Changes v Collingwood

P-man

I think we should just concentrate on fast tracking some kids now, and giving Michie a decent run at it.

Use the rest of the year to sort through the chaff, see who it is worth putting time into.

Give White and Hunt a run in the ones. St Kilda played more first year players than we did on the weekend.

We need to unearth some new young talent, step them up and get them in there.

I'd like to see ANB start in the midfield, give Michie a decent run in there.

If need be, rest Jones or drop Tyson. It is most important we fast track some young talent.

Fine line between "fast tracking" and putting a bunch of kids up for slaughter like we have done in the past.

We should play best 22 - we need to change the attitudes and culture at this club and stop using the "oh but their young excuse"

Out Dawes,

In Jamar/Fitzy

Jamar and Gawn should mean we win the ruck and Jamar has shown he can kick goals when forward (and mark - which Dawes cant)

I think we are playing at least one too many young guys - we cant expect Stretch, Harmes, Hogan, ANB etc all to play their roles. The alternatives aren't great though...

Stretch or Harmes could maybe have a rest if Salem is fit.

Edited by Young Dee

I'm a little confused about the hate for Tyson this year. Sure he hasn't had his 2014 year but he is only 22 and still averaging 21 touches a game.

If I remember correctly did he not have an interrupted pre season as well?

Also his goal from the stoppage yesterday was reminiscent of what he did last year... the guy has talent!

... surely we aren't making him a scapegoat already?!

• Like 3

From the bit I saw Hogan was much worse than Dawes,petulant, abusing team mates, and when he had it could generally not kick the ball over a jam tin, I guess people believe what they want to believe, 7 disposals is not a bag, and is miserly compared to Dawes 17 touches, would not be surprised if his lack of effort he found himself at Casey, needs to pull his big head in.

Dawes butchered the ball from his first attempt - killed momentum several times in the first quarter.

Grossly overrated and over paid. (I was once a believer).

He has not played one game this year were he justified his selection the next game.

His in an expensive liability.

If you keep doing the same things why do expect the result to change?

We have seen three weeks on end against bottom sides where we have played exactly the same way with the same group of players.

You do not need to be a rocket scientist to know that it is well and truly time for change.

Out: Dawes, Tyson, Stretch, Harmes, and Vandenberg

In: Mckenzie, Riley, Spencer or Jamar Fitzgerald

Yes the ins are all NGE's but change is necessary to change the mind set

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got !!

I'm a little confused about the hate for Tyson this year. Sure he hasn't had his 2014 year but he is only 22 and still averaging 21 touches a game.

Also his goal from the stoppage yesterday was reminiscent of what he did last year... the guy has talent!

On my part, not hate, but frustration.

I want him to be play smarter - become our Sam Mitchell....first option, every time.

At the moment he grabs the ball and turns into a scrum. Not good enough.

• Like 1

On my part, not hate, but frustration.

I want him to be play smarter - become our Sam Mitchell....first option, every time.

At the moment he grabs the ball and turns into a scrum. Not good enough.

The problem is he doesn't have the players running past or creating the options that Mitchell has.

If he did he'd be better than Mitchell. He gets plenty of it but no one to pass it to.

• Like 5

My biggest concern about playing Dawes & Lumumba is how inept both were against Collingwood last time around. As soon as the booing started Lumumba commenced a 2 hour long panic attack, and Dawes didn't get near the ball all game.

I would drop Stretch and Michie, with Harmes to play as the sub. Vandenberg is saved only by the lack of replacements.

Any of Fitzpatrick, Neil-Bullen, Spencer, Terlich, Toumpas and M.Jones to come in is fine by me.

Michie doesn't deserve to be dropped. HE had 9 disposals, 2 tackles, a mark and a behind in one quarter. There are plenty of other candidates for dropping ahead of him. If anything he should be given a spot in the starting side on those numbers.

• Like 3

P-man can you tell me please where is Dawes natural position?

Dawes' natural position is sitting behind a desk.

Roos needs to put his money where his mouth has been all season. He tells us that he wants players to earn their spots, that it's all about building culture, then he refuses to drop players who are killing us week in week out and in no way earning their place in the side.

Dawes has to go out. Jamar has been terrific at Casey for weeks now and has more than earned his spot in the senior side. That is an obvious change, like for like and will give us more impact in the ruck. THe resting ruck can play FF freeing Hogan to play CHF and use his running capacity to maximum effect.

I love Gus, but he's hit the wall and needs a week off. I say drop him for a round, no game at Casey at all just rest and see if they can't recharge him for the final stretch. Viv Michie gets his spot in the starting side, while one of the better mids from Casey can take the subsititute spot, even if that means Jones, Bail or McKenzie gets the nod. Once again, Roos has to stick to his word and promote the players who have earned a call-up.

• Like 2

Michie doesn't deserve to be dropped. HE had 9 disposals, 2 tackles, a mark and a behind in one quarter. There are plenty of other candidates for dropping ahead of him. If anything he should be given a spot in the starting side on those numbers.

