• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

We are now being run by professionals and I would sincerely expect that they would have done full due diligence on Goodwin and his time at EFC before appointing him to this vital role.

IF they didn't then I seriously think I may give the game away entirely

Unfortunately you can do excellent due diligence and still be deceived. It only means that you did everything reasonably possible to determine the candidate was OK. Given the clearly dangerous circumstances and as you say the professionalism we now seem to have, I expect we did what was appropriate. I just hope that all is OK. If it isn't, I wouldn't automatically assume we stuffed up.

• Like 1

Interesting post over on the (closed) Essendon Board on Bigfooty. The following edits a couple of posts together from the same poster:

"Got some insight today. We should be preparing for players being suspended.

Not sure how many matches, but the reports and good vibes we have been fed are because of legal team being selective of information they have been feeding our players.
Asada can prove drugs were on site, purchased by club and a non documented injection regime was willingly participated in. The drugs were purchased within timeline of regime. No evidence drugs were disposed of or not used.
Players are preparing for suspensions. from the mouth of a parent
Before anyone questions my credibility. Ask yourself a couple of things.
1. Why would a one eyed essendon supporter want this?
2. Why would I make a complete 180 turnaround?
3. For those that know me on here, know I have a connection to one of the "34"
I have been staunch for 18 months until the hour long conversation that I had about it today.
Question: So the lawyers for the players have told this parent that players will be most likely suspended?
OP: No they have told the player"
  • Like 3

If that poster on big footy is right it explains why Ess are looking to appoint another 'development' coach. A bit late to suddenly decide another coach is needed you would think. Oh, we suddenly want to use all the football budget, they say!! More likely preparing for Hird's departure!

If players take the wrap the whole thing will be over. At Last!!

• Like 1

The silence in the media over the course of the AFL Tribunal hearings is somewhat deafening in comparison to my expectations during the build up. There are a number of theories around and the introduction of a new poster Ian Rush over at Saintsational has made interesting reading since he was brought to my attention yesterday by a Saints fan. He's the BigFooty poster CozzaD who was mentioned here late last year and, while there's a lot to get your head around, he's worth a read on the "Essendope" thread. Even acknowledged support from Demonlanders in his first post.

If I get him right, this saga has much wider testacles tentacles than just the Essendon and Cronulla situations (yes, we knew that because of its origins in the ACC investigation) but extends to sports other than the football codes (look at what's going on in horse racing) and also into business and politics. Other AFL clubs have been mentioned as well, including us (it's OK - we're safe) and a recent premiership team that produced some interesting test results after winning the grand final which were just inside acceptable limits.

Interesting times.

• Like 3

Will tentacles be laid bare for all too see at some point WJ?

Again where is Worksafe/Doc Reid's overseers if the details from Dons BF post are to be believed? I know posters have said they may be waiting for the end of the ASADA case but I just find that hard to justify if the level of alleged doping has taken place.

Great news before bed. Should sleep much more soundly now!}'

Well, it's just taken off BF, so buyer beware ... but hard to see why a loyal Dons fan would post that.

I don't know that it confirms anything we don't know or didn't suspect, though the "no evidence the drugs were disposed of" angle is a new/interesting one.

I don't know that it confirms anything we don't know or didn't suspect, though the "no evidence the drugs were disposed of" angle is a new/interesting one.

I think this was an angle ASADA's been pushing for a while. They couldn't prove the players were injected with TB4, but could prove a trail that puts the drugs at Essendon HQ.

Realising this, Dank claimed the drugs were destroyed at a lab with a forged letter from the lab pharmacist. ASADA followed the trail and discovered the lab had no record of destroying the drugs, leaving Essendon with the burden of proof the drugs were disposed and not injected. Unfortunately (boo hoo) they have no evidence to prove that, which is enough for players to be charged under doping law.

This again reiterates why Hird is so desperate to have the case nullified on a technicality. Even more disturbing is the undying loyalty of Dons supporters to their golden boy, despite the fact he's wasting millions of their money thanks to that convenient multi-year contract extension Little gave him (likely fully aware it would never be fulfilled, but merely an under-the-table means of paying Hird's legal costs for a prolonged court battle).

