Reasons why and why not to sign up in 2015

Soidee

it depends which camp you are in

some use an an before h if h is silent, else use an a

in horribly the h is not silent (unless you are cockney)

Another example of what you won't find on other teams' forums.

There is just such a variety of experiences to be had and things to learn as a DL viewer!

Memberships are a funny thing aren't they..

I'm of the 'Ron Barrasi' plastic football boot generation; (remember them?). Longtime supporter, since making the choice in 64. Became a member just before the attempted merger.

Terrible time the merger. It was an attempted takeover of course, thats why we voted yes, ...damn you Don Scott!! But we lost and they won... So be it.

So I have an MCC membership, and 4 Premium memberships in the Southern stand for me and my 3 boys... They don't come any more but they are 'Melbourne' and will be back, ....in time. When I go I mostly sit in the MCC. But i will keep paying for those 4 seats in the southern stand.... Why?

Because of the 'guaranteed GF ticket should Melbourne participate!!!, because of Jim Stynes, because of those finals in the 90's, because of the John Northey era and his players, because of Neil Daniher, because of David Schwarz, .....and because I get a warm inner glow knowing that when we do win the GF one day ... I will be a tiny tiny tiny part of why we got there.

Membership becomes like a drug..... Each year, .....just one more hit! Go Dees

• Like 4

Provided you only read my posts!

Thats what I like about you BBO. Some light hearted entertainment on a Saturday night when nothing is on TV!

Low standards Klink.

I know but have you seen whats on TV? "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" would seem like a blockbuster!

Yep, because $9 per week makes such a difference.

Hit the top 8 or don't. Win games or fail. Wait for the flogs to jump on the bandwagon when we start winning.

$9 per week. Get on board.

What a stupid thread. Why be a member for all the hurt and jump off now?

You get a free scarf.

Jackson will know as well as anyone that we cannot afford a bad season.

We have the structures in place, we've had two trade periods to try and turn the list around.

Another bad season (5 wins or less), and people will stop renewing.

Hit the top 8 or don't. Win games or fail. Wait for the flogs to jump on the bandwagon when we start winning.

You get a free scarf.

Woohoo! I'm in! Only trouble is I have about 24 of the things clogging the closet!

You get a free scarf.

Yeah I get it!! I get we love our club, I get we love Jim and all our former greats, and I get signing up again is the right thing to do.

It is not a stupid thread, it is a very relevant thread to many many MFC people who have endured garbage football every winter for the past decade.

Paul and his team will put smiles on all our faces in time, however unless the football is good to watch, win lose or draw, people will stay away and do other things. I am confident our team will play much better football.

Yeah I get it!! I get we love our club, I get we love Jim and all our former greats, and I get signing up again is the right thing to do.

It is not a stupid thread, it is a very relevant thread to many many MFC people who have endured garbage football every winter for the past decade.

Paul and his team will put smiles on all our faces in time, however unless the football is good to watch, win lose or draw, people will stay away and do other things. I am confident our team will play much better football.

"Stupid thread" is harsh, but jumping off now would be completely illogical.

It would be the equivalent of sitting through a shitty three hour children's music recital, and then leaving before your own kid gets up to perform.

• Like 1

It would be the equivalent of sitting through a shitty three hour children's music recital, and then leaving before your own kid gets up to perform.

If you need a reason to sign up next year what are you doing here? Unless you have financial reasons for not signing up I don't understand why you wouldn't renew to SUPPORT the club you barrack for.

I have been signed up since the middle of September, it's footy, it's a new season....a few Paul Gardner types posting here, isn't a member but will pontificate when asked.......MFC is my club, missed one home game (daughters wedding) in last 7 years

• Like 1

The only think wrong with the above P-man is that we have been told this every year since 2006

The only think wrong with the above P-man is that we have been told this every year since 2006

old Dee if it's so painful the go buy a hawk's membership, it will turn it always does, who would have thought back in 87 we missed the gf because of a 15 m penalty, 86 did not show any signs how good 87 would became.

In previous years we didn't have what is on paper one of the very best coaching panels in the league, a gun CEO, and a preceding season where in the first half at least, we started to resemble a professional football side.

The reasons for signing up are as plain as the nose on your face, and to that extent, it is a bit of a silly thread.

If you post on Demonland, you surely care enough to sign up.

• Like 2

old Dee if it's so painful the go buy a hawk's membership, it will turn it always does, who would have thought back in 87 we missed the gf because of a 15 m penalty, 86 did not show any signs how good 87 would became.

In 87 they did it for Robbie!