Caro's latest rumourmongering.

RalphiusMaximus

On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 9:04 AM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I think you're underestimating Hutchison. What he knows about football is how to make radio and television programs which entertain. He plays the antagonist to ensure the three others have something to "bounce" off. I think you'll find that everything he does and says is about creating frisson, not about being factual or informed. He leaves the "genuine" opinions to the other three panelists. 

Spot on. He will create friction if things are getting dull or slow. He cares not if he is lampooned or attacked.

He's a very astute performer.

5 minutes ago, angrydee said:

Spot on. He will create friction if things are getting dull or slow. He cares not if he is lampooned or attacked.

He's a very astute performer.

In fact, watch the closing credits at the end. Every episode he does something physical purely for the cameras. He might throw his pen in the air, lean over the table or pick up his running sheet. It's all highly disciplined to make sure that there is something for the camera to see rather than an otherwise static desk with four panelists impersonating Easter Island statues.

8 hours ago, ManDee said:

There are so many anal retentive's here, myself included. I cringe when I see bad grammar then I go and do it myself. We are in such a hurry to get our thoughts out there that sometimes we make mistakes. It is important to laugh, especially when we stuff up whilst correcting others. Guilty as charged your worship!

An errant " 's ", ManDee!  I expected better of a fellow self-proclaimed grammar Nazi, especially after our discussion about this very issue on another thread. Tsk tsk.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

I reckon Ken Hinkley might well be up for grabs at the end of the year, i can easily see Richmond, Collingwood, Port and Brisbane all sacking their coaches before the year is out.

Who'd want Hinkley if he was sacked at this point though? From the outside, he seems to lack a B Plan.

1 hour ago, AdamFarr said:

Who'd want Hinkley if he was sacked at this point though? From the outside, he seems to lack a B Plan.

Seems that way doesn't it

Port play flat out. Maybe the list is just mentally and physically spent. 

Interesting times. I like Ken but the heat is on him now...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ManDee said:

The guy in front of me ordered a 72.

There was no 72 on the menu, so he explained it was a 69 with 3 fingers up.........   Can we say that here?

PS:- True story. At a Chinese restaurant in Bridge Rd. I think it was after a Melbourne V Richmond match in the late 70's- Was that you?

I have an amusing story regarding the Phuk Dat restaurant in Springvale  -  perhaps another time.

3 hours ago, Maple Demon said:

An errant " 's ", ManDee!  I expected better of a fellow self-proclaimed grammar Nazi, especially after our discussion about this very issue on another thread. Tsk tsk.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2016/apr/20/grammar-snobs-are-patronising-pretentious-and-just-plain-wrong-video

2 hours ago, AdamFarr said:

Not sure if I've posted this before and most certainly our astute football media have not picked it up yet but here goes my theory on Ken. It's only a theory and may or may not be correct.

I believe Phil Walsh was a big loss to Port when he went to the Crows and his replacement, Michael Voss has not filled the void.

Ken has had 2 strong deputies Walsh and Alan Richardson before him. Voss was a great player but doesn't have the football acumen and experience of these other 2 men.

Hinkley needs strong support, I'm not sure he is the master coach some were touting him as.

• Like 2

Michael Voss for Phil Walsh is as far from equitable replacement as it gets. We're talking about the coach who revivified Adelaide in half a season, versus the guy who set the Lions on a collision course with mediocrity. Leppa's just finishing the job Voss started.

25 minutes ago, rjay said:

Not sure if I've posted this before and most certainly our astute football media have not picked it up yet but here goes my theory on Ken. It's only a theory and may or may not be correct.

I believe Phil Walsh was a big loss to Port when he went to the Crows and his replacement, Michael Voss has not filled the void.

Ken has had 2 strong deputies Walsh and Alan Richardson before him. Voss was a great player but doesn't have the football acumen and experience of these other 2 men.

Hinkley needs strong support, I'm not sure he is the master coach some were touting him as.

Makes sense, mate.

12 hours ago, stuie said:

Still going? Wow. Maybe you need to read that article about grammar nazis someone posted....

#hypocrite

#irony

Dude you were wrong, I don't care that you were wrong but seriously it was never needed to be addressed!

On 4/18/2016 at 8:51 AM, dazzledavey36 said:

She knows the game alot better then Hutchy. I find i can listen to her better then him who seriously has no idea whats going on. I put him in the same class as Sam Mclure who tipped us this year for the wooden spoon.

Both have no [censored] idea.

I would say she knows a lot about football politics rather than the game itself, same goes for Hutchy.

21 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

I reckon Ken Hinkley might well be up for grabs at the end of the year, i can easily see Richmond, Collingwood, Port and Brisbane all sacking their coaches before the year is out.

I do not see Leppa getting sacked, not this year anyway, nor do i see the Tiges sacking Hardwick, they would bring so much more bad press on themselves if they sacked him just after singing him for 3 more years.  Not sure about Hinkley, he has the cattle just cant get them to the milking shed.  FIGJAM is FUBAR

Edited by AzzKikA