• Like 4

If that poster on big footy is right it explains why Ess are looking to appoint another 'development' coach. A bit late to suddenly decide another coach is needed you would think. Oh, we suddenly want to use all the football budget, they say!! More likely preparing for Hird's departure!

If players take the wrap the whole thing will be over. At Last!!

Wouldn't count on it. This will not be Cronulla. Essendon's opportunity for that passed long ago, essentially when Hird and Little rolled Evans. As soon as it became adversarial with ASADA, they cooked their goose.

We have a way to go.

The silence in the media over the course of the AFL Tribunal hearings is somewhat deafening in comparison to my expectations during the build up. There are a number of theories around and the introduction of a new poster Ian Rush over at Saintsational has made interesting reading since he was brought to my attention yesterday by a Saints fan. He's the BigFooty poster CozzaD who was mentioned here late last year and, while there's a lot to get your head around, he's worth a read on the "Essendope" thread. Even acknowledged support from Demonlanders in his first post.

If I get him right, this saga has much wider testacles tentacles than just the Essendon and Cronulla situations (yes, we knew that because of its origins in the ACC investigation) but extends to sports other than the football codes (look at what's going on in horse racing) and also into business and politics. Other AFL clubs have been mentioned as well, including us (it's OK - we're safe) and a recent premiership team that produced some interesting test results after winning the grand final which were just inside acceptable limits.

Interesting times.

My sources confirm this, particularly that this reaches into politics,financial circles and other sports. Horse racing is rotten to the core, and there are many "racing personalities" big in AFL. As I have said before on here, there is a lot more to come out about the political, financial even criminal connections in this saga, and it won't be pretty.

Well, it's just taken off BF, so buyer beware ... but hard to see why a loyal Dons fan would post that.

Maybe we are at last seeing a realistic so Dons fan - an oxymoron I know!

Maybe we are at last seeing a realistic so Dons fan - an oxymoron I know!

I believe there are many realistic EFC supporters. They have gone quiet - not surprising. Those living in cloud-cuckoo land are noisy, egged on by sections of the media.

• Like 1

My sources confirm this, particularly that this reaches into politics,financial circles and other sports. Horse racing is rotten to the core, and there are many "racing personalities" big in AFL. As I have said before on here, there is a lot more to come out about the political, financial even criminal connections in this saga, and it won't be pretty.

Sounds like the 'Darkest Day' may well be on the money if what you are saying is true.

• Like 1

Anyone else hear the Sports Professor interviewed on SEN this morning.

Basically said Peptides were no more than "anti aging agents" and that he despised WADA & Dick Pound!!

Apparently there is a podcast up on the website.

I couldn't believe what i was hearing!!!

Basically said Peptides were no more than "anti aging agents" and that he despised WADA & [censored] Pound!!

That's the opinion of some people but it's totally irrelevant to the EFC doping case which has to do with whether the players committed an anti doping offence by ingesting a banned substance. It's not about whether a peptide or any other drug should or should not be banned.

• Like 1

That's the opinion of some people but it's totally irrelevant to the EFC doping case which has to do with whether the players committed an anti doping offence by ingesting a banned substance. It's not about whether a peptide or any other drug should or should not be banned.

Yes i am well aware of that.

Just interesting to hear a Professor actually speak the way he did

Yes i am well aware of that.

Just interesting to hear a Professor actually speak the way he did

Was his diploma from the University of South Sydney?

Ive got one of those and they look remarkably good.

• Like 1

Basically said Peptides were no more than "anti aging agents" and that he despised WADA & [censored] Pound!!

Sooo if they are only anti-aging agents and have no benefits to aid a persons recovery or improve performance then why would 18-30 yr olds in the peak of youth and physical fitness need them?

• Like 3

Sooo if they are only anti-aging agents and have no benefits to aid a persons recovery or improve performance then why would 18-30 yr olds in the peak of youth and physical fitness need them?

i thought they were cancer-proofing themselves.....didn't mensa bomba claim that?

yes. I was thinking the same listening to the interview...