Jump to content

The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan


McQueen

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, leucopogon said:

Don't forget that sides have won flags with key position forwards of the likes of Barry Hall, Quentin Lynch, and Adam Hunter, Chris Dawes, and Travis Cloke. Its all about the midfield and forward 50 pressure.

I guess what I mean is that 'your midfield' refers to a group of 5-10 players (depending on genuine depth) as a collective that make a premiership side. That means any one of them, or the loss of any one of them, is of much less vale than a player like a Hogan.

Ps you forgot Cam Mooney. FMD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

I guess what I mean is that 'your midfield' refers to a group of 5-10 players (depending on genuine depth) as a collective that make a premiership side. That means any one of them, or the loss of any one of them, is of much less vale than a player like a Hogan.

Ps you forgot Cam Mooney. FMD.

I must be missing something...

I actually don't understand the argument on Hall, Lynch,Hunter, Dawes and Cloke.

If anything they actually prove you point ( excepting Dawes and Hunter).

Hall in his premiership year (2005) took a massive 206 marks and kicked 80 goals ! He was AA, and AFLCA player of the year (2nd in their B&F)

Lynch in  his premiership year (2006) took 143 marks and kicked 65 goals ( 7th in their B&F)

Cloke took a whopping 171 marks in his premiership year of 2010 and kicked 38 goals but also kicked 40 behinds 

Hunter still kicked 29 goals in their premiership year but was a swingman at both ends of the ground

Dawes was second fiddle to Cloke and he still kicked 30 goals for the year.

Big power forwards like Hall, Lynch, Jono Brown, Franklin, Roughead  and Hawkins have been instrumental in getting their teams premierships.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the big picture it's a case of simply needing ppl to kick goals. This may or may not include Hogan. I don't really care as long as the TEAM performs.Staying or going, will be what it is.

He'd be silly though to pack his bags and tie his swag elsewhere just as we hit our stride.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, nutbean said:

I must be missing something...

I actually don't understand the argument on Hall, Lynch,Hunter, Dawes and Cloke.

If anything they actually prove you point ( excepting Dawes and Hunter).

Hall in his premiership year (2005) took a massive 206 marks and kicked 80 goals ! He was AA, and AFLCA player of the year (2nd in their B&F)

Lynch in  his premiership year (2006) took 143 marks and kicked 65 goals ( 7th in their B&F)

Cloke took a whopping 171 marks in his premiership year of 2010 and kicked 38 goals but also kicked 40 behinds 

Hunter still kicked 29 goals in their premiership year but was a swingman at both ends of the ground

Dawes was second fiddle to Cloke and he still kicked 30 goals for the year.

Big power forwards like Hall, Lynch, Jono Brown, Franklin, Roughead  and Hawkins have been instrumental in getting their teams premierships.

 

This is highly underrated, Hunter virtually played CHB for the whole season and kicked 29 goals.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you block a thread????

I don't think I can stand this for the next 1 and a1/2 years.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Bossdog said:

Can you block a thread????

I don't think I can stand this for the next 1 and a1/2 years.

Pretty sure it won't be 1.5 years. Think we will have a result in the next few months.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Roos was on SEN this morning and was naturally asked about Hogan. He trotted out the club line that both parties thought it was best to put discussions on hold until the end of the season. Francis Leach picked him up on the "both parties thought it was best", and Roos came out with the standard, "he's contracted till the end of 2017, he loves it at Melbourne and the players love him".

If it was about money and length of contract, that could easily be made public and answered with "the club and Jessie's management need to sought these things out at seasons' end". It's clearly not just about money, and the CBA argument is garbage.

What I don't understand is why WCE have never been mentioned if it's a go-home factor? Every club would bend over backwards to make room for a potentially elite player. It could become another Buddy/GWS scenario.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Roos was on SEN this morning and was naturally asked about Hogan. He trotted out the club line that both parties thought it was best to put discussions on hold until the end of the season. Francis Leach picked him up on the "both parties thought it was best", and Roos came out with the standard, "he's contracted till the end of 2017, he loves it at Melbourne and the players love him".

If it was about money and length of contract, that could easily be made public and answered with "the club and Jessie's management need to sought these things out at seasons' end". It's clearly not just about money, and the CBA argument is garbage.

What I don't understand is why WCE have never been mentioned if it's a go-home factor? Every club would bend over backwards to make room for a potentially elite player. It could become another Buddy/GWS scenario.

 

 

exactly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2016 at 2:15 PM, Redleg said:

I just get the feeling that we are very comfortable with this situation and they clearly know a lot more, than we all know.

 

Definitely! I don't believe he would have entered negotiations to start with if he was tempted to leave. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Peter Griffen said:

He did, they were talking about a new deal over the pre season. 

Not sure about that. Melbourne definitely wanted to start negotiations, but Hogan's management deferred.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Roos was on SEN this morning and was naturally asked about Hogan. He trotted out the club line that both parties thought it was best to put discussions on hold until the end of the season. Francis Leach picked him up on the "both parties thought it was best", and Roos came out with the standard, "he's contracted till the end of 2017, he loves it at Melbourne and the players love him".

If it was about money and length of contract, that could easily be made public and answered with "the club and Jessie's management need to sought these things out at seasons' end". It's clearly not just about money, and the CBA argument is garbage.

What I don't understand is why WCE have never been mentioned if it's a go-home factor? Every club would bend over backwards to make room for a potentially elite player. It could become another Buddy/GWS scenario.

 

 

In addition...

If Roos believed he was going he'd fattening Hogan up for a trade by trotting out the lines like:

'He's the best young player in the league...'

'A required player...'

'Very special, once in a generation talent...'

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2016 at 2:36 PM, mo64 said:

Not sure about that. Melbourne definitely wanted to start negotiations, but Hogan's management deferred.

agree to disagree i think. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I repeat my plea to the mods:  Can we please have a thread  labelled something like "Hogan - will he re-sign" and another where we can discuss everything else about him.  So we don't have to wade through all this speculation if we just want to know/discuss other things about him.  Pretty please.....

Edited by sue
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2016 at 4:11 PM, Members' Wing said:

I like you as a poster Peter but that's incredibly naive if you think that it wasn't the club's preference to have Hogan tied down by now.

I'm sure it was the clubs preference, that doesn't mean that talks didn't start and Hogan and his manager decided to put them on hold after.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, it's time to preserve what's left of this once-great thread and resurrect the good vibes that permeated it at the beginning.

All contract talk should go in the Jesse Hogan Panic Room, a new thread where you can convince yourself and others that's he's staying or going based on facial expressions, astrology & tarot card readings, conversations with taxi drivers and media beat-ups.

Please leave this thread for footy talk and all non-contract-related discussion.

 

C9RH1aE.jpg?1

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    THE BLOW by Whispering Jack

    Narrm’s finals prospects took a crushing blow after the team’s insipid performance at Optus Stadium against a confident Waaljit Marawar in the first of its Doug Nicholls Round outings for 2024.  I use the description “crushing blow” advisedly because, although the season is not yet at it’s halfway mark, the Demons have now failed abysmally in two of their games against teams currently occupying bottom eight places on the ladder.  The manner in which these losing games were played out w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 6

    HALF FULL by KC from Casey

    It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 218

    PODCAST: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 20th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons disaapoiting performance against the Eagles at Optus Stadium in Round 10. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 42

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 445

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

    WARNING by William from Waalitj

    As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 22

    OVER YET? by KC from Casey

    The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...