Toumpas v Wines - Oliver v Parish

Cranky Franky

29 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I watched the game.  He had little impact.

I'm not knocking the bloke personally, but he had little influence on the game.  I wish him well at Port, but he was far from good today.

But he wasn't bad either. No "headlight" moments that typified his time at MFC. 

Just now, Baghdad Bob said:

True, although his ability to have little actual impact on the game also typified his time at MFC as well.  If I was a Port fan I'd be slightly disappointed that he couldn't have more of an impact in a weakened team.  Well outside their best 25 at the moment.

19 hours ago, Melbman2 said:

Back to Parish.

I think Essendon are in a really good position with Parish.

Once Viney snaps him in half they'll have two of him. May help their top up situation by one.

We have the opposite problem in regards to Viney. If he goes in too hard, we won't have him at all (rubbed out).

I would like to see Oliver just run straight through Parish when we play them.

Toumpas played a "vanilla" game and had 13 disposals.

In the same game a "no gamer" in Callum Mills (22 possessions/5 marks) showed what a top 5 pick really looks like(if you get lucky).

And what a contrast there was between the two.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ProDee said:

Toumpas played a "vanilla" game and had 13 disposals.

In the same game a "no gamer" in Callum Mills (22 possessions/5 marks) showed what a top 5 pick really looks like(if you get lucky).

And what a contrast there was between the two.

Which is why we bid on Mills in the last draft (though more than happy to have Oliver)!

1 hour ago, The Song Formerly Known As said:

Sigh. 

The kid did actually did ok.

shame that people only want to hear and see our failed draft picks suffer at other clubs.

(scully is a different story) 

Rubbish.  I wish him all the best at his new club, just like Fitzpatrick at Hawthorn.  I called his game as I saw it, and I'm glad you've changed your tune as well - he was ok, at best.

• Like 2

On 24 January 2016 at 7:45 AM, Good Times Grimes said:

A midfield of Gawn-Brayshaw-Petracca-Oliver will give opponents nightmares in a few years. I'm happy with our decision.

Add Viney and Tyson to that list and our future midfield sounds pretty good. 

17 hours ago, ENYAW said:

Oliver will crush Parish if itis a one on one. Doupas shouldn't should never be mentioned in the same sentence as wines. My do the people who run this wbsite censor your comment "to say". A midfield of Spencer ………….. would give MFC supporters nightmares. These comments were not mentioned on the above topic. I commented on Parish v Oliver yesterday seem to have disappeared. Why do comments get censored when there is no vulgar language used yet people can call other silly,you must be drunk etc? Has anyone else had the same sort of prolems,perhaps the moderators can answer the question.

happens all the time

land of the disappearing post

I think we have learnt over the past few years that skinny kids who have good skills at junior level don't always develop well at AFL level which is were we went wrong with Tompes over Wines and went right with Oliver over Parish.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Rubbish.  I wish him all the best at his new club, just like Fitzpatrick at Hawthorn.  I called his game as I saw it, and I'm glad you've changed your tune as well - he was ok, at best.

Instead of attacking the poster attack the the argument. That is where you sadly always go wrong Wiseblood, cause generally your opinions are quite sound.

i saw Toumpas game differently, let's leave it at that. 

Just now, The Song Formerly Known As said:

Instead of attacking the poster attack the the argument. That is where you sadly always go wrong Wiseblood, cause generally your opinions are quite sound.

i saw Toumpas game differently, let's leave it at that. 

I wasn't attacking you at all mate.  I was attacking your argument that my view of his game was based more on my hope that he does poorly at his new club, as opposed to just basing my view on his game as a whole.  I liked Toumpas and was slightly disappointed to see him go, although in the grander scheme of things it was necessary for him to move on.

But yes, we saw it differently and neither of us will be able to convince the other to take the opposite view.

• Like 1

Just now, Wiseblood said:

I wasn't attacking you at all mate.  I was attacking your argument that my view of his game was based more on my hope that he does poorly at his new club, as opposed to just basing my view on his game as a whole.  I liked Toumpas and was slightly disappointed to see him go, although in the grander scheme of things it was necessary for him to move on.

But yes, we saw it differently and neither of us will be able to convince the other to take the opposite view.

Fair call.

Do you think Toump will become a player? I do, although I don't think he will be a world beater but I recon he will have a 150+game career.

1 minute ago, The Song Formerly Known As said:

Fair call.

Do you think Toump will become a player? I do, although I don't think he will be a world beater but I recon he will have a 150+game career.

It's up in the air at the moment.  He has gone to a very strong side that has an excellent midfield already, so I think for him to have a 150+ game career he will need to turn himself into a good half forward or half back.  He isn't in their best 25 at the moment and, while he is handy for their depth, he will need a bit of luck and plenty of hard work to make it.  I hope he can too, but I have my doubts.

13 hours ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Didn't he go well in the NAB with us? Wait for the season proper and the pants will be soiled.

• Like 2