POST GAME DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, pinkshark said:

I was a fan the day he chose to join us.  All the noise out of Collingwood about him being troublesome was ridiculous.  He was mocked there for being outspoken, thoughtful, eloquent and for having decent morals.  With such cerebral types as Travis 'Ian Baker-Finch' Cloke, Dane Swan and even Buckley getting stuck into him you can understand his desire to leave that neanderthal pack.  He is a very good footballer and a very good role model and Collingwood did not value this.  Roos did.  MFC did.  It looks like our players do.  I love the guy.  Frustrates at times but very few don't when trying to improve as our club from where we have been.  Love the H fndee!

I can confirm from a mate who played at Collingwood that he is one of the most genuine good guys you can meet and the outside perception of him is totally wrong. All the players loved him there and he was good mates with Swan. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, CatFishPig said:

It may have been discussed already, but did anyone see what happened to Harmsey with 5 minutes to go??

Did Taylor Adams give him one behind play?? I missed it..

I hope it gets looked at...

Harmes and Taylor had a "discussion" just around from the goal on the MCC members side on the boundary. Harmes ran off into the play with Taylor following him. The ball would have been at least 15-20m away and Harmes went down like he had been shot.Taylor kept running away with the Melbourne supporters going ape. Not one umpire saw the incident. Not sure if it was mentioned on any of the media at the time. It was a cheap shot. 

32 minutes ago, longsuffering said:

Harmes and Taylor had a "discussion" just around from the goal on the MCC members side on the boundary. Harmes ran off into the play with Taylor following him. The ball would have been at least 15-20m away and Harmes went down like he had been shot.Taylor kept running away with the Melbourne supporters going ape. Not one umpire saw the incident. Not sure if it was mentioned on any of the media at the time. It was a cheap shot. 

Is that right? I thought I saw Harmes give Taylor a shove over the bounday line and he took exception to it. Came back and there was a push and shove.

Harmes went down because pendlebury gave him a solid bump after he tapped the ball on.

Unless of course I am mixing up two separate incidents??

8 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Is that right? I thought I saw Harmes give Taylor a shove over the bounday line and he took exception to it. Came back and there was a push and shove.

Harmes went down because pendlebury gave him a solid bump after he tapped the ball on.

That was Bugg.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I'm pretty sure that was Bugg that got smacked by Pendlebury

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Interesting that Gary Pert couldn't see any problem with Grant Hacketts' behaviour on a flight. Probably normal for a Pies interstate trip.

that's not quite what he said chook

he just said (as a witness) he was correcting some misinformation that was being widely spread in the media

20 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Went from $2.00 to $1.80 favourites for next week.

Yeah indeed, but the really strange thing is if you look at the long range odds for rnd 12 v Collingwood (which i checked this morning)....its exactly the same as it was for this round ...Coll 1.45 Melb 2.70?? Go figure!??

Just now, old dee said:

Today I listened to a bit of Robbo on SEN.

How he is the chief football writer at the HUN beggars belief.

Today the only word that comes to mind is "Idiot"

That he is. I remember a few months ago someone was complaining about Robbo sounding drunk, I think when criticizing Hogan. I hadn't ever watched him (only read some articles) so I was pretty sceptical. Went to YouTube, saw the footage in question, and could only conclude that he was a combination of drunk, moronic and uninformed.

I'm still not sure which he was more of.

The guy shouldn't be employed in journalism or anything even tangentially related to it. I can only assume that he is one of these individuals who 'fails up', as bosses continually promote him to make him someone else's problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Choke said:

That he is. I remember a few months ago someone was complaining about Robbo sounding drunk, I think when criticizing Hogan. I hadn't ever watched him (only read some articles) so I was pretty sceptical. Went to YouTube, saw the footage in question, and could only conclude that he was a combination of drunk, moronic and uninformed.

I'm still not sure which he was more of.

The guy shouldn't be employed in journalism or anything even tangentially related to it. I can only assume that he is one of these individuals who 'fails up', as bosses continually promote him to make him someone else's problem.

Mick Malthouse used to treat him with disdain Now I am not a MM fan but on this one he think he was 100% correct.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skuit said:

Two quick questions re. umpiring decisions. The touched off the boot Treloar point that went to the goal review after a marking contest. Is this within the laws of review system? It seems if a field umpire calls touched then it could have an impact on the following contest. And the Frost free on the 3/4 time. Pedo picks up the ball after the free is awarded and is absolutely dumped. Can 50m be awarded to the kicker if a teammate is impinged in the process of returning the ball? Just curious (Read: I was one of those with a chunk of cash on a 39+ win).

I was screaming out for 50

4 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Yep thats what makes the dons loss so bad. Two wins and going the distance against north in their tassie fortress is a good start.

This may have already have been said on the 14 or so pages on this topic, but after the week Collingwood had in the media, they were always going to fire up against us.  No matter how crap they are, yesterday's win is even more meritorious for us, as a result of the scrutiny placed on Collingwood by the media. It would seem the lessons have been learned from the Essendon debacle.  We could have easily have gone into this game with the same mind set.  I feel pretty pumped about the future at present.................... please don't do it again to  me Dees.  Norm, are you listening?

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, old dee said:

Could not agree more OD.  Love or loathe Mike Sheehan, at least he is what a journalist should be.  Slobbo is no more than an oaf, which appeals to bogan element.  Old Alf Brown would be turning in his grave at the thought of Robinson being head football writer.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, old dee said:

It doesn't help when you compare him to his predecessor Mike Sheahan, who is widely respected in Journalism and the AFL world.

I find Robbo to be a headline grabbing fool. His attempts at logic are just hilarious.

In a discussion on SEN last week about Robbo, Neil Balme could barely contain himself, he was basically saying that Robbo would print anything if it would sell papers. Then he realized what he had said and added, that he has done some good work as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimmyNP said:

I can confirm from a mate who played at Collingwood that he is one of the most genuine good guys you can meet and the outside perception of him is totally wrong. All the players loved him there and he was good mates with Swan. 

Of course he is a genuine good guy. That was my point JimmyNP.  But they clearly wanted him gone.