Post Match Discussion - Round 15

Demonland

If you're going to quote stats without context it just reinforces my opinion that you haven't actually seen the game.

I'm not defending olisik, but the fact we kicked 7.18 and they kicked 10.9 was a hugely important reason why we lost today.

We weren't great, but we should have led at HT by 4 or 5 goals. Vince's miss running into open goal in the third was also deflating.

• Like 2

So Essendon players were playing off our forwards by 20-30m?

Hurley was able to rebound so easily because he was playing 30m off Hogan? If Hogan is that much of a non threat that his opponent is off him by that much then what is he doing in the Afl?

Read before you write, stupid post.

Hurley was able to rebound because Hogan wasn't farken chasing him and applying pressure.

I agree with most of that. Two weeks in a row I've agreed with Olisik. Hurley was playing off Hogan, but not by 30m (understand you're exaggerating).
  • Like 1

This club can always be relied upon to screw its supporters to the wall then throw excrement and then rub it in our noses.

Round 15.......4 wins, still bottom 4. Lose to a team who are rock bottom, FFS!!

Roos out coached again, this time by Smug Hirdy boy, and Neeld!!!

Hope? There's no effing hope when this type of rubbish is dished up year after year.

Here's a reminder to those supporters who think we are on the improve........4 wins.....round 15

Makes me sick

well... we won 4 last year.. and there is 7 to go... and 3 of them are red hot chances and 3 others some sort of chance.. so let's not get carried away yet

Hogan needs a run in the 2nds. Kid is getting ahead of himself and his lack of effort today was evident. We basically lost this game up forward. Our defence and midfield held their own fine.

Tyson too.

Sometimes a players attitude is just unacceptable.

Edited by Pirlo

While this is up there for our worst loss of the year.... if we look at a bigger picture then there might be some good that comes out of it...

The heat will come off essendon and hird, so they will not be forced to make a decision on him, and hopefully start new contract discussions...

everyone knows essendon will never move forward will hird is still in charge so the longer they delay in the quagmire of indecisiveness (bit like our coaches today) the better...

• Like 1

Amazed at Hogan today...seemed not to be able to find the right position as the ball was coming in..

Frost and Hurley have smashed him in the last month by continually outbodying him. He's only played 10 games though he's the least of our problems.

• Like 1

well... we won 4 last year.. and there is 7 to go... and 3 of them are red hot chances and 3 others some sort of chance.. so let's not get carried away yet

Only on more win, Brisbane possibly. Carlton maybe, but probably not.

Whilst I be been patient in the rebuild of the list etc

Something is a miss with the mental toughness .& be switched on playing @ afl level... Can we question the leadership to ensure they get the team to switched on.. One wanders if players thought it would be easy????

Over this crap we dish up & what is Roosy thinking of 2017... Don't blame him!

• Like 1

I'm not defending olisik, but the fact we kicked 7.18 and they kicked 10.9 was a hugely important reason why we lost today.

We weren't great, but we should have led at HT by 4 or 5 goals. Vince's miss running into open goal in the third was also deflating.

Yes, but the context of that is yes we missed a few easy ones, but we also had A LOT of difficult shots due to the horrible delivery inside 50. Is a snap from the boundary expected to be a high percentage shot?

Context please.

5. There was dysfunction all around the ground. I saw Brayshaw and later Hogan both yell at experienced players on the AFL Members wing. One player (I think it was Brayshaw) yelled at Jones and said, "Use the first [censored] option!"

Not to nitpick your post, which I agree with mostly, but had we won the match this incident would be hailed as 'wow what a great young leader Brayshaw is, showing the seniors the way'.. my point: when you lose you can point at any one thing and call it a negative

• Like 2

Not surprised, it was typical Melbourne. Just expected to win and played selfish, dumb and lazy football. Our forward structure in the first half was appalling. StKilda beat them by running the ball and pressuring the ball carrier. What do we do we play stationary football and kick it long to a cluster of players. We then refuse to man up their sweeper and show no forward pressure at all. By the time we actually played with run and aggression we couldn't actually kick straight. We got close to nothing from our bottom 6.

Roos is a great figurehead and can set the right cultural basics but I am close to concluding that he cannot actually coach.

Just when you think we are out the other side they find a way to pull you back into the darkness.

Edited by big_red_fire_engine
  • Like 2

If you're going to quote stats without context it just reinforces my opinion that you haven't actually seen the game.

What context do you need? 7.18 is farken 7.18

We lost the game in our forward half. Simple as that.

I'm not superstitious but I just don't see the need to call anyone in the AFL a spud from the sanctity of my couch. Must hurt more for those who do when those such termed players inevitably play well against the Dees.

oh shut up please politically correct social justice warrior

• Like 1

No excuses here, players thought they had this game won yesterday & didn't turn up for 2 out of 4 qtrs. The Dons are garbage & today we fell short because of low intensity & Hogan playing crap (although he is a kid & the rest of team should've been able to kick straight & cover him). I reckon a few blokes only woke up in the 4th qtr!!! We found ways to lose this game. Tyson and several others need to lift, too few really working hard both ways in the middle & our youth (apart from Hogan) was solid if not spectacular. Spencer in the team was a mistake today imo, we could've used a Riley type to help win more clearance & take more advantage of Gawn's dominance.

ummmmm...

• Like 2

What context do you need? 7.18 is farken 7.18

We lost the game in our forward half. Simple as that.

Dumb and shallow analysis.

As I've already posted, provide some context to your stats, otherwise it's clear you're a stats watcher not a game watcher.

Did anyone post "relax we've got this"? I felt very uncomfortable about this game during the week. There was too much confidence on D'Land. It mirrored the attitude of the players. We are so good at losing the few games where we actually go in favourites. This has been a problem at Melbourne going back even before Dean Bailey's time. Sometimes I think our players believe the hype that is out there in football opinion world.

Of course Essendon were going to put in a 'backs to the wall' performance its just that we were too pathetic to snuff it out early.

PS why the f*** didn't TMac pass it off to someone who can kick????

• Like 4