Radio and football racists

Soidee

it just comes down to one point - if you're going to enter the political arena and you act like a prat then you are going to get crucified. Thats whats happened. Yes there are racists jumping on the bandwagon . No doubt . but i object to all being labelled as such

Thing is, if you stand with the racists and do what they're doing, you're lining up with them.

If you fly with the crows you get shot with the crows, and bleating about it won't make you an innocent lamb.

• Like 2

Some countries. No. Most countries Chris. In fact, I've now lived in 14 countries and travelled to over 70. its very hard to give examples of counter with better current race relations and impossible to name one country without racism.

Lets work on getting better but lets not sell ourselves short

The only white person here to experience racism... What a crock. Many of us have lived overseas and witnessed and experienced such racism.

As a white bloke, the worst I experienced was in Australia when people I worked with on a daily basis would express themselves about people and religions from the sub continent unaware my wife was from there. This happened very regularly, people who thought they knew me making disgusting comments because they thought they were with on of their own.

I thought we were an educated, tolerant society till I moved back home and witnessed this regularly.

Those that consider racism to be a minor issue in Australia need to take their heads out of the sand

• Like 2

Munga, on 28 Jul 2015 - 1:32 PM, said:snapback.png

it just comes down to one point - if you're going to enter the political arena and you act like a prat then you are going to get crucified. Thats whats happened. Yes there are racists jumping on the bandwagon . No doubt . but i object to all being labelled as such

But I don't think anyone opposing you here has said that 'all are being labelled as such'. They are arguing that no other player gets booed in the way Goodes has recently. There is no shortage of snipers, divers and sooks around the AFL. They may get booed occasionally, but not like has been happening to Goodes.

So as you finally have said, it is his politics that has caused the current situation. And surely while some opponents of his political activities may not be racists, I'd bet that a lot of them are. Those of us who are not racists should not boo him any more than they boo other snipers etc. If they do, they are giving cover to racists and casting suspicions on their own motives. They should shut up and expose the racists.

BTW, I apologise for my curt response to your rhetorically asking if Lumumba being booed by C'wood fans was racist. I couldn't find words to describe how wrong it was to bring an entirely different sort of situation into this argument. I always booed $cully because he is white.

• Like 2

Starting from when he took a stand against racism?

See that is the problem. You are so insistent that that was the time he started getting booed. You are trying to string a long bow to suit your opinion.

I was booing him long before he stood up against racism. I started booing him when he ran through players and acted as if he had done nothing wrong. I booed him before that, when someone would sneeze on him and he would dive on the ground looking for a free kick. I booed him before that, when he would play the man looking for the easy free kick rather than playing for the ball.

I congratulate him for standing up for racism but there is a mighty, mighty big difference between calling someone a monkey(ape) and booing.

• Like 2

Goodes said his celebration was a show of pride to the visiting team's fans.

"There was nothing untowards to the Carlton supporters. It was actually something for them to stand up and go 'Cool, we see you, we acknowledge you, bring it on'," he said.

Well we see you Goodes, we ackowledge you, bring it on.

BOOOOOOO !

Edited by Fork 'em

Goodes said his celebration was a show of pride to the visiting team's fans.

"There was nothing untowards to the Carlton supporters. It was actually something for them to stand up and go 'Cool, we see you, we acknowledge you, bring it on'," he said.

Well we see you Goodes, we ackowledge you, bring it on.

BOOOOOOO !

Do you reckon your small minded, insular, racist booing is because you were poorly raised by your parents or because they were as simple and racist as you? Edited by Roost It

See that is the problem. You are so insistent that that was the time he started getting booed. You are trying to string a long bow to suit your opinion.

I was booing him long before he stood up against racism. I started booing him when he ran through players and acted as if he had done nothing wrong. I booed him before that, when someone would sneeze on him and he would dive on the ground looking for a free kick. I booed him before that, when he would play the man looking for the easy free kick rather than playing for the ball.

I congratulate him for standing up for racism but there is a mighty, mighty big difference between calling someone a monkey(ape) and booing.

I have never said he wasn't boo'd beforehand, and I don't deny it. What I have said, that you seem to have missed, is that there was a marked increase around the incedent with the girl and when he spoke out about Indigenous issues as Aus of the year. This can't be denied, it happened. The question is why. Unless you have a better answer than that people didn't like what he had to say then come out with it.

I have never said he wasn't boo'd beforehand, and I don't deny it. What I have said, that you seem to have missed, is that there was a marked increase around the incedent with the girl and when he spoke out about Indigenous issues as Aus of the year. This can't be denied, it happened. The question is why. Unless you have a better answer than that people didn't like what he had to say then come out with it.

Based on your opinion.

I didn't really notice.

Playing devils advocate. Who is to say that he got booed just as much before had. He only started reacting more to the booing after these incidents because he felt like he could voice his opinion more.

Based on your opinion.

I didn't really notice.

Playing devils advocate. Who is to say that he got booed just as much before had. He only started reacting more to the booing after these incidents because he felt like he could voice his opinion more.

Plenty of people noticed it, especially after the Australian of the year nod. I haven't imagined it.

yeah, but did you boo him every time he went near the ball for weeks on end? And did large numbers join in with you? That is the difference.

