Sam Blease wants out

Grimes Times

Oh boy...Does everyone want to go, or is going to Carlton. They are 'apparently' linked to every single player in the AFL

used to be us...

we're going up in the world

I have always been optimistic about this kid, but injuries, poor coches (pre Roos) and the inability to build stamina has really hurt him.

Hopefully he gets a few good pre seasons at a new club and he can show why he was a pick 17.

I have always been optimistic about this kid, but injuries, poor coches (pre Roos) and the inability to build stamina has really hurt him.

Hopefully he gets a few good pre seasons at a new club and he can show why he was a pick 17.

he was taken at 17 because we were fools

it not the coaches. hes had 6 years to prove he has anything....tic tic times over

Often he would miss recovery sessions so everybody knew Bleasy liked Sunday Mornings.

• Like 7

Jeez... Some of the post here, really aren't helping us to extract any value? SMH.... Blease is a flashy player, that will definitely attract some interest... Whether you think he can play on not, running down his value probably isn't the smartest idea...

Maybe one day we could use this site as a weapon... Not today though...

Jeez... Some of the post here, really aren't helping us to extract any value? SMH.... Blease is a flashy player, that will definitely attract some interest... Whether you think he can play on not, running down his value probably isn't the smartest idea...

are you seriously suggesting that we all simultaneously, tacitly, just through ESP, all agree to lie and 'talk up' Blease , with the thought that other clubs' recruiting staff might be reading this thread while negotiating with the MFC for a trade?

delusions of grandeur and just plain old silliness mate

• Like 3

I think he's still contracted for next year, so delisting him is problematic. Doable, but a pain. Much better for all concerned if he's traded.

Nah he's out of contract.

Bwahahahahahahaha

are you seriously suggesting that we all simultaneously, tacitly, just through ESP, all agree to lie and 'talk up' Blease , with the thought that other clubs' recruiting staff might be reading this thread while negotiating with the MFC for a trade?

delusions of grandeur and just plain old silliness mate

nope... I'm merely suggesting that we should all agree to not 'talk him down' while on the cusp of leaving... Recruiters wouldn't be doing their job properly, if they didn't gather all information possible on potential recruits... Why is it crazy to think that they might browse through these pages occasionally, to get a feel for how players are valued among supporters.... If we are all running him down and suggesting we'd take anything in a trade, how does that help our chances of extracting value?

I for one will be disappointed to lose Blease. I still think he can make it.

The reports from Casey were pretty damning I thought. He was told what to do, he knew what to do but for one reason or another didn't do it.

He definitely tried to takle the game on but was at the expense of being seen as selfish. And of course if you cant cover both ways you have no part in Roos' plans I would think.

A sensible decision. We need to make quick decisions on a bunch of these NQRs. After 5 yrs he could be off on free agency soon in any case ...

• Like 1

I'm sorry?

This is a Demons discussion forum, it is not some poorly conceived propaganda tool.

It's up to Blease to convince people he is a good player, not thousands of supporters. Paul Roos says he hasn't a future here and that is what we are discussing.

Can't say I disagree with him. He doesn't get enough footy for someone who only affects the game with ball in hand.

And he is OOC, RM.

I just feel sick that we have another top 20 draft pick leaving the club for nothing of significance in return.

Morton

Gysberts

Cook

Blease

Strauss (will be gone)

It makes me want to cry.

add Tapscott, Bate, N.Smith, Bell, Molan and Maric (21)

and it's not just 'for nothing of significance in return' it's the fact that none of them contributed much while they were here

Bate and Bell about 2 good games each, Morton a good start, that's about it, for 11 first rounders in as many years

Toumpas and Trengove likely to follow suit

why do we suck so bad

Edited by Curry & Beer
  • Like 1