THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

Ha ha ... anyway Chris, Pound is a man of high integrity, morals and ethics. There's not many that I would trust on their word but he is one person I can trust.

It shouldn't be forgotten that he chaired the IOC investigation committee into the IOC corruption/scandal. The new reforms that came into being were from that same committee that he chaired.

• Like 1

My cousin has a physiotherapist that knows people in the industry who were dealing with bombers in 2012. One of the young bombers players was amazed at the time and said that he was absolutely flying and had gone up 2 short sizes at completion of that pre season !

I talked to my osteo who works out of Carlton area asked if he had heard anything and he was adamant that from what he had been told they were cheating .

The Harley Bennell photo . He wasn't snorting anything they just had the drugs there . Who knows what it really was? And I t wasn't his and he didn't take anything .

the bombers are a disgrace

Our work here is almost done!

James Hird’s Bombers on Sunday plunged to their fifth straight defeat in a loss that raises fresh speculation about his own future and the club’s direction.

That losing streak is the worst since his side lost its last seven games of 2012 as Stephen Dank’s catastrophic peptides regime backfired so horribly.

And yet if Essendon was for a time able to shrug off those continuing controversies to thrive, three years of investigations now have this club on its knees.

Our work here is almost done!

James Hird’s Bombers on Sunday plunged to their fifth straight defeat in a loss that raises fresh speculation about his own future and the club’s direction.

That losing streak is the worst since his side lost its last seven games of 2012 as Stephen Dank’s catastrophic peptides regime backfired so horribly.

And yet if Essendon was for a time able to shrug off those continuing controversies to thrive, three years of investigations now have this club on its knees.

But they play us next week.

• Like 1

Interesting drunken rant from Robbo in today's HS. He has jumped off the Hird bandwagon. Says he should resign or be sacked today, and the EssUndone have a crap list.

Interesting drunken rant from Robbo in today's HS. He has jumped off the Hird bandwagon. Says he should resign or be sacked today, and the EssUndone have a crap list.

Such a deep meaningful writer Slobinson is

He is the first to be sacked!!

I reckon hird stays until the wada case is heard , things could unravel if players start speaking out after the loss of the puppet masters apprentice ( Hird ).

• Like 1

I reckon hird stays until the wada case is heard , things could unravel if players start speaking out after the loss of the puppet masters apprentice ( Hird ).

I would be very surprised if they moved on Hird before the CAS verdict is in for several reasons. First, depending on the decision, the task at Essendon becomes a very different one. Two, if CAS finds the players guilty, and ASADA follows it up, as I think they will do with issuance of infraction notices against Hird, the other coaches, and the Administration, then Hird has not fulfilled his contract and almost certainly could be sacked without compensation. Three, in their current position it is highly likely they would find it very difficult to attract quality coaching candidates until the position becomes clearer, and more than anything now, they need an experienced coach of high integrity. Now that would be a change for Essendon!

• Like 2

The Harley Bennell photo . He wasn't snorting anything they just had the drugs there . Who knows what it really was? And I t wasn't his and he didn't take anything .

the bombers are a disgrace

Well, if you go by the Hawthorn excuse for Taylor Duryea that is probably right. The Bennell pic was a prank, the GC spin doctors are not as quick on their feet as the Hawks.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawthorns-taylor-duryea-investigated-over-prank-drug-photo-20150702-gi3x5g.html

Hird won't budge. Will need dynamite to dislodge him. A truck load is on the way though me thinks. Little wont blink yet.

• Like 2

Hird won't budge. Will need dynamite to dislodge him. A truck load is on the way though me thinks. Little wont blink yet.

The longer he stays the worse it will be for the club.

I just hope the remaining players don't decide themselves stuff him, we will draw a line in the sand and come out firing next week.

I suspect that it will be one extreme or the other.

I would be very surprised if they moved on Hird before the CAS verdict is in for several reasons. First, depending on the decision, the task at Essendon becomes a very different one. Two, if CAS finds the players guilty, and ASADA follows it up, as I think they will do with issuance of infraction notices against Hird, the other coaches, and the Administration, then Hird has not fulfilled his contract and almost certainly could be sacked without compensation. Three, in their current position it is highly likely they would find it very difficult to attract quality coaching candidates until the position becomes clearer, and more than anything now, they need an experienced coach of high integrity. Now that would be a change for Essendon!

But the CAS verdict could be well into 2017 at best. If the Bombers keep losing for months (and of course we all hope they do at least for the next match) then it will become impossible to wait for CAS. Also, it may well be that paying out his current contract is not affected by misdeeds that occurred during an earlier contract. We don't know what is in the contract, but EFC may perhaps have difficulty arguing against paying him out even if CAS rules against the players. If so, then sacking him now may be no more costly than waiting for CAS. Not to forget that some further WADA/ASADA action against him rather than just the players may be 'legally' required in any case to avoid a payout. Which is even more delay.

