THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

afl tribunal (selectively) leaking...........who'd've thunk that?

i also understand some in the media have said they have access to the full detailed findings report of the tribunal on the 34 ess players

when in-house doesn't really mean in-house!

dc this was always going to be the case when you hold the case in secret.

I said months ago that the press would either start leaking info or making scenarios from limited evidence.

Then in the absence of denial they become believable.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stephen-dank-prepared-to-experiment-on-essendon-players-with-a-horse-drug-afl-tribunal-reportedly-told-20150616-ghow72

An extract:-

AFL counsel Renee Enbom reportedly told the tribunal that "Mr Dank sent a text to Mr Alavi asking if AOD and Thymosin can be mixed, and Mr Alavi responded, 'I can test it out.'"

Jones asked if that was "the one about horses" and Enbom confirmed that it was.

She reported the following text exchange between Alavi and Dank:

"Also is there a problem with giving them an anaesthetic in the muscle? I have discovered a new polymer which will provide slow release system while repairing damaged cell walls. Intra muscular injection."

Mr Dank responded: "No problems with that all."

Mr Alavi later wrote: "It's amazing and being used in the US for elite horseracing. I can even put the Thymosin and AOD in it."

Mr Dank: "Perfect. Let's get going."

He then sends another text message: "Have we tried it on anyone yet?"

Mr Alavi responds: "A few dental injections for periodontal sockets but not for sporting."

Mr Alavi later says: "Amazing repair properties."

Mr Dank responds: "Well, let's test a couple of players."

Mr Alavi says: "Sounds good, buddy. Speak soon."

Counsel for AFL and ASADA were pushing for a lifetime ban for Dank, with Enbom saying Dank has "complete disregard for the health and wellbeing of others".

Straight from the 'horses mouth'

• Like 2

648545-e72a14a2-e4da-11e4-a30f-c66423242

Dank's dark deeds documented . . . but players took nothing, oh really??

HERALDSUN 16/6
Tribunal chief says the Bombers ‘swallowed’ Dank’s supplements program
THE secret AFL trial of Stephen Dank has been blown open by the leaking of details of the confidential hearings.
After months of AFL tribunal deliberations over Dank’s role in the Essendon supplements program, the Herald Sun
has obtained
the transcript of last Tuesday’s penalty hearing.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2015/06/15/1227399/212783-hs-file-transcript-2015.pdf

• Like 1

Perhaps Essendon players need to be going to their local vet instead of their GP for medical advice. Or the EFC dispose of Dr Reid and have the players head down to Flemington for check-ups. Cobalt anyone?

they did go to a Doctor/Vet very near Caulfield racecourse.

Whom mysteriously disappeared just before christmas 2013.

Looks like a good source who mysteriously died was actually bang on the money and knew too much.

The racecourse vet was reported once by the HUN during 2013 and then never mentioned again....

Its fortunate that the tribunal members were not comfortably satisfied that players Hird and EFC were responsible for Danks experimental pharmacology and did not have to contemplate any sanction. They can now sanctimoniously pronounce

"Whether he knew or he was wilfully blind, the appropriate sanction is lifetime ineligibility."

Oh well whatever it takes!

• Like 1

they did go to a Doctor/Vet very near Caulfield racecourse.

Whom mysteriously disappeared just before christmas 2013.

Looks like a good source who mysteriously died was actually bang on the money and knew too much.

The racecourse vet was reported once by the HUN during 2013 and then never mentioned again....

Sorry, what?

Lance?? Hello??

I think Tanya, sorry I mean Lance is on the phone to James.

• Like 1

If true, life bans for anyone who so much as knew and said nothing, this is far worse than i imagined

Its kind of what we knew or suspected but it is still a shock. Dank is obviously without remorse. You have to think he is mad, a completely unethical fruit cake. There is also someone else that fits that description. And then there are the players that group of poor innocent unfortunates that no one wants to blame. And folks thought that "Whatever It Takes" was just a slogan when it meant so much more.

• Like 4

Its kind of what we knew or suspected but it is still a shock. Dank is obviously without remorse. You have to think he is mad, a completely unethical fruit cake. There is also someone else that fits that description. And then there are the players that group of poor innocent unfortunates that no one wants to blame. And folks thought that "Whatever It Takes" was just a slogan when it meant so much more.

Who would that be Ernest

Haven't finished reading the transcript, but pages 21 and 22 are particularly damning.

page 35 36 and 37 even more so

• Like 1

I find the leaking of this information intriguing. The Leak has had to of come from the AFL, and perhaps the Tribunal it's self. What purpose would this serve? It taints the whole process more than we already suspected and makes the AFL's processess bereft of integrity. FIFA looks almost saintly in comparison. Maybe Seb can get a gig at the AFL? I can only theorise that some of the people involved in the process aren't very happy with the way this has gone down and are now tipping a bucket on the whole side show. I do love a good conspiracy theory.

• Like 1

I just can't fathom how, since the Tribunal accepted much of what Mr Holmes said in that transcript, that the players themselves weren't sanctioned.

Would that be because they were not comfortably satisfied about players actions but do still need to have a scapegoat?

I just can't fathom how, since the Tribunal accepted much of what Mr Holmes said in that transcript, that the players themselves weren't sanctioned.

And that is why WADA are appealing!

Who would that be Ernest

I am wary of sharp tongued female lawyers OD, they are particularly dangerous creatures. They are adept at suing every Tom, Dick & Harry when they feel or their messianic client feels personally affronted.

The sixty four dollar question Choke