Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

If I know my Hollywood movies, GNF is secretly cleaning out our bank accounts while we spend our time on here trying to solve this bloody riddle.

Putting the Riddle to one side the more I think about it the fact we needed a pick from Richmond suggests we were close to getting a swans player given they can only accept picks. So we need a pick around 12 to get some deal done how would we manage to achieve that now?

2 solid citizens, no chance of going off the rails or negatively influencing the culture of the playing list...

Solid on the footy field is all that matters, they will be playing finals

Come 2pm Thursday, this all could have been a Keyser Söze.

Good movie, "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

Brisbane have done well haven't they? Securing Beams and Christensen

Its amazing that each year some basket case team is able to turn it around and recruit players while we still remain anchored to the bottom.

Port were basically dead set gone from the competition, then all of sudden they're back to back finals and were a minute away from playing in a GF. Then Brisbanes kids walk out on the club, they manage to draft well and managed to be competitive for most of the year and now they've secured two big names.

God help us if Nathan Jones leaves.

Mitch Hallahan's manager was just on Trade Radio suggesting that he could be trade. Gold Coast have already expressed an interest.

Would love to see this guy playing for us. Has shown a lot at Hawthorn in the few games that he's played.

I'd be happy to give up a second round pick for him.

Solid on the footy field is all that matters, they will be playing finals

Really? I solidly disagree, but then again, from a position of ignorance, I may have said the same.

What's the point if one of those players isn't able to take the field in a year's time?

Or younger players go off the rails as a result of their influence?

Surely that has to matter more than just their onfield ability.

It's mindboggling that all these players have put forward their intent to leave (Greenwood, Hallahan, Giles, etc.) and we haven't made a vague attempt to get any of them.

If there's nothing actually in the works, I'll be majorly peeved that we've made no in-roads this entire trade period. We made a net loss with Frawley and Clark going. Lamumba, Frost and Garlett coming in barely breaks us even.

We have so much cap money, what the heck are we doing with it??

• Like 2

Mitch Hallahan's manager was just on Trade Radio suggesting that he could be trade. Gold Coast have already expressed an interest.

Would love to see this guy playing for us. Has shown a lot at Hawthorn in the few games that he's played.

Do Gold Coast have room in their midfield?

Are we into Prestia again?

We've seen recently that contracts dont mean much.

• Like 1

Brisbane have done well haven't they? Securing Beams and Christensen

I was thinking this in the car on the way into work this morning. They're likely to bolt up the ladder a bit this year. I think we'll be treading water in the bottom 4 if I'm honest. Not holding much hope of any gun trades coming to fruition.

Do Gold Coast have room in their midfield?

Are we into Prestia again?

We've seen recently that contracts dont mean much.

Hallahan to the Suns is quite interesting.

You wouldn't think they would need to be adding him to their midfield which already consists of Ablett, Swallow, Prestia, Bennell, O'Meara, Martin, Lonergan and Rischitelli.

Maybe the Dees are looking at bringing one of them over. Would love Prestia or Swallow in particular. O'Meara and Martin would be off limits one would imagine.

Really? I solidly disagree, but then again, from a position of ignorance, I may have said the same.

What's the point if one of those players isn't able to take the field in a year's time?

Or younger players go off the rails as a result of their influence?

Surely that has to matter more than just their onfield ability.

Respect your opinion, but remember we just drafted Garlett as well who has his share of problems, and Harry O is known to cause divisive opinions within a club as well.

We are in the business of playing finals footy, not winning lions club solid citizen awards.

• Like 1

Without pick 12 for Chook/GNF elite type deals, lets hope we can still do a Tyson-type trade. While, GWS is our best bet they have their hands full trying to sort out the Griffen/Boyd battle and/or trying to get pick 1 from the saints. I feel we have been dealt out of that card game. GWS, Saints and Bulldogs will do the deals that need to be done.

Looks like it is time for Plan B, otherwise the risk is when the trading music stops @ 2pm Thurs we are left 'empty-handed' so to speak.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

It's mindboggling that all these players have put forward their intent to leave (Greenwood, Hallahan, Giles, etc.) and we haven't made a vague attempt to get any of them.

If there's nothing actually in the works, I'll be majorly peeved that we've made no in-roads this entire trade period. We made a net loss with Frawley and Clark going. Lamumba, Frost and Garlett coming in barely breaks us even.

Whilst Garlett (& Stretch) come in we are still to confirm the services of either Frost or HL though l concede that it is highly likely that we will secure both.

Personally, my view is that if we don't do a super trade a la last year, then we could do a lot worse than holding picks 2 & 3. Considering the calibre of the top four on offer, we look to be a much stronger unit next year after Roos, Goodwin, Stone and Misson have finished putting our two selections through their first pre-season (as they each already boast mature bodies).

Edited by CBDees

Maybe we don't rate them and think other options are better including going to the draft.

I wouldn't pay that for a VFL player, remember Christiansen went for a 2nd round pick and we got Vince with one. He's way off those guys at the moment.

Respect your opinion, but remember we just drafted Garlett as well who has his share of problems, and Harry O is known to cause divisive opinions within a club as well.

We are in the business of playing finals footy, not winning lions club solid citizen awards.

Harry has problems with Buckley, he's not the first nor will he be the last. From what I understand he is well liked in the playing group even though they will stir him up a bit.

Maybe we don't rate them and think other options are better including going to the draft.

For the position this club is in, not one draftee is a better prospect than an established 22-26 year old midfielder.

We will only ever tread water at the bottom until we make drastic list changes that send us up the ladder with senior players. Getting a bunch of promising 18 year olds that may or may not become elite does not help our current situation. More senior players will leave the club next year if we finish at the bottom again.

The developments in player movement this year send a shiver down my spine, because the best players will simply leave our club at the first opportunity if we're permanent cellar dwellers.

I know getting 2 more Tyson/Salem-esque deals with both picks 2 and 3 was only a pipe dream this year, but the players we take with those picks would want to be rated leagues beyond picks 5+ for us to take that path.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 2

Shame Mitch isn't open to going to Freo, we could have offered Mitch and p23 for their p13, they need some tall timber to replace Pav.

He might change his mind again.

• Like 1