Changes for Round 2

Nasher

If Garland isn't well, pretty easy for my liking.

Out: Toumpas, Garland

In: Vince, Dawes

Sub: Brayshaw.

Vince can be subbed off for Brayshaw the moment he shows a lack of match fitness.

Edited by Lamashtu

Don't care how well he played, I'd drop Jetta for that atrocious act in the last quarter - simply put, it's just not on. Even the commentators went a bit quiet on it. And it probably cost us a goal...

You are definitely not Saty's second Land account...

• Like 2

Don't care how well he played, I'd drop Jetta for that atrocious act in the last quarter - simply put, it's just not on. Even the commentators went a bit quiet on it. And it probably cost us a goal...

yer...nah

When you get knocked over going for the ball, don't just lie on the ground pretending to be stunned and hoping like hell for a free kick! As it was, the Gold Coast player just handballed over a prone Jetta for an easy goal...a moment or two later, he got up looking a little sheepish...

When you get knocked over going for the ball, don't just lie on the ground pretending to be stunned and hoping like hell for a free kick! As it was, the Gold Coast player just handballed over a prone Jetta for an easy goal...a moment or two later, he got up looking a little sheepish...

He did get smacked in the face pretty hard, from memory. He might have played it up, but also may not have. So long as it doesn't become a regular thing I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Definitely wouldn't drop him for it.

• Like 8

So I am reading that Garland may be in doubt with ?injury, which would make the choice re Dawes a lot easier.

Vince for the sub, Toump is a fairly obvious one unless there are other injuries we don't know about.

But if Garland is fit then the choice re Dawes is really difficult ?Kent????

Problem with dropping Kent or JKH for Dawes is Frost.

He was playing forward so if Dawes comes in we can't really have Dawes, Hogan, Watts, Frost up forward.

The backline has Garland, Mcdonald, Dunn, HL and Howe (Frost could maybe squeeze in there depending on GWS line-up)

Really want to see Dawes and Vince come in

Edited by Young Dee

Yeah, terrific idea. Let's compromise our whole defensive set up, just to discipline an integral part of it for a moment's madness. I didn't notice it, but if it was as bad as you say, then I'm sure Roos will handle the situaion in the way he sees most fit and more importantly, in a way that will not disadvantage the whole team.

• Like 3

He did get smacked in the face pretty hard, from memory. He might have played it up, but also may not have. So long as it doesn't become a regular thing I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Definitely wouldn't drop him for it.

Yer I remember that - didn't get a free kick. Jetta is one of the toughest/bravest players on our list.

• Like 4

Does frost go out for Dawes? Gws don't have any gorillas so he won't be needed down back.

Toump for vince is a certainty for me.

I hope brayshaw plays most of the game and jkh is sub

In: Vince, Dawes

Out: Toumpas, Frost

I advocated keeping Toumpas previously, but I can't see who else could go out on that performance. Despite the fumble I still think he's stiff.

Frost for Dawes only on team balance only. It has to be a tall and there are no other candidates. Don't know who rucks for 5 mins per quarter though. Hogan?

I don't think we lose Frost, because he has such versatility. Agree with Vince for Toumpas though. I'd be swapping Dawes for JKH. Doesn't do anything for balance, but JKH needs to work on a couple of those errors. He does have the propensity for terrific awareness, which he did illustrate a couple of times on Saturday, but he also did the wrong thing defensively a number of times.

Frost doesn't go out. He is our only other ruck option. Let's just leave that there, and start discussing others who may go out for Dawes.

Besides the fact that Roos highlighted his pace and ability to apply tackling pressure to the opposition. Dropping Frost isn't going to happen.

• Like 3

In : Vince, Dawes

Out Toumpas Kent

To complete the balanced side. Frost goes To the bench.

Vince and Lumumba share the wing and HBF

Dawes and Hogan swap FF & CHF

Salem to go to HFF

I agree. And I would make JKH Sub.

It is certainly a considerably stronger, better balance side, but if it is wet like this weekend in Sydney, I would leave out Dawes and keep Kent. It would not surprise me though if Roos made the one change of Vince for Toumpas. Roos has a tendency of not changing winning sides, and he may wish to make an additional point to CD about on-field discipline.

• Like 2

I hadn't really considered dropping Brayshaw because I thought his endeavour was amazing but if we are satisfied we can cover him in the middle with others, he could go for Dawes letting Kent and JKH stay.

I think one of the small forwards would have to be sub though because with Toumpas out, it is going to be Brayshaw.

Yep, Brayshaw out. He's played 4 games in a row, showed he's going to be a gun, manage his game time by missing this week when it's a tough call to drop anybody.
  • Like 1

Roos likes AFL bodies,,,men over boys. Can't keep Vince and Dawes out of the team. Vince was third in b&f last year.

I would drop JKH and Brayshaw for Vince and Dawes.

Jack watts can be moved further up the ground. Watts plays like a small so therefore the team doesn't seen top heavy.

Keep toumpas for another week. Was poor this week but needs game time

• Like 1

Yep, Brayshaw out. He's played 4 games in a row, showed he's going to be a gun, manage his game time by missing this week when it's a tough call to drop anybody.

That's the last thing I'd do. Brayshaw lay 9 tackles in 3 quarters and made us a better team. There's no way I'd drop him. I'm not really into messages, but that would definitely send the wrong one.

That one game and experience was worth 5 VFL games.

• Like 8