How many wins will we end up with in 2016

junk

3 or 4 wins out of the 9 I think would be a acceptable return.  If it's less than that, I'd be disappointed.

I think we need to continue resting and rotating players for the rest of the season and hopefully avoid any long term injuries so 90%+ of the list is fit and ready for the start of preseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky P said:

Surely we'll beat St Kilda next time. We just cannot keep losing to those spuds.

Biggest game of the remainder of year for us. Just simply have to win! They are behind us in talent and development, we shouldn't continue to lose to them or at Edihad for that matter.

• Like 3

If we play like we played in first and third quarters v Collingwood we will be lucky to win any more games and this was considered by many to be a breakout game

Look at the replay dispassionately  and you see plenty of dumb lazy poor football. Pies were just a complete shambles but they tested us plenty during the game.

Dees must start games well and push hard in defence. Play a simpler game imo.

Edited by jackaub
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2016 at 8:51 PM, Meggs said:

Mr and Mrs Meggs are going to Darwin.  I sincerely hope you are right OD, it will be much more enjoyable trip if we beat Freo.

Fingers Crossed

Hope you and Mrs Meggs have a better time than Jack and Jackie aub had in Alice . Good Luck!

54 minutes ago, jackaub said:

Hope you and Mrs Meggs have a better time than Jack and Jackie aub had in Alice . Good Luck!

That's very kind of you Mr Aub

Put me down for 7 or 8.

We can't play Etihad - Saints will [censored] us. Freo are back on track and will similarly towel us. I predict we'll crumble as we have in the past.

• Like 1

Let's be honest.

We're downhill skiing big time. We've beaten one side in GWS who are obviously a much better side than us.. All other sides we've beaten have been either massively hit by injury or were in horrendous form. Or both.

We lost to Essendon and we may possibly be the only side they beat all year. So that does say something about 'where we're at'.

We haven't taken any scalps and considering we have an extremely tough draw after the bye, I want to see at least two games that we can win when we're not supposed to. If Carlton can beat Geelong at Etihad and Freo at Freo with the list they have, then I expect to see us beat Adelaide at home and Freo interstate.

We need to beat St Kilda at Etihad. Must in fact. 

Gold Coast and Carlton we simply must beat. And if we can hold off on a flogging from West Coast, Port, Hawthorn and Geelong and instead take it up to them then I'll be pleased.

There's a lot of talk going on in regards to where we are 'heading'. 

I'd like to back that up with some solid performances against some decent teams. None of this beating up on Collingwood/Richmond nonsense when they're down and out.

Yes we've played some great football throughout games this year. But we haven't been awe-inspiring in any one game. Positives have come from young players and the emergence of Viney and Gawn. Greater depth has helped too.

The second half of the year will be a a true test. And one worth watching. 

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, bandicoot said:

Saints? The annihilated us last time. Can't see much changing next time around

Last year we should've beat them - then they killed us at the G. One week at a time and each game on its merits!

In 1989 we kicked 2.8.20 vs the Cats at the G in round 12. In round 16 we beat them at Waverley 112-109. A lot changes from week to week.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We do need to recruit senior players this year

Like Lumumba, Melksham, Bugg, Kennedy, Cross, Vince etc We've been doing this but there's a limit to how much you can bring in. The improvement will come as our young players mature - they need leadership to ease them/guide them but overall we won't improve massively unless/until it's on the back of the 1-3 year players.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Like Lumumba, Melksham, Bugg, Kennedy, Cross, Vince etc We've been doing this but there's a limit to how much you can bring in. The improvement will come as our young players mature - they need leadership to ease them/guide them but overall we won't improve massively unless/until it's on the back of the 1-3 year players.

No we need to recruit some Real Leadership otherwise we will not break the cycle. 

Players who can drag this club over the line late in games

4 hours ago, Ricky P said:

Surely we'll beat St Kilda next time. We just cannot keep losing to those spuds.

St Kilda are just too good for us. Both on the field and from the coaches box.

