• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v St Kilda

Whispering_Jack

Geez its already Monday evening and we play 1 pm Saturday arvo.  Very short week for the boys, surely one or two players guaranteed to be rested as many have alluded to already on here.

I will be shocked if Tracca doesnt debut!

cant believe the people calling for Harmes out...... Elusive, hard at it, accurate.

We have two "utility" types in Pedo and Frost.  If we think we don't need the height then probably Frost for Truck but why change a winning team if they are all fit.

Brayshaw is obviously not 100% but if its just match fitness he needs I'd rather his pressure.  And ditto to whoever said put him back in the middle.

Oliver won't come back via Casey, he makes us better.  We missed him against Richmond.

Did I read someone say that Petracca hasn't done enough to warrant selection ?  Averaging over 30 possessions and a goal per game (3) isn't enough ?  Especially when you look a class above the level ?

I don't care that we've won two in a row.  This side can be better and needs to be better.  If Petracca is deemed to have enough kilometres in his legs then he needs to come in.

Brayshaw is noticeably labouring and needs to string a couple of good games at Casey and Frost can't mark.  I know he does some good things and yes, his speed pressure is great, but that's not enough to keep you in the side.  Petracca plays taller than Frost, because he's an exceptional mark and leap.

Out: Brayshaw, Frost

In: Oliver, Petracca

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Macca said:

You may be right and I don't totally dispute what you're saying ... he just has a lot more upside and because of that, I'd persevere for the time being. 

If he comes out, he'll probably be rested like Oliver was.  Again, I'd be more inclined to persevere because a good game from Angus might be just around the corner ... there were numerous people here wanting to drop Tyson just 2 weeks ago ... Kent was another who was in the gun just a short while ago as well.  Pedersen was described as a "spud" 2-3 weeks ago by some prominent posters here ... the list goes on. 

It's the prominent posters you need to avoid paying attention to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pates said:

Frost I feel will be the one to make way for Petracca, I feel we're a bit too heavy with him and Pedo, and Pedo was definitely the better of the two last night. 

Frost for Petracca

Oliver to come through the VFL. If Salem goes out I would honestly be tempted to play Trenners. 

No way known will Oliver come through the VFL. He's too bloody good!  Roosy would have said Mate you have had a solid 3 months have a spell and you will come back Straight into the team next week!

I beleive he will continue to rotae the Younger brigade through and rest Not in The VFL but Rest ENTIRELY! 

So Harmes turn or maybe Frost depending on matchups!

Petracca a straight swap for an out of sorts Brayshaw!

Edited by picket fence

I feel for Brayshaw because, like vanders, he has had to play a role predominantly in the forward line that is isn't suited for.

Petracca, I think, we take to that role more readily.

Love what Frost might become in a few years, but he should make way for Petracca and then the selectors have to decide whether Brayshaw gets a role in that midfield. Or whether it is Oliver...

Oliver is in better form.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Oliver won't come back via Casey, he makes us better.  We missed him against Richmond.

Did I read someone say that Petracca hasn't done enough to warrant selection ?  Averaging over 30 possessions and a goal per game (3) isn't enough ?  Especially when you look a class above the level ?

I don't care that we've won two in a row.  This side can be better and needs to be better.  If Petracca is deemed to have enough kilometres in his legs then he needs to come in.

Brayshaw is noticeably labouring and needs to string a couple of good games at Casey and Frost can't mark.  I know he does some good things and yes, his speed pressure is great, but that's not enough to keep you in the side.  Petracca plays taller than Frost, because he's an exceptional mark and leap.

Out: Brayshaw, Frost

In: Oliver, Petracca

Yep 100% in agreement and I don't post all that often!!

7 minutes ago, Chook said:

It's the prominent posters you need to avoid paying attention to.

Well, it was more of an observation Chook. 

We even had a "Drop Hogan" thread floating about a few weeks ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Well, it was more of an observation Chook. 

We even had a "Drop Hogan" thread floating about a few weeks ago. 

It's the people who start threads that you need to pay the least attention to.

Edited by Chook

Tim Watson just said on talking footy is that murmurings he has heard is that Petracca is the best junior people have ever seen, he emphasised that not just the best ever seen at MELBOURNE but the best ever period

• Like 3

1 minute ago, olisik said:

Tim Watson just said on talking footy is that murmurings he has heard is that Petracca is the best junior people have ever seen, he emphasised that not just the best ever seen at MELBOURNE but the best ever period

Why wasn't he the number 1 pick then?

4 minutes ago, Chook said:

Because St Kilda are goofs. McCartin will be a good player but Petracca's ceiling is enormous.

1 minute ago, The Song Formerly Known As said:

Because st kilda needed a key forward to replace reiwoldt more than they needed another mid.

2 minutes ago, olisik said:

Coz he isn't a tall forward?

1 minute ago, Petraccattack said:

Cos St Kilda

If he were that great, St Kilda would have taken him. Or are they that stupid?

Petracca for Frost is a no brainer.  We will lose something defensively but gain so much more attack.

Oliver has to play full stop.  I love Brayshaw but Oliver just has to play.

Trengove is a better player than Bugg and I can't see the downside.

The short break warrants the changes to the winning line up.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Chook said:

Coz Aints ahve no idea in recruiting!! After John Beveridge left ( who is widely regarded as the "Guru" recruiter) they had no real idea of footballing "Class" Hence Aints went with Mc Cartin! Thank Chistmas they did!!:P

1 hour ago, Roost It said:

OUT Brayshaw, Pedersen

IN Petracca, Oliver

[censored] Frost was next to invisible inthe first half! Pederson has too many strings to Bow !~ If atall goes out it must be Frost!

I'm not going to throw any names out there because most guys are doing their bit but I hope we are proactive and freshen up the line up given the short week. We have some depth, we should use it.

2 minutes ago, olisik said:

Rest Harmes Frost and Brayshaw

bring in Jones Petracca and Oliver for me

Don't mind this, but get the feeling Roos and co. won't want to toy with a well-functioning forward line meaning Frost will probably stay. 

• Like 2

For those thinking about ANB coming in, I suspect that as good as his form might be, the club has him earmarked as a mid and not a flanker. So I suspect that for him to make his way into the team you are going to need an injury to Viney, N Jones, Tyson etc... he's not going to be coming in to replace Harmes, Hunt etc.

Roos said Petracca would now be selected based on form, not fitness which should suggest he gets a game pretty soon, however with a loss to Willy, and Petracca being good, but not great could mean he doesn't get a game till Gold Coast in the following week.

Trengove was solid again, and would be great to see both come back into the seniors together.

Frost and Wagner Out 

Trengove and Petracca In, Oliver to have a run in the twos and will be back very soon.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

Petracca for Frost is a no brainer.  We will lose something defensively but gain so much more attack.

Oliver has to play full stop.  I love Brayshaw but Oliver just has to play.

Trengove is a better player than Bugg and I can't see the downside.

The short break warrants the changes to the winning line up.

Trengove for Bugg?

Not yet. Not near it.