• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AFL National Draft 2014 Picks 2 & 3

Sigil

this is the reason I wanted us to take Lachie Henderson the draft of morton, & then Ebert as I new nothing of grimes...

Henderson from down the SthWest of Victoria, & apparently a strong Demons family as well. Ebert as a decent tough player & the bloodlines.

now I think Hendo is out of contract at the end of 2015, the perfect target for us as a ready made tall (196cm) swingman. > http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-swingman-lachie-henderson-close-to-re-signing-with-the-blues/story-fni5f5nx-1226680981923

we should be in his ear from Now, & anyone know his family ???

Henderson's family were never Melbourne supporters - a mix of Essendon and Collingwood. Obviously they are now Carlton. I do know we were heavily into him prior to the draft that year and his family were keen (just because the other club heavily into him was Brisbane and they wanted him to stay in Vic).

Henderson's family were never Melbourne supporters - a mix of Essendon and Collingwood. Obviously they are now Carlton. I do know we were heavily into him prior to the draft that year and his family were keen (just because the other club heavily into him was Brisbane and they wanted him to stay in Vic).

Oh, I heard at the time (U-18s) in the media they were all Demon supporters, well there you go. thought it was someone here who new the family? anyhow.

still would be handy to go after him, would be a perfect fit to support Dawes & Hogan, or down back..

People have made very early judgements on Toumpas in comparison to bash/ crash players. That's not what he is. I suspect he'll spend more time on a half forward flank this year with Salem on the other and start to show a bit. For mine, he may never be suited to a midfield role (in the Swallow/ Mitchell mould) but rather, be the bloke who can spot up forward targets as the second last link in the chain. You only had to watch the GF to see how critical it was to not just enter the 50 but do so with precision.

On that, Hogan is a mobile forward as is Iron Gloves Dawes and for that reason I'd seriously look at Wright as the stay at home forward. We will now have some talent underfoot with Garlett, JKH, Salem and perhaps Toumpas.

Sorry, not quite sure.... are you saying Toump was taken as a mid...but wont make the grade as a mid ? just asking , because thats a very interesting observation

Ive just got this sneaky gut feeling that the club is going to do something a little left field. it will possibly and hopefully probably all make sense in a year or two but might make a few look twice at the moment.

Our midfield isnt too crash hot , by a distance , but even selecting two guns in this years draft wont solve next years problems. Roos isnt a big fan on playing the noobies too early, so dont expect to see that much of either #2 or #3 in 15. So by the time they start kicking along say 1-2 years hence we will have already had a chance to go back to the store and "buy" something ready to go. The club has already flagged a GO HARD stance come next years trade etc.

I also think a couple of blokes got a bit of a reprieve this eos and are still no certs going forward. A few are notably very tall, but havent cemented a spot . Whilst theres an obvious requirement to bolster the list for next year I think Roos and Co might take a longer view to this than many of us here.

In 15 I expect bigger things from Michie , Riley, Salem and who knows maybe the Greek will kick it up a gear. I also think ( just me maybe ) that Garlett hasnt been brought in so much as that sneaky fwd ( I think JKH will be that player in 15 ) but to build his tank and use him through the middle as a bit of a live wire, creative type.

It would at first glance appear that picks 2 and 3 are pretty straight forward

I cant help but feel that these may well raise an eyebrow or two, probably not both....but one.

• Like 1

Ive just got this sneaky gut feeling that the club is going to do something a little left field. it will possibly and hopefully probably all make sense in a year or two but might make a few look twice at the moment.

I cant help but feel that these may well raise an eyebrow or two, probably not both....but one.

I agree with this.

I never knew that being a self assured and confident young man meant you are arrogant.

I have no idea where this arrogance [censored] comes from when talking about Petracca. He has one of the more professional attitudes I've seen of this draft.

Comparisons with Sylvia? Give me a [censored] break.

Agree saw the interview on tac future stars he seemed earnest humble and dedicated

Our last left field high picks

Gysberts

Maric

Strauss

Cook

Morton

Oh lord give us those picks again. That's 5 top 20 picks who are all duds, all of them. Hard to believe but we make Richmond's recruiters look first class. Noclub has ever destroyed an already poor list like us.

Does anyone else sense my current dose of negativity around this club?

Gysberts

Maric

Strauss

Cook

Morton

Oh lord give us those picks again. That's 5 top 20 picks who are all duds, all of them. Hard to believe but we make Richmond's recruiters look first class. Noclub has ever destroyed an already poor list like us.

Add Tapscott and Blease to that!

Everyone had Morton as top 5 though

BP gets hammered on this site but Craig Cameron was recruiter from 1997 to the end of 2008. His record is not much better.

