Caro's latest rumourmongering.

RalphiusMaximus

37 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

At least she is articulate and entertaining to listen to. How she allows herself to be in the same room as that buffoon Hutchy I'll never know.

She knows the game alot better then Hutchy. I find i can listen to her better then him who seriously has no idea whats going on. I put him in the same class as Sam Mclure who tipped us this year for the wooden spoon.

Both have no [censored] idea.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Just to tidy up a loose end, on Footy Classified it was made clear that Clarkson would never take Dimma's job. They are not just coaches but extremely close friends. And I agree with Nutbean - Caro didn't say Clarkson would coach Collingwood. She said just enough for some people to think she said it (and put herself in the position of being able to say "you heard it hear first" if the unthinkable, one-in-a-million, highly unlikely set of circumstances actually happens).  

I think she is a very clever journalist as this has always been her modus operandi - she mixes fact with opinion without demarcation and then presents you with summary that can only lead you to one conclusion but doesn't actually articulate the conclusion herself. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

She knows the game alot better then Hutchy. I find i can listen to her better then him who seriously has no idea whats going on. I put him in the same class as Sam Mclure who tipped us this year for the wooden spoon.

I think you're underestimating Hutchison. What he knows about football is how to make radio and television programs which entertain. He plays the antagonist to ensure the three others have something to "bounce" off. I think you'll find that everything he does and says is about creating frisson, not about being factual or informed. He leaves the "genuine" opinions to the other three panelists. 

19 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

*than

51 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

At least she is articulate and entertaining to listen to. How she allows herself to be in the same room as that buffoon Hutchy I'll never know.

I forgot Hutchy existed, one of the perks of living outside of Victoria.

• Like 2

Eddie has stated the following within the last week: -

"I would have no hesitation in sacking Nathan...."

"Things are getting pretty tense.."

It's not like he hasn't got rid of a coach before to get someone they want! He understands the football landscape better than most as a President. And he understands that the club is bigger than the individual. He's moved on Shaw and Malthouse. He's seeked Malthouse out whilst a coach at the Eagles. And he's big on success. He would be negligent in his duty not to approach Clarkson with a mammoth deal. 

Collingwood are in the building process and the timing would seem right. Despite the one year extension to Buckley - which was a prudent step one way or another. They didn't lock him into a 3 year deal. It would have cost them a lot to make a sudden decision as giving him the sack. If this scenario of Caro's reporting did come true, a one year payout is chicken feed to Collingwood and a huge coup in getting one of the most successful coaches ever!

I wouldn't dismiss this by Caro. 

Interesting what Paul Roo's does next in his football journey. If we continue to do well this year and rebuild V3 is deemed a success, Roos will have several club presidents offering wheelbarrows of cash to do likewise at their club.

Edited by PaulRB

55 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

Interesting what Paul Roo's does next in his football journey. If we continue to do well this year and rebuild V3 is deemed a success, Roos will have several club presidents offering wheelbarrows of cash to do likewise at their club.

I gather the V3 has a starting point of Bailey being appointed, although didn't he really have two himself?

We are really on rebuilt v20 or so since or last premiership. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

From your article.

What’s also interesting is that everyone -- extrovert or introvert, agreeable or cranky -- was more positive towards those respondents with less errors.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaulRB said:

This was my initial fear as well, but I don't think Roos would undermine his legacy at Melbourne by going elsewhere.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PaulRB said:

Talk was that he was moving to the U.S. with his American-born wife. Can't remember where I read it.

25 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

as good a place as any to spend your millions. highest cost of living in the us iirc

I seriously doubt that will be a problem for the Roos family dc

2 hours ago, ManDee said:

From your article.

What’s also interesting is that everyone -- extrovert or introvert, agreeable or cranky -- was more positive towards those respondents with less errors.

Also from the article:

"You know the person who’s obsessed with your, you’re, and whether you’re using your pronouns and contractions correctly? Turns out, they're kind of a jerk."

Caro is only speculating on options, bucks is under pressure if eddie was to shaft him then Collingwood would be going all out to get the best coach available. Clarkson whether in contract or out would be near the top of their wish list. The fact that he has not signed means he would most likely be their primary target.

From Clarkson's point of view his in a no loose situation. If Collingwood shows interest it just pushes up the price Hawthorn and any one else looking for one of the best available coach would have to pay to get him, Its almost like watching an auction for a small two bedroom fixer up in East Melbourne at auction, this will go way over the reserve price and set new records. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Also from the article:

"You know the person who’s obsessed with your, you’re, and whether you’re using your pronouns and contractions correctly? Turns out, they're kind of a jerk."

Touche.

16 hours ago, ManDee said:

From your article.

I'm now a bit less positive than I was to Huffington Post given its use of "less" when it would be better (ie, correct) to have used "fewer".

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Also from the article:

Ok grammar nazi nazi, just seeing you seemed to have missed it the first time, it was actually a spelling mistake rather than a grammar mistake, but hey, you know, keep going buddy, post after post complaining about pettiness is pretty ironic.