• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Intra Club - Thursday 19 February 2015 at Casey Fields @ 3pm

Demonland

I am the anti stretch

The stretch mark isn't something I will see only at a dees game.

Salem off half back hitting up leading targets is the right move

Hopefully this means Jeremy Howe goes back to the forward line

Getting excited at the idea of Frost, Lumumba, T Mac and Salem charging off the half backline and pumping it forward to Hogan, Howe, and Dawes

• Like 3

Well said BB, Matt Jones Terlich, McKenzie, Bail were solid today, stand outs for me today were Salem, Cross, Garlett , Nathan Jones - pleasant surprises Billy Stretch and Frost

Agree Dawes was still double grabbing disappointingly, although he managed to hold on with the second

Gawn and Spencer were about on par today, not the day for big men, about the only one still going full steam at the end was Pedersen

Vandenberg didn't play because his shoulder needs one more week, Watts because of his groin, White his toe, Vince and Howie with hammy and Jack Fitzpatrick with back related issue (I think), Hunt same still working to full fitness

Had a chat to Petracca, he is fine, just wants to stay involved, more pleased with his tweet referencing a 'computer'/console game, and JB HiFi coughed up 20 new ones, said he might mention he wouldn't mind a Mercedes in a tweet

Howie is getting frustrated, the fitness/medical staff are holding him back, he hasn't been given a return to aim at, just has to follow day by day, understands the caution though, Bernice Vince redoing his didn't help

If Terlich was on Garlett, alarm bells would be ringing!!

Garlett very good opportunistic crumber/goalsneak.

I think that if this is so I wouldn't think Terlich would be the answer in holding down an oppositions best small forward!

Edited by picket fence

If Terlich was on Garlett, alarm bells would be ringing!!

Garlett very good opportunistic crumber/goalsneak.

I think that if this is so I wouldn't think Terlich would be the answer in holding down an oppositions best small forward!

Don't we already have Jetta for that role? Terlich is clearly depth.

Salem off half back hitting up leading targets is the right move

Hopefully this means Jeremy Howe goes back to the forward line

Getting excited at the idea of Frost, Lumumba, T Mac and Salem charging off the half backline and pumping it forward to Hogan, Howe, and Dawes

Howe will be a lot more effective this year if the umpires stick by their plan to pay kicks against players who move off their line to block in a marking contest. He has been getting killed by poor umpiring.

• Like 1

The training posts have been fantastic. Very high quality and useful insights without the ego of the reporter intruding. Pity some of you are not footy journalists...no, probably not otherwise your reputation and integrity would go out the window. So like so many others, your posts are really the best thing about this site. We are learning a lot about how individual players are developing and what our options are likely to be. It is not surprising to read the comments on our "old players." Nothing much seems to have changed. I think for some of those players this season may be their last gasp. Our improvement as a team is clearly going to come from the inclusion of our new recruits such as Lumumba & Garlett together with the likes of Salem, Toumpas, Frost etc, No doubt we have greater depth so we should expect improvement, however, I suspect that it is not going to be exponential. Time will tell, however, my mindset is that we will see gradual improvement this year which hopefully provides a foundation for the next 5 years. Unlike the top teams we still do not have a nucleus of star players or match winners. Hopefully we will develop those players as wins and confidence come but it is going to take time. But as Old Dee has previously stated we are dancing with our sister until the real deal starts. Lets temper our expectations.

• Like 4

The training posts have been fantastic. Very high quality and useful insights without the ego of the reporter intruding. Pity some of you are not footy journalists...no, probably not otherwise your reputation and integrity would go out the window. So like so many others, your posts are really the best thing about this site. We are learning a lot about how individual players are developing and what our options are likely to be. It is not surprising to read the comments on our "old players." Nothing much seems to have changed. I think for some of those players this season may be their last gasp. Our improvement as a team is clearly going to come from the inclusion of our new recruits such as Lumumba & Garlett together with the likes of Salem, Toumpas, Frost etc, No doubt we have greater depth so we should expect improvement, however, I suspect that it is not going to be exponential. Time will tell, however, my mindset is that we will see gradual improvement this year which hopefully provides a foundation for the next 5 years. Unlike the top teams we still do not have a nucleus of star players or match winners. Hopefully we will develop those players as wins and confidence come but it is going to take time. But as Old Dee has previously stated we are dancing with our sister until the real deal starts. Lets temper our expectations.

