When will Melbourne break these embarrassing records?

praha

We’re on fox sorts. Still not over and want to keep watching and reliving it. I’m exhausted but can’t even phantom sleep. Never seen my dad (or my uncle for that matter.)

He said he never once thought that I was ever, “less devoted” as my brothers being a girl. He told me how happy he was there to share it with him. This has been one of the closest moments ever for us. Mum would have been proud.

Thank you so much boys. Love you so much 🥰 

• Like 5
  • Love 10

18 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

We’re on fox sorts. Still not over and want to keep watching and reliving it. I’m exhausted but can’t even phantom sleep. Never seen my dad (or my uncle for that matter.)

He said he never once thought that I was ever, “less devoted” as my brothers being a girl. He told me how happy he was there to share it with him. This has been one of the closest moments ever for us. Mum would have been proud.

Thank you so much boys. Love you so much 🥰 

Liking 10 times as flaw in forum software only allows one like

• Like 4

I hope the next premiership is not 57 years away because I wont live to see it.

I have had the great pleasure to see 7 flags in the time I have followed the team from 1952 and this team is not just good but great and hopefully they will do what the Melbourne teams of the 1950's and 1960's did to play in the finals for 11 years from 1954 to 1964 and win multiple premierships.

It was fitting that they won on the ground were in 2018 their premiership hopes were dashed.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, durango said:

I hope the next premiership is not 57 years away because I wont live to see it.

I have had the great pleasure to see 7 flags in the time I have followed the team from 1952 and this team is not just good but great and hopefully they will do what the Melbourne teams of the 1950's and 1960's did to play in the finals for 11 years from 1954 to 1964 and win multiple premierships.

It was fitting that they won on the ground were in 2018 their premiership hopes were dashed.

Don't worry next year isn't far away

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wrecker46 said:

We have one emabaressing record remaining. We haven't won a grand final at the MCG since 1964.

Some people are never satisfied 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

Some people are never satisfied 

If you think I wasn't taking the P!ss, you missed my point.

Yesterday and even today are some of the most enjoyable moments I can remember barracking for the dees.

Hoping we win a premiership at the G but that one in Perth was a drought breaker for us members and fans.The best game I have seen in my life.

We haven't won one at the G but we will.

So happy to be a Melbourne supporter at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I haven't fact checked this, but happy to stand corrected if I have been misled... apparently no premiership team in VFL/AFL history has ever played a single game together after they have won the premiership.  Could we be the first?

• Like 3

love that we've finally crept off 12 flags up to 13.. only a few more and we will be back to the top of the tree.. THEN i will get a MFC neck tattoo. well, maybe not a neck tattoo.. but i'll work out something.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

love that we've finally crept off 12 flags up to 13.. only a few more and we will be back to the top of the tree.. THEN i will get a MFC neck tattoo. well, maybe not a neck tattoo.. but i'll work out something.

That 13 truly was an unlucky number for us. But it’s done now

• Like 1

3.9 million* people watched the game on TV. Surely that's the biggest audience Melboure has ever played in front of.

*Excluding the billions of overseas viewers that the AFL used to claim would watch the Grand Final because it was being shown in markets with total population in the billions, but with a likely viewing audience of, perhaps, thousands.

This may be in one of the other 3.2 million threads started on Demonland in the last 36 hours, but is our total winning margin of 190 in the three finals a VFL/AFL record?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Here's a random one... the Dee's have never lost a game while I have been in WA....

Year 2000 was in WA last round of H&A (WCE in Perth - Bluey McKennas final game) through to the prelim... I flew back to Melbourne for the Gf!!! 

2021 was in WA from the final H&A game and Flew from Broome to Perth for the GF (watched the Prelim in Derby after doing the Gibb River Road)   

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Kinda like this thread cos it reminds me of our journey. 

Win at Etihad, 

Beat North etc etc 

and the cautious optimism we shared as each mission was completed. 

❤️💙 🏆💙❤️

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

Nice to not be on these lists. 

image.png

It's a shame the Suns are there (maybe they can have a late-season win when we're 3 or 4 games clear on top): a '9' with 'Geelong' next to it, in about 2024, will be nice...

• Like 2

Interested to know at what stage of the season did everyone "know" that we were the real deal, and were a serious shot at a flag.

Would have to go back through my own history, but I reckon I had us as premiership favorites maybe 6 rounds prior to end of regular season.

As a 40+ year negative nancy, that was a bloody good feeling.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Interested to know at what stage of the season did everyone "know" that we were the real deal, and were a serious shot at a flag.

Would have to go back through my own history, but I reckon I had us as premiership favorites maybe 6 rounds prior to end of regular season.

As a 40+ year negative nancy, that was a bloody good feeling.

when we convincingly beat richmond early in the season on a wet night i really felt there was something special brewing

• Like 5
  • Love 1