2015 Contracts Thread

rpfc

Pederson has signed on for next year.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-09-24/pedersen-signs-on-for-2016

Guess they'll see how he goes. Hopefully can pickup a young versatile tall in the meantime.

Just a good decision, handy depth, only one year. Shame that I am impressed by such a routine decision but there you go...

5 OOC left: Garland, Howe, Toumpas, Hunt, and Michie.

Harmes and King to be DFA unless offered to be upgraded.

Can't believe James Harmes has I re-signed.

I see a few scenarios;

- we are waiting to finalise the details of his contract to be upgraded for some reason I am not aware of,

- we are waiting to see if we need to play silly buggers and keep him on the RL for the third year like King will be,

- we are keeping our options open for a trade,

- we don't think he is good enough.

I hope it is the first one; keeping King for the third year is easier as he is an interstate rookie and he can agree to that easily, Harmes has to go through the draft again if I know my CBA well (and I think I do), I don't see him having more value to others than to us in a trade, and he is clearly good enough for this list.

Awaiting the announcement of an upgrade and a two year deal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question for whoever knows this sort of thing (looking at you, rpfc): If, in theory, we were to pay out the final year of Terlich and M. Jones's contracts to free up list space, does that money count towards our 2016 salary cap?

It does. It probably doesn't matter though since we're not tight for cap space.

• Like 2

Question for whoever knows this sort of thing (looking at you, rpfc): If, in theory, we were to pay out the final year of Terlich and M. Jones's contracts to free up list space, does that money count towards our 2016 salary cap?

It does. It probably doesn't matter though since we're not tight for cap space.

It is interesting though - Mahoney was talking about Terlich having a delayed start to 2016 like he was going to still be on the list...

Perhaps they will honour the contract - preferably on the RL...

A contracts update from Mahoney: http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-10-11/we-want-hogan-longterm-mahoney

Summary of Mahoney's comments are:

- an offer of an extension beyond 2017 has been put to Jesse. Hooray! :rolleyes:

- the club needed to make sure that players were locked in for “an extended period of time”.

- “If you look down our list, there are not many players where you’d say ‘they had a season this year that they can’t replicate next year’.

- Mahoney said the club had also unearthed some youngsters this year. (He then talks of O Mac, White and Harmes)

Based on this I would expect White and Harmes to be signed up soon and a spate of extensions in the next 6 to 9 months, even tho a lot of our high end talent (Petracca, Brayshaw, Salem, Viney, Tyson) are already signed to 2017 and beyond. Love this forward planning!

BTW I heard Mahoney say in a trade interview this morning that our goal is to improve our list and to improve our draft position. Perhaps we have earmarked our 'Big Fish' within our existing ranks and no longer need to chase one!!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

A contracts update from Mahoney: http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-10-11/we-want-hogan-longterm-mahoney

Summary of Mahoney's comments are:

- an offer of an extension beyond 2017 has been put to Jesse. Hooray! :rolleyes:

- the club needed to make sure that players were locked in for “an extended period of time”.

- “If you look down our list, there are not many players where you’d say ‘they had a season this year that they can’t replicate next year’.

- Mahoney said the club had also unearthed some youngsters this year. (He then talks of O Mac, White and Harmes)

Based on this I would expect White and Harmes to be signed up soon and a spate of extensions in the next 6 to 9 months, even tho a lot of our high end talent (Petracca, Brayshaw, Salem, Viney, Tyson) are already signed to 2017 and beyond. Love this forward planning!

BTW I heard Mahoney say in a trade interview this morning that our goal is to improve our list and to improve our draft position. Perhaps we have earmarked our 'Big Fish' within our existing ranks and no longer need to chase one!!

White was given the second year of his RL stay, so he is done. Harmes is the one that should be signed up soon hopefully.

White was given the second year of his RL stay, so he is done. Harmes is the one that should be signed up soon hopefully.

White could be given an upgrade to the seniors list...it didn't seem like we are letting him go.

I believe there will be a few more senior list spots available than we currently have.

White could be given an upgrade to the seniors list...it didn't seem like we are letting him go.

I believe there will be a few more senior list spots available than we currently have.

I doubt it. They have already pushed him onto the RL for next year - they will not remove that flexibility by giving him a list spot now.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-09-25/dees-lock-in-four-youngsters

• Like 1

Pederson has signed on for next year.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-09-24/pedersen-signs-on-for-2016

Guess they'll see how he goes. Hopefully can pickup a young versatile tall in the meantime.

Just gotta love the bear Great news and injury free he will surprise many on here

I suspect Howe's situation has delayed final decisions on one or more out of contract players. If Howe goes, which now seems likely, not only does it "free up a spot" but his dollars become available for distribution which might allow deals for (insert the name of the out of contract players of your choice) to be finalised.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone correct me if my maths here is wrong.

8 out as per the OP.
Melksham, Bugg, Kennedy, vandenBerg in.
Current picks:
3, 7, 46, 50, 80, 94.
My final move before next list lodgement is to promote Harmes, re-sign Michie and delist (to rookie) Hunt. Picks 3, 7, 46 and 50 will be live.
Not sure the benefit is there for delisting Terlich now for pick 80.
  • Like 4

Jones 27, Melksham 24

Brayshaw 19, Petracca 19, Gawn 23, Garland 26 (UFA),

Dunn 27, Hogan 20, Viney 20, Lumumba 28, Kennedy-Harris20, Salem 19, Vandenberg 23, Neal-Bullen 19, Stretch 18, Kennedy* 21, Bugg* 23

Trengove 22, Dawes 26, Grimes 25 (RFA), Watts 24 (RFA), Vince 29, Tyson* 21, Kent 21, M Jones 27, Spencer 25 (UFA), T McDonald 22, Terlich 25, Jetta 25, Garlett 25, Frost 21, Newton 22, O McDonald 19, Pedersen 28, King ®19, White ®18

Jamar 31 (UFA), McKenzie 24, Cross 32, Bail 26, Riley 23, Fitzpatrick 23, Howe 24, Toumpas 21, Hunt 19, Michie 23, Harmes ® 19

OUT (8): Cross (Ret.), Jamar (Del.), McKenzie (Del.), Riley (Del.), Bail (Del.), Fitzpatrick (Del.), Howe (T), Toumpas (T)

INS : Melksham, Kennedy, Bugg, Vandenberg (Upgraded), ND3, ND7, ND46, ND50, ND82,

Open Spots - PL: 4 RL: 1

* = Require confirmation...

Updated.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 2

Someone correct me if my maths here is wrong.

8 out as per the OP.
Melksham, Bugg, Kennedy, vandenBerg in.
Current picks:
3, 7, 46, 50, 80, 94.
My final move before next list lodgement is to promote Harmes, re-sign Michie and delist (to rookie) Hunt. Picks 3, 7, 46 and 50 will be live.
Not sure the benefit is there for delisting Terlich now for pick 80.

It's pick 80 OR PSD pick 6 OR best available delisted free agent OR 3rd round rookie spot (we can have an extra rookie).

The main reason I'd give him the boot is from the outside he looks like he'd just be playing out time and I can't see how that helps our culture.

If from the inside the club genuinely thinks he's a chance to get back in contention for games and is a leader at Casey then they should keep him.

• Like 2