GAME DAY - Round 8

There is a tide in the affairs of men.

Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life

Is bound in shallows and in miseries.

On such a full sea are we now afloat,

And we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures. ~ Brutus, Julius Caesar Act 4, Scene 3 by William Shakespeare

• Like 1

on the pizz a bit early wj,you wont make it to game time

• Like 2

There is a tide in the affairs of men.

Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life

Is bound in shallows and in miseries.

On such a full sea are we now afloat,

And we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures. ~ Brutus, Julius Caesar Act 4, Scene 3 by William Shakespeare

Thank you WJ. All these years, I thought it was time not tide. I guess I have never seem it written before.

Bitters and Moonie are attending today but despite this drawback, I thought I might go in.

Speaking all things Gaius and Brutus- I do hope Bbo enters the arena wearing pants, not toga.

They say every dog has it's day but this is the one they get hit by a truck then put outside in the rain to suffer.

I have consulted the

Omens- the soothsayers- the bookies.

Dees by 13 points.

Edited by Biffen

Have to admit. I'm nervous about this game.

We played the bulldogs twice last year for two close loses. Both games I think we should have beaten them but felt they got lucky.

Since then they have lost a lot of senior players and their coach. Yet they have improved.

The past 3 weeks we have played 3 very good teams and have been smashed each time. We should be able to put up a good fight. But will we?

I fear that we will go into our shells and get belted. If we do cop another belting, serious questions will need to be asked. And I dont think we will like the answers.

• Like 2

I like your post. The reason I like it is because you have 'liked' your own post.

An error of fingering.

But self liking is in.

• Like 1

An error of fingering.

But self liking is in.

"Masturliking"

Bitters and Moonie are attending today but despite this drawback, I thought I might go in.

Speaking all things Gaius and Brutus- I do hope Bbo enters the arena wearing pants, not toga.

They say every dog has it's day but this is the one they get hit by a truck then put outside in the rain to suffer.

I have consulted the

Omens- the soothsayers- the bookies.

Dees by 13 points.

The fungal infection is acting up again so (for the sake of those nearby) I will not wear sandals. It follows then that I shall leave the toga in the "Roman" room at Romsey Manor.

• Like 3

Petrified.

I could handle a tight loss but if we get belted, I'll put the cue in the rack for the year.

This match has a similar feeling to the GWS one at the MCG last season.

• Like 3

Petrified.

I could handle a tight loss but if we get belted, I'll put the cue in the rack for the year.

This match has a similar feeling to the GWS one at the MCG last season.

We promise according to our hopes and perform according to our feàrs..according to some french philosopher....

Lets hopes Dees are full of hope and fearless today.

Edited by on the outer
  • Like 1

I like Vince on the Bont, VB in the guts. If there's any chance we can play with some intensity we are a chance, whilst there's some passengers in the side there's enough talent out there to win if they play as they're instructed to.

If anyone didn't see the Burgoyne tackle last night do yourself a favour. The best thing about was ITS IN THE BLOODY RULES. We are a pathetic tackling side, when an effective tackle is laid the player being tackled should be able to dispose of the ball.

If anyone didn't see the Burgoyne tackle last night do yourself a favour. The best thing about was ITS IN THE BLOODY RULES. We are a pathetic tackling side, when an effective tackle is laid the player being tackled should be able to dispose of the ball.

Honestly, it wasn't that great. It just looked good cause he smashed the ball out of the sydney players hands.

Honestly, it wasn't that great. It just looked good cause he smashed the ball out of the sydney players hands.

Armitage's tackle on Masten yesterday is a better example

He went so hard that Masten couldn't get up again

Unfortunately I think we will be fisted about as hard as a new prisoner sharing a cell with big bad bubba. Not going to be pretty.

I'm usually very pessimistic.. Go into most games preparing for the worst. I have a good feeling about today, had the same feeling for round one. Just think the boys will show something, the outs we have don't help but the been at the G is a help, dogs only play there couple times a year although they won earlier in the year against the tiges which turns out too to be no mean feat.. Big game for us really, the different between been 3-5 or 2-6 is huge just for the clubs moral. Tipping the dees by 11 points

I looked at our side on paper before the Gold Coast and Richmond games and thought "We can win this."

I looked at our side on paper against the Hawks and thought "We will get flogged." (Especially after looking at theirs)

I look at the side now, and still see 6-7 players that find AFL level difficult, putting it nicely. I think we're in for a tough day.

• Like 1