• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 10

Demonland

Well done picket fence to acknowledge a player you have often criticised.

Your heart beats true. :rolleyes:

Nup been a Jack Fan for a long time ,but yes, wanted him dropped after last week! Thought him very committed today! The best user of the footy at the club!

Roos was blaming the forwards for Oxleys domination. He said they should have attacked the ball to bring it to ground.

Loose men only take uncontested marks because the ball is kicked to them. Poor hard leading and attack on the ball by the forwards aside from poor delivery.

Fitzy's mistake was embarrassing but FFS players kick the ball through all the time and they never pay that rule. The rule has lost its purpose

Ruled a throw .... Which it was.

• Like 1

I was a big supporter of Watts, spoke to shifter Sheehan before we drafted him, said he was going to be a gun, unfortunately, I believe he is too soft and will amount to nothing as a Melbourne player, sorry to say so, be we will better off when he is traded. His game today was soft, I've had enough.

Viscount I am pulling rank on you as an Earl! I have never been a Watts fan although I recognise the skills he has but doesn't use enough but today he had a real crack he worked well in traffic, tackled and ran into space and managed a crucial tackle that got us a free and he kicked the goal. Yes it wasn't a blinder but I would be more than happy if he did that every week. And why we as a team don't set up to get the ball into his hands more often for the forward 50 entry I don't understand. He can be infuriating but today he played his part.

• Like 6

Liked our run and carry today (in the first 3q's), overused it at times but chain handballing is often better than kicks that go nowhere.

Question: Why was Dunn on Cloke for most of the game? Why did McDonald go forward in the final term? Seemed ridiculous to me.

Most of our guys had pretty good games today, but they all shared in the mistakes. Only real shame in the game was us looking tired and watching Collingwood play kick to kick in the final term. Credit to Viney for playing a great second half after his injury. Our midfield as a whole was pretty good

Glad we at least showed some attack, those patches in the 2nd and 3rd were beautiful. Why aren't we doing that more often? Even against lesser teams we've just plodded along

Watts also played his best game since round 1. It was great to see the boys get around him after he won the free kick and kicked the goal.

• Like 5

I thought Jack Watts was very good today !!

Really liked his intensity and possesions put to advantage! Something we sorely don't have enough of!

His sensational tackle and goal were inspirational !

Well done young man!

Not often I agree with you Picket.

I'm gonna say it again. Viney needs to improve his disposal. It was woeful for the most part today. Love his attack on the footy and despite these errors, he is a vital cog to our midfield. He sets the tone and his hard nosed style places pressure on the opposition.

• Like 5

Liked our run and carry today (in the first 3q's), overused it at times but chain handballing is often better than kicks that go nowhere.

Question: Why was Dunn on Cloke for most of the game? Why did McDonald go forward in the final term? Seemed ridiculous to me.

Most of our guys had pretty good games today, but they all shared in the mistakes. Only real shame in the game was us looking tired and watching Collingwood play kick to kick in the final term. Credit to Viney for playing a great second half after his injury. Our midfield as a whole was pretty good

Glad we at least showed some attack, those patches in the 2nd and 3rd were beautiful. Why aren't we doing that more often? Even against lesser teams we've just plodded along

Dunn actually did an ok job on Cloke from the second quarter onwards. Tommy Mac was being monstered in the first quarter.

• Like 1

Fitzy's mistake was embarrassing but FFS players kick the ball through all the time and they never pay that rule. The rule has lost its purpose

it was payed for a scoop of the ball, ie effectively a throw

not because of deliberate behind

at least that's how i saw it

• Like 1

Disagree with all those blaming Roos for being 'out-coached'.

Teams leave loose men in back halves regularly. Our problem was not that we needed a man to go to Oaxley. Our problem was that we have too many players who refuse to think when the ball is in their hands...

You can't just bang it on the boot when there is a loose man back. That's under 10's stuff. How [censored] hard is it for players to think a little?

We lost the game simply because of a lack of skill and decision making from players throughout our team. That should be obvious to everyone.

Have one glance at the goals Collingwood scored from turnovers.

Fitzpatrick, Dunn, McDonald, Pederson. These players all made unbelievably embarrassing errors. Sure it's forgivable for one or two players to make one blunder a game. But when you have a handful of blokes consistently making terrible decisions and poorly executing them then you know your team is in trouble.

When it's a tense game with a lot of pressure of course there's going to be blokes banging it on the boot.

We're not Hawthorn, we can't just pinpoint guys under pressure at will.

And obviously we don't have a glut of great decision makers.

For those reasons we should never allow a loose man back.

However Roos is now on 360 now saying that the players were supposed to square up the numbers themselves, and didn't do it.

• Like 1

Viscount I am pulling rank on you as an Earl! I have never been a Watts fan although I recognise the skills he has but doesn't use enough but today he had a real crack he worked well in traffic, tackled and ran into space and managed a crucial tackle that got us a free and he kicked the goal. Yes it wasn't a blinder but I would be more than happy if he did that every week. And why we as a team don't set up to get the ball into his hands more often for the forward 50 entry I don't understand. He can be infuriating but today he played his part.

one of his best games, if not best really. He's still not quite where he could be but he seemed involved, he seemed to relish his role and 'that' tackle was brilliant... Bravo Jackie....more of same please. 8/10 for today
  • Like 1

Yep. Add in Kent, Frost, Salem, Tyson. It's not so doom and gloom.

All teams have injuries ET

Those injuries show up our eternal problem bugger all depth.

Once we lose a few better players there is only VFL level to replace them

I'm gonna say it again. Viney needs to improve his disposal. It was woeful for the most part today. Love his attack on the footy and despite these errors, he is a vital cog to our midfield. He sets the tone and his hard nosed style places pressure on the opposition.

Won't be upset if he keeps playing the way he did today. High handball-kick ratio suits him. More worried about softer players who turn it over

• Like 1

that particular faux par and we know which one was a poor decision. He need to kick over the contest where we then had our player ball side, instead !!! :rolleyes: it hard to just pull these type of examples out for discussion but it was avoidable. Hopefully he'll be coached out of these silly f ups as so much of his game is marvellous

Gawn played a brilliant second quarter. He got involved around the ground and won about 6 or 7 tap outs to advantage. He was pretty much unsighted in the last and I needs to take park marks. The good ruckman do. If he could play four quarters to the standard of the second term he'd be one of our most important players, but he's never been able to run out a game.

No doubt Oxley playing loose was a big difference. That and Cloke man handling TMac early.

Gawn was good, but he faded as the game went on. His fitness is the issue I have with him, so today didn't really ease my concerns.

Really happy with the teams game, yes we made mistakes and they hurt, but I was at least feeling better after the game!

In regards to Gawn I have posted a number of times stating that he wouldn't have the fitness to play out the game. But I accept that completely, for what he gives us in the first 3 quarters!! And guess what.. Give him the rest of the season and I bet he'll be able to run the game out.

Ps that was an awful kick by him haha (I was annoyed at whoever hand balled back to him though- your in the middle 10m clear and you handball back to the boundary and to a ruckman)? Silly in my mind.

Go dees!!

McDonald got cleaned up by Cloke that is all. Not that he did much wrong but it was his worst game this season I think. Gee we could have used a few high marks down back that TMac usually does. They had Cloke kicking 7 straight and Oxley marking everything up in our forward line. Those two did us in.

• Like 1