Garlett

Lamumba

Jones

Watts

Dawes

Frost

Van Der Berg

THE BAD

Insert here ( same ol mistakes from the same old players!

THE UGLY

WE WERE BEATEN BY ESSENDONS 3RDs!

Insert here!!!

And of course if I mention 1 or 2 perennial Non achievers you will all know who is Shizen

Fill in blank!

ADD SOME SECOND RATE EFFORTS AND YOU HAVE MELBOURNE???? FC CIRCA 1970-71

AGAIN LACK OF FOOTY SMARTS!

Feel free to add!

Edited by picket fence

I like Toump but I have NFI what everyone saw in him. Why have so many other players in that draft just instantly clicked into place yet he needs a third year of development at Casey?

I totally understand that for a pick in the 50s or 60s but pick 4?! I can't get my head around it. It's like someone formatted his footy instincts the night he was drafted.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 3

Good - the new recruits and draftess continue to impress... Garlett, Lumumba Vandenberg

Bad - it will take at least another trade/draft period to make us a good team as we still carry a lot of dead wood

Ugly - foot skills and decision making is still horrendous and possibly worse than VFL standard

• Like 3

I like Toump but I have NFI what everyone saw in him. Why have so many other players in that draft just instantly clicked into place yet he needs a third year of development at Casey?

I totally understand that for a pick in the 50s or 60s but pick 4?! I can't get my head around it. It's like someone formatted his footy instincts the night he was drafted.

Apparently he was carving up the SANFL.

I don't rate that comp at all....

• Like 2

Yeah, at the time of the draft I didn't see the hype. I watched the nationals and didn't see him as top line player.

That being said, I do think he can be an important player for the club, he just has a lot of weaknesses to work on atm.

Did Tyson have the worst 27 touch game ever?

The bloke's disposal has been D grade this pre season.

Most of his work was in tight and not that bad.

One thing that makes me cringe though is team mates giving him the ball when he is not on his favoured left, this happens a bit too much.

Jack Grimes had 100% DE tonight by the way if anyones interested. The only problem I have with Jack at the moment is his strength or lack of at the contest, he can get pushed off too easily.

Good:

No injuries

The draftees, especially HL and Garlett

Roos' press conference

Casey play tomorrow

Bad:

Still a long way to go

Matt Jones still can't tackle without giving away an in-the-back.

As Roos' said, too much "me" and not enough "team"

Most of his work was in tight and not that bad.

One thing that makes me cringe though is team mates giving him the ball when he is not on his favoured left, this happens a bit too much.

Jack Grimes had 100% DE tonight by the way if anyones interested. The only problem I have with Jack at the moment is his strength or lack of at the contest, he can get pushed off too easily.

If you take out that kick in howler from the Freo game, he has actually been pretty good. His disposal has not been anywhere near as bad as a lot on here make out.

I wonder how many slow players we can have in the team at one time though.

Because as usual we went the skinny kid with "skills" instead of the competitive beast.

[censored] recruiters will never learn.

• Like 2

Good

Watt's goal to shut up the bloke behind me

Jeffy showing a lot of danger up forward

The way McDonald more often than not controlled the backline

Salem's development

Bad

Max Gawn had a quarter to forget

Not having a closer check on Zaha, Goddard and Chappy

Kicks inside 50's - can someone tell me if our forwards aren't leading right or if our kicking into 50 become exponentially more shocking

Ugly

What we are going to cop as supporters.

Toumpas debate - He was a lock as a top 3 pick all year. Stood out at the carnival (until his foot) and was great in the SANFL. He showed much more than Wines or McCrae during that year and bar Whitfield, he was the standout mid. He hasn't come along yet but its only early. There are still a lot of years in his legs, but I wish he had better closing speed and for a good kick - he has some shockers at time. If it is Casey - its Casey this year, but I don't think we should give up on him yet. Worst case, he plays 100 games for us and we get him breeding.

• Like 1

The Good... we wore our proper jumper..

Rest doesn't bear speaking any more