2008 Blease, Watts, Strauss, jetta

2007Morton Grimes, Maric CHeney Tommy MaNamara

2006 Frawley Petterd Garland Weetra

2005 Jones Buckley Bartram Neville

• Like 2

Interesting quick look at drafting jnrmac

What do the majority of those pics have in common? They're all skinny running types when footy went in the opposite direction (contested strong bodies).

The mfc wanted fast free flowing footy and drafted that way. It was a complete failure as it's not where footy went

• Like 5

Gysberts

Maric

Strauss

Cook

Morton

if you swap those names with 5 names who could be playing in our side today, how different would we look. I am not even saying stars, just 5 guys who would have been regulars.

• Like 2

BP gets hammered on this site but Craig Cameron was recruiter from 1997 to the end of 2008. His record is not much better.

2005 Jones Buckley Bartram Neville

we've just been really bad......for a really long time

2005 Jones Buckley Bartram

2007 was Cameron's last draft, BP called out Watts, Blease, etc.

05 & 06 weren't too bad. 07 wasn't great, but that draft pool overall wasn't very strong. We just weren't bold enough to take a flyer on Dangerfield with our first pick. He was generally thought to be around the mark at the Grimes selection, Rendell saw the player he would become and convinced the Crows recruiting team to select him.

I think they were the only team apart from Hawthorn that considered Rioli a top 10 selection too.

• Like 2

Interesting quick look at drafting jnrmac

What do the majority of those pics have in common? They're all skinny running types when footy went in the opposite direction (contested strong bodies).

The mfc wanted fast free flowing footy and drafted that way. It was a complete failure as it's not where footy went

this is exactly right, they wanted to play free running the wings.

and recruited soft runners & creative types who need abundance of space. and need to receive, from who.

they misread the way the game was going by 180 degrees.

I'm glad the contested footy came back in, love it.... just not the congestion with it as well.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 2

Rendell was spot on re danger.

i spent the morning watching highlights of the potential draftees as well as interviews, etc.

Petracca's major assets to me seem to be strength and size for mine and may get exposed hen he goes from playing skinny kids to men.

Brayshaw has to be a lock. Takes the game on and just creates.

Underwhelmed by Wright and not sure about Lever who i hear is a lock for pick 3.

Id take McMartin on the best player principle or Laverde just for sheer effort.

MY MAIL:

Heard this from a very good friend of mine whose client has been told several times by Mcartin's brother (who his client is friends with) that St. Kilda have assured Paddy that they will be taking him Pick 1. This client of his has been told on more than one occasion by Paddy's brother, that this is what St. Kilda has said.
Whether this is still the case after all the media hype etc. on Petracca, who knows.
No riddles, no definite truth. Just what i was told. Take it as you will.

• Like 5

Rendell was spot on re danger.

i spent the morning watching highlights of the potential draftees as well as interviews, etc.

Petracca's major assets to me seem to be strength and size for mine and may get exposed hen he goes from playing skinny kids to men.

Brayshaw has to be a lock. Takes the game on and just creates.

Underwhelmed by Wright and not sure about Lever who i hear is a lock for pick 3.

Id take McMartin on the best player principle or Laverde just for sheer effort.

what did Rendell say?

MY MAIL:

Heard this from a very good friend of mine whose client has been told several times by Mcartin's brother (who his client is friends with) that St. Kilda have assured Paddy that they will be taking him Pick 1. This client of his has been told on more than one occasion by Paddy's brother, that this is what St. Kilda has said.

Whether this is still the case after all the media hype etc. on Petracca, who knows.

I hope this correct.

Petracca & Brayshaw would be ideal! I hope we don't pass on Petracca if he is available. GWS would be laughing at Pick 4.

• Like 2

He had faith in danger. A mate of mind caught up with rendell about a year ago and he had some fascinating opinions.

Our club needs arrogance. It needs grunt. It needs confidence. It needs talent. It need above all else onfield leadership.

therefore we will take Petracca and Brayshaw if saints take McMartin and if they take Petracca we may take Brayshaw and either Lever or Laverde.

ive been told we really rate Lever.

for the reasons stated above the Wrights and Picketts wont be on our radar.

• Like 2

MY MAIL:

oh no... not again... this feels kinda like waiting for the danger/kennedy pressor

He had faith in danger. A mate of mind caught up with rendell about a year ago and he had some fascinating opinions.

Our club needs arrogance. It needs grunt. It needs confidence. It needs talent. It need above all else onfield leadership.

therefore we will take Petracca and Brayshaw if saints take McMartin and if they take Petracca we may take Brayshaw and either Lever or Laverde.

ive been told we really rate Lever.

for the reasons stated above the Wrights and Picketts wont be on our radar.

Maybe Wright may be still there at #53?

• Like 3