I think this is right. When the bottom 8-12 of our 22 are replaced with better players there is potential to improve fairly quickly, depending on how much better the replacements are.

There has been so much talk about what is wrong with the footy team, but for me it get's much of it gets back to [censored]-poor recruiting, [censored]-poor development and in turn a [censored]-poor list.

• Like 1

Nice to see the reports with some skill off half back but I'd be interested to see how Salem goes defending across half back as well. I recall earlier reports stating he has been working with Rawlings on body contests here is hoping he can compete well.

• Like 1

Hmmm... Just putting thoughts on paper...

FB: Jetta Dunn Garland

B: Lamumba McDonald Salem

C: Vince Viney Kent

F: Howe Dawes Watts

FF: Garlett Hogan JKH

Foll: Jamar Jones Tyson

R: Gawn Toumpas Bail Newton/Michie/Grimes

Not sure why you would have ommitted Frost, although I conceded that the backline is already looking pretty good? I also think that Cross should be given consideration before Bail. Otherwise it is starting to look ok [and will look better again when we get Petracca].

Edited by CBDees

I think Garlett is a great pick up because his best attributes are exactly what we have been lacking in the forward line in recent years - raw pace, class and the ability to kick opportunistic goals. Last year we had to work so hard for every goal and at times we just needed that easy goal to release the pressure.

I wouldn't focus too much on an intra-club game, though. This is exactly the type of game where someone with Garlett's attributes would naturally shine - quick deck, lots of space, little pressure, etc.

So while I do think he's a very good acquisition the true test will come on a miserable day at the G against some nasty little back pocket player who won't give him a moment's rest.

• Like 9

Not sure why you would have ommitted Frost, although I conceded that the backline is already looking pretty good? I also think that Cross should be given consideration before Bail. Otherwise it is starting to look ok [and will look better again when we get Petracca].

Just a case with who do you leave out with Frost.. It depends on the opposition I guess but with Dunn and McDonald we don't really need another tall and Garland has shown he can play on both.

Fair call on Cross, wouldn't argue with that.

I think Garlett is a great pick up because his best attributes are exactly what we have been lacking in the forward line in recent years - raw pace, class and the ability to kick opportunistic goals. Last year we had to work so hard for every goal and at times we just needed that easy goal to release the pressure.

Really well summed up Scoop. How often have we simply needed that one goal to get ourselves back into the game or to create a little space and we just couldn't find it? It's been frustrating to watch us struggle for that goal only to watch the other side pull one out of their back pocket. My fingers are crossed that Garlett brings some of that magic to our forward line week in, week out for the next few years.

• Like 1

The secret to Garlett's success, as Nev Jetta so succinctly put it to me, the [censored] [censored] is always on the move

To answer the Terlich question, he wasn't on Garlett, and yes he had a solid game for a first hit out, as BB said in the beginning, nobody was horrible so it bodes wekk fir competition for places

The secret to Garlett's success, as Nev Jetta so succinctly put it to me, the [censored] [censored] is always on the move

To answer the Terlich question, he wasn't on Garlett, and yes he had a solid game for a first hit out, as BB said in the beginning, nobody was horrible so it bodes wekk fir competition for places

Gday Sat,

Who played on Jeffy? Was it a Scorps player or someone on the list?

Did Terlich play in the pocket or was he roaming up the ground a bit? I think I am one of few who likes Terls, hard as a cats scone and tries to take the game on but I don't think he is quite there now that Jetta, Salem and probably HL will be played there this year.

Gday Sat,

Who played on Jeffy? Was it a Scorps player or someone on the list?

Did Terlich play in the pocket or was he roaming up the ground a bit? I think I am one of few who likes Terls, hard as a cats scone and tries to take the game on but I don't think he is quite there now that Jetta, Salem and probably HL will be played there this year.

I would love to see Terlich as a tagger, but Roos tends not to use them, he was playing just in front of the key defenders taking the midfielders as they came down, and then taking the ball away if it was turned over

Jeffy tended to drop back onto the wing and then come forward, making it difficult for somebody to pick him up, see my Nev Jetta comment