Finally. I just don't get the hate for Michie. He has played 5 games, 3 as sub and been dropped the next week. He has not been given much of a go. And yet people on here expect miracles from a player who has played 10.5 part games. Vanders was poo this week but I have read he "had a virus" or he had a"migraine". JKH is seen as a future star but (IN MY OPINION) he has done very little since his 3 goals in the nab cup against Richmond last year. On the weekend Roos' son got as much as JKH at Casey and he was the 23rd man. Stretch and Brayshaw are just going at the moment and are contributing very little. They both have more game experience than Michie.

Interesting stat from the weekend Michie got more possessions in the last qtr than anyone else on the ground. Give the poor bloke a break and play him a few games in a row.

• Like 8

The problem is he doesn't have the players running past or creating the options that Mitchell has.

If he did he'd be better than Mitchell. He gets plenty of it but no one to pass it to.

Yes and no, ET.

I've seen him have an opportunity several times with loose players around him, but he chooses to create a stoppage.

Quick hands, quick mind.

Finally. I just don't get the hate for Michie. He has played 5 games, 3 as sub and been dropped the next week. He has not been given much of a go. And yet people on here expect miracles from a player who has played 10.5 part games. Vanders was poo this week but I have read he "had a virus" or he had a"migraine". JKH is seen as a future star but (IN MY OPINION) he has done very little since his 3 goals in the nab cup against Richmond last year. On the weekend Roos' son got as much as JKH at Casey and he was the 23rd man. Stretch and Brayshaw are just going at the moment and are contributing very little. They both have more game experience than Michie.

Interesting stat from the weekend Michie got more possessions in the last qtr than anyone else on the ground. Give the poor bloke a break and play him a few games in a row.

I certainly don't hate Michie but he doesn't really have any weapons at AFL level

He is a player who can win a decent amount of the ball, but doesn't do much with it, doesn't break lines and doesn't kick goals

He was fresh when everyone else has slogged away for 90 minutes.

If you dot look good under those conditions you never will.

I dont hate him but I never see anything much from him.

Also stats dont show how effective they were, he obviously had no big effect on the result . I am struggling with all the love for an ordinary player.

• Like 1

I certainly don't hate Michie but he doesn't really have any weapons at AFL level

He is a player who can win a decent amount of the ball, but doesn't do much with it, doesn't break lines and doesn't kick goals

Doesn't make stupid mistakes, doesn't miss easy targets, doesn't flinch and give up an easy contested possession...

Michie is solid. He doesn't do anything to an extraordinary level, but he does everything reasonably well and right now that is a hell of a lot better than most of our list. He is always where he's supposed to be, he works hard, he won't nail a 60m bullet pass but you can trust him to spot an obvious 30-40m pass and hit that player on the chest. Quite frankly, I don't understand how he's been out of the side at all this season.

• Like 2

He is not impacting games 93dee.

Stats are one thing but if your posessions create nothing then they are useless .

This year he has shown little of the 2014 form just a poor midfielder at present who IMo is not earning his spot.

Doesn't make stupid mistakes, doesn't miss easy targets, doesn't flinch and give up an easy contested possession...

Michie is solid. He doesn't do anything to an extraordinary level, but he does everything reasonably well and right now that is a hell of a lot better than most of our list. He is always where he's supposed to be, he works hard, he won't nail a 60m bullet pass but you can trust him to spot an obvious 30-40m pass and hit that player on the chest. Quite frankly, I don't understand how he's been out of the side at all this season.

Hasn't he had trouble with his defensive mindset? I thought he was sent to the VFL to 'work on it'

what about Newton? actually kicks goals, something we [censored] need desperately.

Was thinking the same thing.

Someone with a bit of goal sense.

• Like 1

He is not impacting games 93dee.

Stats are one thing but if your posessions create nothing then they are useless .

This year he has shown little of the 2014 form just a poor midfielder at present who IMo is not earning his spot.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news OD but you will be seeing him for a few more weeks yet. Went to a premium members function pre match at the G and Josh Mahoney mentioned that we need to have a good look at him for a few weeks. Said he is far to good a player at VFL level and we need to see if he can start bringing some of that form into the seniors. Id be expecting to see him in the starting 21 next week. Besides, he was far from our worst yesterday in his 1 qtr.

He was fresh when everyone else has slogged away for 90 minutes.

If you dot look good under those conditions you never will.

I dont hate him but I never see anything much from him.

Also stats dont show how effective they were, he obviously had no big effect on the result . I am struggling with all the love for an ordinary player.

So in the ordinaryist scale of 1-10 (highest best player) where do you rank Michie, MJones, Bail, Riley, Dawes, Grimes ??????

Don't know much but stretch needs to be dropped. I watched him a bit and he just never ran into space to give an option. I know he is a kid but he was s liability yesterday.

And I've stuck up for Dawes but he is just not a footballer. That was a disgusting performance.

• Like 1