One of the negatives of what will be the Paul Roos legacy is that we've continued to lose to the same teams that should not have been particularly hard assignments. eg -St Kilda, Port and Essendon.

As another poster suggested, it's hard to say we've dramatically improved this year when we keep beating the same old same old - Pies, Tigers, Suns and Lions and keep losing to bottom 10 sides in Port and St Kilda. The Essendon loss was a disgrace by all involved in the club but Roos has to take most of the blame being the head coach.

Let's see if he and the club can break some  hoodoos in the second half of the year by beating Adelaide (MCG) , Freo (Darwin) St Kilda (Etihad) and Port (AO)...none of which are impossible. 

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

St Kilda are just too good for us. Both on the field and from the coaches box.

One of the negatives of what will be the Paul Roos legacy is that we've continued to lose to the same teams that should not have been particularly hard assignments. eg -St Kilda, Port and Essendon.

As another poster suggested, it's hard to say we've dramatically improved this year when we keep beating the same old same old - Pies, Tigers, Suns and Lions and keep losing to bottom 10 sides in Port and St Kilda. The Essendon loss was a disgrace by all involved in the club but Roos has to take most of the blame being the head coach.

Let's see if he and the club can break some  hoodoos in the second half of the year by beating Adelaide (MCG) , Freo (Darwin) St Kilda (Etihad) and Port (AO)...none of which are impossible. 

I agree. People on here are saying "We have turned the corner"

no we haven't. We have stopped going backwards in free fall

BUT we are yet to turn the corner

that only happens with Big Wins (those who were better than us)

Everyone who is saying we haven't improved this year are ignoring the fact that we beat GWS.  It doesn't support your arguments of not beating anyone above us on the ladder... but we did, we beat GWS.  Sure we are yet to take the competition by the throat, but you can't prattle on about us not beating any good teams this year when we did in fact beat a very good team in round one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

No we need to recruit some Real Leadership otherwise we will not break the cycle. 

Players who can drag this club over the line late in games

31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Such as?

27 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Free Agency

Offer $$$

We have to keep doing it until we snag leaders otherwise this phase will not bare fruit

SWYL - I suspect that Dr G was asking you for examples, not how it is done.

I too would be interested who you think would be suitable, available and willing. 

22 minutes ago, monoccular said:

SWYL - I suspect that Dr G was asking you for examples, not how it is done.

I too would be interested who you think would be suitable, available and willing. 

No idea who is available

silly season hasn't begun yet

But we need to be a Big Player in the upcoming meat market

I think I was predicting/hoping for 10/12.

Will be interesting to see if they put up the white flag or fight out the year with pride.

Free Agency

Offer $$$

We have to keep doing it until we snag leaders otherwise this phase will not bare fruit

Name names otherwise it's irrelevant. I don't disagree with you but who do you reckon we should be targeting who is a realistic option to come to us?

We tried Dangerfield, he didn't want to come. Also you need to be mindful of not upsetting the list management with lopsided contracts.

• Like 2

I agree. People on here are saying "We have turned the corner"

no we haven't. We have stopped going backwards in free fall

BUT we are yet to turn the corner

that only happens with Big Wins (those who were better than us)

I'd agree with that assessment. A lot of so called experts have been very quick to say we've turned a corner. I feel more like we're at the corner we just haven't made that next step. For the last half of the year the players need to set themselves to get that breakout win, I feel it can happen but we need everyone pulling in the same direction. That said I also believe this year has been a step ahead in the development, when we're hot we're hot and let's also not forget we were so close to coming away with the win against North when they were red hot.

But yes, IMO we still haven't turned the corner.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Name names otherwise it's irrelevant. I don't disagree with you but who do you reckon we should be targeting who is a realistic option to come to us?

We tried Dangerfield, he didn't want to come. Also you need to be mindful of not upsetting the list management with lopsided contracts.

It's irrelevant but you agree with me!

that's good Doctor G

Hunter would approve of that logic. 

More players like Bernie Vince. He was an inspired get, but he can't do it alone. 

Even our Captain needs guidance because he has never been near the top.