That difference cannot be explained by him being the worst diver/sook etc in the league. It is, as Munga has said, his political activities that causes his treatment to be unique. The most virulent objectors to his politics are racists (though some others may have have non-racist reasons, however hard to believe that is for some of us). The racists are happily using his on-field reputation as a cover for their behaviour.

Those who are not racists should refrain from booing him until this stops or they are giving these goons cover. Is that too much to ask? What a sacrifice - for a few weeks refraining from booing someone for being a sook in the mere objective of showing that footy fans are not racists. But what about my rights to free expression of my hatred of divers I hear some say - talk about being PC!

Edited by sue
  • Like 3

Plenty of people noticed it, especially after the Australian of the year nod. I haven't imagined it.

Not saying you have imagined it. But how did you know it has increased? Via Adam Goodes through the media? Going to every Sydney game before the incidents and then after and then noticing the the amounts of boos increasing?

yeah, but did you boo him every time he went near the ball for weeks on end? And did large numbers join in with you? That is the difference.

That difference cannot be explained by him being the worst diver/sook etc in the league. It is, as Munga has said, his political activities that causes his treatment to be unique. The most virulent objectors to his politics are racists (though some others may have have non-racist reasons, however hard to believe that is for some of us). The racists are happily using his on-field reputation as a cover for their behaviour.

Those who are not racists should refrain from booing him until this stops or they are giving these goons cover. Is that too much to ask? What a sacrifice - for a few weeks refraining from booing someone for being a sook in the mere objective of showing that footy fans are not racists. But what about my rights to free expression of my hatred of divers I hear some say - talk about being PC!

So all the stuff that Lumumba gets from supporters is because his black or has different views from other, or is more outspoken than others.

You can pull out racism, sexism, hatred against religion from any negative acts towards people when seeing only one side of the story. This is called making an assumption. Assuming that people are booing him is because of his indigenous background.

This same rights are some of the most misunderstood rights we have, even though we don't actually legally have that right anyway.

most of the population seem to not realise that with freedom of speech comes responsibility and consequence for what you say. If you line up next to racists and shout with them then you will probably be labelled a racist, and it is my right to do so, but that may also have consequences.

People seem to think it is a free pass to do and say as you please without any recourse from anywhere or anyone.

Goodes, and the PC media are fueling this fire. I don't like the man for being so precious, and boo him. I also booed Stephen Milne for other reasons and Lloyd for his habitual diving . I boo Selwood for being a cheat, Harvey for being a sniper etc etc. PS they are white.

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 4

I asked a lady why she was booing Goodes at the Gabba a couple of weeks ago and I wish I had taped her gibberish-gaa-gaa nonsense response... she didn't have one. idiots, the lot.

I wish Goodes played for Melbourne, all-time great.

"I can't understand why people would boo Goodes, he's a champion ect."... "So therefore it must be racism" So worse players can get booed? Worse, dark-skinned players?

If none of these people can understand why Goodes is being booed then how can they also understand it being racism? I just find endless arguments flawed on this matter.

It's a game, it's a pack mentality from the opposition supporters. Why not put off Goodes, why not put off anyone? Goodes' spotlight in the media is just fuel for fans to put him off his game. Ridicule? Probably. Racism? Not so much (although there's always a few racist supporters at the footy, Swans fans included).

It might be a disappointing look but it's just heckling you get accompanied with a sporting contest. I wouldn't get involved, (unless he's having a shot on goal or something) but either way I can't wait until either the outrage or the booing dies down

Edited by Je Roos Salem
  • Like 1

"I can't understand why people would boo Goodes, he's a champion ect."... "So therefore it must be racism" So worse players can get booed? Worse, dark-skinned players?

If none of these people can understand why Goodes is being booed then how can they also understand it being racism? I just find endless arguments flawed on this matter.

It's a game, it's a pack mentality from the opposition supporters. Why not put off Goodes, why not put off anyone? Goodes' spotlight in the media is just fuel for fans to put him off his game. Ridicule? Probably. Racism? Not so much (although there's always a few racist supporters at the footy, Swans fans included).

It might be a disappointing look but it's just heckling you get accompanied with a sporting contest. I wouldn't get involved, (unless he's having a shot on goal or something) but either way I can't wait until either the outrage or the booing dies down

Goodes gets booed because he stood up for his beliefs and little white folk don't like it when gifted black folk do that,

We remain a nation of poorly educated bogans

• Like 2

Goodes gets booed because he stood up for his beliefs and little white folk don't like it when gifted black folk do that,

That is at least how it started, now everyone has jumped on the bandwagon, not realising what the bandwagon represents.

Goodes, and the PC media are fueling this fire. I don't like the man for being so precious, and boo him. I also booed Stephen Milne for other reasons and Lloyd for his habitual diving . I boo Selwood for being a cheat, Harvey for being a sniper etc etc. PS they are white.

hey be careful the PC brigade might call you racist LOL

race_card.jpg

• Like 4

Could not agree more rostit, on both points. In regard to the latter one only needs to read this thread for proof

I swear at Selwood. His ducking frustrates the hell out of me. I boo Brent Harvey, Scott Brothers, Adam Goodes, all for the same reason, they can give it, but when it gets dished back at them, they all turn around and say "Why me?".. In fact, North Melbourne as a whole tend to run with that mindset.

• Like 1