NATIONAL DRAFT PICKS 3 & 7

Lucifers Hero

Hows this for a scenerio..

Lets say we pick Oliver at 3 and all of a sudden Essendon go cold on Parish and he slides out to 7. Would you still select him and go the Oliver/Parish combo with the grunt and class or go for a tall still?

The club clearly see the importance of rapid on field improvement. The fact they traded out next year's first round pick for an extra selection this year proves this.

Its highly likely they will go with an Oliver type at pick 3.

He has a body size thats ready to go and by the looks, will play next year if selected.

I honestly cant see Parish being AFL ready for at least 2 to 3 years.

• Like 1

Lets say we pick Oliver at 3 and all of a sudden Essendon go cold on Parish and he slides out to 7. Would you still select him and go the Oliver/Parish combo with the grunt and class or go for a tall still?

Nope. I'd be banking on Trengove coming good and maybe even Salem moving to the midfield (to join Viney, Tyson, Brayshaw, Jones et al) and taking either Curnow, Weiderman or Mathieson at 7.

The club clearly see the importance of rapid on field improvement. The fact they traded out next year's first round pick for an extra selection this year proves this.

Its highly likely they will go with an Oliver type at pick 3.

He has a body size thats ready to go and by the looks, will play next year if selected.

I honestly cant see Parish being AFL ready for at least 2 to 3 years.

yes, this is probably the main reason why we will likely get Oliver. We didnt trade into the top 7 to get kids we have to wait on to develop

The rise up the ladder must come in 2016, all hands on deck.

Nope. I'd be banking on Trengove coming good and maybe even Salem moving to the midfield (to join Viney, Tyson, Brayshaw, Jones et al) and taking either Curnow, Weiderman or Mathieson at 7.

Then why did you add Mathieson when both Oliver and Parish are clearly better midfielders then Mathieson.

The only thing that bothers me about this is the rare opportunity to pick up a tall-forward-second-ruck in this draft. A competent second ruck who's worth their place in the side as a forward is such a huge asset, and they just don't come along too often

And even in such a shallow draft as this, there's the rare opportunity to get one of 3 good possibilities at 7/10 with Weideman, Harry McKay & even Hipwood if we want to take the punt.

Sure, we've got Max King, but he's much more speculative than those 3, even though he's had 2 years in the system.

Though, as seems to be a theme this draft for a lot of posters, I'd be fine with whoever JT et al go with, even if it's Oliver & Parish. I'm with Josh Mahoney that we have to look at the overall picture rather than any single transaction, and that's what they (JT etc) know & we don't.

We can probably get Oliver at 7, but not Parish. He won't make it past the Bombers.

That's why we should be using pick 3 on a KPP like Weideman and the best mid left at 7.

This could be the last time we get a chance to get a quality KPP draft to help build our forward line with Hogan.

We got the best 2 mids in last years draft and considering the best 2 mids in this year draft are academy players does it really matter if we wait till pick 7 to get the 4th or 5th best midfielder in this year draft?

• Like 2

Coming out today.

Very brave of you to announce it online.Good for you Dazzle.

• Like 6

That's why we should be using pick 3 on a KPP like Weideman and the best mid left at 7.

This could be the last time we get a chance to get a quality KPP draft to help build our forward line with Hogan.

We got the best 2 mids in last years draft and considering the best 2 mids in this year draft are academy players does it really matter if we wait till pick 7 to get the 4th or 5th best midfielder in this year draft?

Or we take best available rather than just plucking out the injury riddled question mark like Weideman with pick 3.

Always, ALWAYS take best available.

• Like 1

I'm sure that the Dee's have a player in mind which is why we traded up to 3 knowing that this player will not be available later in the draft.

Who that player is who the hell knows but I would hope it's a midfielder.

At least we will find out on Tuesday thanks god.

• Like 1

Maybe he could borrow that shirt in your photo Biff!!

It would take more than that to Metro him up.

I'm sure that the Dee's have a player in mind which is why we traded up to 3 knowing that this player will not be available later in the draft.

Its this i keep thinking of. Made sure they got 3...to use on...

Someone who wouldn't be around at 6.

Be clear as rain. ..when we know ;)

Completely agree.

I'm also thinking that they'll take a forward as opposed to Parish with pick 3 - we need a good A grade player to help Hogan, and we all know how frustrating a B grader in Dawes is. Having 2 A grade players up forward sets us up for years to come.

Completely agree.

I'm also thinking that they'll take a forward as opposed to Parish with pick 3 - we need a good A grade player to help Hogan, and we all know how frustrating a B grader in Dawes is. Having 2 A grade players up forward sets us up for years to come.

I know nothing, but I was intrigued that Hogan muttered to the press about drafting someone to play alongside him. Maybe he was stepping out of line, but won't it be embarrasing for him when we don't do what he says? So maybe he was following orders. But then we aren't leaking are we? Confused.....