still a year behind in age and experience pretty much across the board. With Trangove, Grimes, and Garlett on the bench it does put us in front in that department though. 

Our backline, which some on here detest, some dislike, and a few don't mind, goes in against one of the best forward 6 in the comp being behind my 60 games experience on average! Could get ugly fast but I am one of the few don't mind our defence (with the qualifier that they do fall apart when the pressure up the ground fails).

My prediction - 6-7 goal loss, most of that margin being dealt out in a couple of 10 minute patches. 

Good work.

That differential down back looks ugly. Also, since Rnd 9, the Crows are +25 Inside 50s vs their opponents

have to admit, if we get beated easily - I will be gutted.

im still holding out some hope that we will surprise a few teams this year. Only surprising win really has been GWS but strange things happen in round 1 and pushing north (but we didnt win it)

c'mon the Dees, give us a win!   the gap in games/exp isnt that great, it is no excuse (esp if Garlett and Grimes come in)

I think Oliver's omission is more a team thing rather than based on personal form. He has a lot of currency as an inside mid but he only played 62% game time and Roos probably wants someone who has a little more endurance and versatility. Anyway maybe it was a plan for him to have limited games this year. If Viney misses it'll be a bit stiff on him though

• Like 1

Official Outs

Trenners Wagner Oliver 

Ins

Harmes Garlett M Jones..

Grimes emergency.....

Unbelievable once again... Garlett brought in based on poor form yet Grimes yet again named Emergency... Starting to get sick of this coaching staff and their selection panel. 

Trengove given 3 games and dropped..

Roos is starting to lose me.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Official Outs

Trenners Wagner Oliver 

Ins

Harmes Garlett M Jones..

Grimes emergency.....

Unbelievable once again... Garlett brought in based on poor form yet Grimes yet again named Emergency... Starting to get sick of this coaching staff and their selection panel. 

Trengove given 3 games and dropped..

Roos is starting to lose me.

I don't know why you feel that way.  He's only here for 9 more rounds.  Just ride it out.

VERY surprised not to see Grimes selected, although Jones was good earlier in the year (can't believe I'm typing that) and he seems the replacement for Wagner.  Garlett is an interesting one - going by what Roos said they were happy with his output last week and they believe he is too dangerous to leave at Casey.  I tend to agree although it does go against their mantra slightly.  Trengove stiff but, again, Harmes comes in to take his spot on the back of 30 possies and 3 goals last week.  

• Like 1

Dumb selections all round. Why don't we just play 22 inconsistent small forwards and forget about the rest of our playing list? Laird and Smith will get 100 possessions between them playing on Kent, Garlett and co.

All year Roos bangs on about form, until it suits him to bring in players who are horribly out of form. What are the odds on Lumumba returning next week irrespective of his performance this week?

As for Grimes, I suppose he'll be 23rd man again this week, then Roos will come up with some lame excuse about lack of match fitness for not bringing him next week.