It would be sweet for most Demonlanders if the Demons could put the nail in his coffin this week. But most of us are living in fear for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

What's the big deal about losing a game by 100 points. Hawthorn used to...Fitzroy used to..

This mob think that they have some Divine Right to be in the Eight come hell or high water.

No wonder with such a big supporter base reality is such "sweet sorrow"

• Like 2

What's the big deal about losing a game by 100 points. Hawthorn used to...Fitzroy used to..

This mob think that they have some Divine Right to be in the Eight come hell or high water.

You forgot to say that we used to (or at least I hope it is used to).

Bit nervous Essendon will give us a hiding this weekend.

Only a Melbourne support can be so impassive about 100 point losses.

But the CAS verdict could be well into 2017 at best. If the Bombers keep losing for months (and of course we all hope they do at least for the next match) then it will become impossible to wait for CAS. Also, it may well be that paying out his current contract is not affected by misdeeds that occurred during an earlier contract. We don't know what is in the contract, but EFC may perhaps have difficulty arguing against paying him out even if CAS rules against the players. If so, then sacking him now may be no more costly than waiting for CAS. Not to forget that some further WADA/ASADA action against him rather than just the players may be 'legally' required in any case to avoid a payout. Which is even more delay.

It would be sweet for most Demonlanders if the Demons could put the nail in his coffin this week. But most of us are living in fear for obvious reasons.

The wheels falling off on the field definitely throws a spanner in the works. Essendon have the perfect opportunity to throw Hird under a bus in a big way here. No doubt they won't take it, though.

Wouldn't be great if we repeat or better St Kilda's effort and Hird gets sacked next week. We could take some of the credit. Fanciful thought at this stage but it could happen.

• Like 2

"what did they give the players?" was in response to your non answer to the previous question which was about you asking EFC where the records were. You have provided answers to both, although you may be asked for more info at times. If you truly wish to be understood then you answer these requests, not doing so only makes people sceptical and diminishes any credibility you may have built.

A simple reply to each question posed, even one word may well do the job, and would save all the accusations and confusion over your stance. Not everyone has read every page or remembers every post you have made. Sometimes repeating your self is the best course of action, even if you quote yourself from previously, this shows you are consistent and you have a stance that has been made public.

I don't think it is also as much you upsetting peoples world view, it is the tone in the comments, from both sides, that leads to a complete breakdown in any discussion. The trick is to rise above it and put your case forward clearly and respectfully, no matter what comes the other way. Otherwise you look a little foolish. I know this goes against pretty much everything internet blogs are about, I know I prefer to discuss the issue, not abuse people. Maybe it is just me.

Move on this is tedious

Move on this is tedious

I did, nearly two weeks ago!

• Like 2

Imagine the next coach ( hird is sacked ) having to answer questions about the drug saga . 'We are innocent I wasn't there and we don't know what was given but I know it wasn't anything performance enhancing' .

Wouldn't be too many coaches who would sprout such rubbish that's why Hird will keep his job . He is full of it .

In hird we trust .

Lance Uppercut. I see on bigfooty you are arguing that's it's far fetched to suggest that News Ltd are running a campaign to push the Hird agenda.

If you think that's far fetched, then you don't know much about the world of Murdoch.

(Murdoch himself probably knows nothing and cares less about anything to do with Essendon.)

News constantly run campaigns against organisations and individuals, and it's not alway to do with Murdoch's bottom line. Sometimes it's just because. Take Robert Manne as an instance. Or anyone who crosses them generally.

A million more examples came out in the phone hacking scandal in Britain.

It is entirely believable that News would take up the cudgels on Hird's behalf.

the context for that debate, it's probably worth mentioning, is the proposition that Chip le Grand has forensically researched the topic and provided a metric [censored] ton of actual real information; but that it's not worth reading because it's biased (unlike BigFooty apparently) and fictional; and despite not being a news limited publication, is still toeing the line demanded by Robert Thomson to save his good mate James Hird for some reason, and is nothing more than propoganda as a result

That is also why hird is trying to avoid CAS arbitrators who are olympics affiliated. The olympic athletes cannot believe how much major football codes have got away with when it comes to drugs in sport, and they are gunning for them. As far as they are concerned, Essendon are the worst of the worst, so you would expect IOC affilated arbitrators to come down on the side of the olympic movement.

IMHO that is why Essendon went for Spigelman - he is an eminent jurist, and will at least approach this with an open mind. This is about all they could expect when their attempt to plant their own Essendon supporting former high court judge did not fly. JS will at least provide a balanced view, unlike the AFL Tribunal.

wow, do you sincerely think that a high court judge would be so outrageously unprofessional as to let the football team he supports influence his decision making in such a matter?