Watt's going on?

Harry Plopper

If GARLAND leaves so be it,if GARLAND stay his standards will have to lift because of the talent we will have available in 2016. Lets compare Rivers and Frawley to Garland,all three played together at the Demons in the past.Perhaps a triple dead heat ! Rivers went to Geelong basically to cover for Scarlett's retirement and was just average to put it mildly.Frawley was almost the worst performer when the Hawks v West Coast and don't be surprised if he is dropped next week.Incidently we got the better deal by a long shot.If GARLAND stays he may end up like GRIMES, a regular Casey player.I wish him all the best.

In his short stay at Geelong, Rivers was a very handy player. It's plain wrong to say he was "just average to put it mildly". His knee caused a few issues and then gave way to end it all, but he finished 6th in their b&f last year.

They're trying to build a list that is capable of playing finals. Not one team this weekend would let Watts near the field; he doesn't go at the contest and he isn't suited to finals football.

Simple fact is, were he pick 50 he'd have been gone years ago. Doesn't change the fact that Melbourne failed him to a certain degree and the label of pick 1 meant he never stood a chance.

There's a common thread in all the number 1 picks that have actually gone on to greatness (Hodge, Riewoldt, Deledio) and, likewise, a common thread in the ones that haven't (Gibbs, Watts, Scully). Merely possessing promising skills as an 18 year old doesn't necessarily translate to modern AFL; we need to target kids with a burning desire to compete.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 2

Source is a current player (mate) spoke with him at B&F.

Grimes on trade table, Howe 100% gone, Garland likely to go.

Club talking to Melksham / Redden

Grimes on the table is great news, not sure who would want him though.

Howe gone, again great news.

Garland likely to go, it gets better.

No to Jake and yes to Redden.

Any mention of Watts?

They're trying to build a list that is capable of playing finals. Not one team this weekend would let Watts near the field; he doesn't go at the contest and he isn't suited to finals football.

Simple fact is, were he pick 50 he'd have been gone years ago. Doesn't change the fact that Melbourne failed him to a certain degree and the label of pick 1 meant he never stood a chance.

There's a common thread in all the number 1 picks that have actually gone on to greatness (Hodge, Riewoldt, Deledio) and, likewise, a common thread in the ones that haven't (Gibbs, Watts, Scully). Merely possessing promising skills as an 18 year old doesn't necessarily translate to modern AFL; we need to target kids with a burning desire to compete.

an even bigger development issue is cultural environment, & the right hardworking leaders.... without tickets on themselves. ones like Jnr McDonald for an instance should have remained, when other softies should have been traded out for picks.

... edit: the doggies go the system right last year, & in recent times, they traded out old ways value, for young improvements & some mature muscle.

Edited by dee-luded

There will be some that disagree with the de listings and trade deals that our list management team are about to embark on and some who agree with all of them

So long as they are decisions that make the list better for 2016 then they have my blessing

It will always be left to the player that makes the most of his opportunities with the development and coaching levels we have accumulated

Been following this club far too long to be disappointed / surprised at some of those decisions over the years

James Mcdonald left a void in leadership was the last stuff up and i think we have learnt from that

To me the footy season 2016 is just beginning

• Like 1

Licking my lips at the prospect of Garland leaving

We will instantly be a better side without the 4-5 goals he coughs up every week

Is he FA? What would we get, 2nd round ie pick 23ish?

Take it and run Roosy

So when a player you don't want to leave hut does, you post about 300 times about how disgraceful and disloyal they are, acting like a baby that just had it's favourite dummy taken away.

When you are not the players biggest fan, you lick your lips at them leaving and make disgraceful and disloyal posts.

Fair headcase.

• Like 2

Grimes on the table is great news, not sure who would want him though.

Howe gone, again great news.

Garland likely to go, it gets better.

No to Jake and yes to Redden.

Any mention of Watts?

I'd like to see Grimes stay, for one more try. If it doesn't work this time next year, then part ways.

So when a player you don't want to leave hut does, you post about 300 times about how disgraceful and disloyal they are, acting like a baby that just had it's favourite dummy taken away.

When you are not the players biggest fan, you lick your lips at them leaving and make disgraceful and disloyal posts.

Fair headcase.

Yep that's correct

The only way to have my approval is to be both a good player AND a loyal servant to the club

Guilty as charged

Yep that's correct

The only way to have my approval is to be both a good player AND a loyal servant to the club

Guilty as charged

Oh yeah and then we had the case of Davey, a good player and a loyal servant. He held out and got a four year deal.

You labelled him a dog for doing this.

As I said, headcase.

Oh yeah and then we had the case of Davey, a good player and a loyal servant. He held out and got a four year deal.

You labelled him a dog for doing this.

As I said, headcase.

lol you call threatening to leave an act of loyalty eh

there are too many soft supporters like you at this club

you are supposed to back the CLUB not the individuals

My thoughts on him are on the record here. My post had nothing to do with Garland, but as expected, you just don't get it.

Surprise, surprise though, you get upset so you make things up.

it had nothing to do with Garland except for the fact that garland was the one and only thing in discussion

keep supporting the Garlands at this club mate they have served us so well the last decade

Watts played good footy for half year………mmm in a better side he wouldn't get a game along with others.With Watts your'e either a half glass full or a half glass empty person. In his so-called good half of the season,how many votes did he get per match according to the likes of the Herald-Sun ? It would be in Watts and the MFC if they parted ways. We should offer the GC Watts and Howe for Bennell,he should be O.K under Roos and Goodwin.

I tend to think that in a good side he'd look twice the player. His leads wouldn't be ignored as often, passes would be put to his advantage rather than over his head or off to one side and with better ball movement he'd have more room to move in.

Jarrad Grant reminds me a lot of Watts - a good player, but lacks the body strength and sheer intestinal fortitude to ever be anything other than a fringe contributor.

He reminds me of Cale Morton.

I am almost certain Watts will be on our list next year, further that he will continue to cement himself as a top 22 player.

Statistically he has had a good year, even taking into consideration his poor games. He will again finish in our top 10 bnf, which whilst it is not the top 5, it is still a testament to his consistency over the last two years especially.

Finished 18th - behind Salem who played half as many games.

• Like 1