WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - HERITIER LUMUMBA

Moonshadow

The guy is a sook. So an off the mark comment about two players and Mardi Gras occurred. Stiff bickies! I'm not offended, why should henrietta (yes a mistake of spelling. Deliberate!)?

I tend to agree - that Harry O'Brien who used to play for Collingwood also sooked in exactly the same way.

(I wonder if they live together?)

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

As a player I've often thought he was a bit overrated, and I agree with those who have said he would likely get found out playing in a defence under constant pressure.

The 'galloping' runs are impressive and he'd definitely add that element, but our team is already full of players who are good at a couple of things but slack at everything else.

As for being a tool, it really, really annoys me that he keeps taking basic points I agree with, like 'try not to use gay as a slur', and then escalates and turns it into an outright power play. It is almost like his game style, looking for the big break up the middle to define the game, but not doing the small defensive things consistently.

I dunno, when it comes to managing personalities I'd rate Roos a long way ahead of Buckley, or Malthouse for that matter. And Lumumba is a valid AFL standard player. So I wont cry if we do get him.

Edited by Nasher
De-censored censored word
  • Like 2

Roos had breakfast with him this morning.

Tweeted by Robbo.

So possibly a furphy?

IF true.....'interesting'!!

I am sure Mr Roos could find a rôle for him, but I would seriously want him to 'toughen up' - his public pc outbursts surely make him a sledging target, which in turn must adversely effect his performance.

I don't get what peoples issues with him really are? A footballer with an opinion? Oh no! As long as he can play that's what matters, some of the comments on here really do reinforce the stereotype of MFC as the conservative club of the top end of Collins St.

If you don't think he'd be a good get because of his footy abilities fair enough but I fail to see how he wouldn't make a better half back option than Terlich or Grimes. He can keep his feet, is strong in the contest, can break lines, is a long kick and can kick a goal every now and then. Better than any other option on our list. Yeah I'd prefer Hodge but we have to deal with what's available.

• Like 5

Amazing amount of bile here for someone who wanted to take a moral stance about material that was clearly anti-gay. Just because you complain about such discrimination doesn't make you a 'nutter', 'screwball', 'self-righteous', 'easily offended' or a 'tool'. I'd imagine Brock McLean would complain too.

Lumumba either can't get on at Collingwood because it's full of players like Dane Swan, or he can't get on at any 'blokey' football club. If it's the former, I don't have a problem, if it's the latter then I will have some doubts.

To suggest he wouldn't improve our list is naive. He'd be a definite improvement off half-back over Grimes, Terlich or the de-listed Nicholson, and provides plenty of metres gained even if his kicking is not 100%.

As usual, it depends on the cost. For me: a high draft pick, no; second-round or PSD, yes.

Edited by Nasher
de-censored words
  • Like 18

Perhaps we could swap him and Grimes

At least H can kick

I'm not sure we are watching the same game as others. I have never noticed that he is a poor kick either.

I love the way he grabs the ball and takes off with it - sometimes gets himself into trouble doing so but fortune favors the brave and we have far too few ( struggling to think of any except for Blease on the very rare ( and I mean very) occasion who are willing to run and break the lines.

Amazing amount of bile here for someone who wanted to take a moral stance about material that was clearly anti-g ay. Just because you complain about such discrimination doesn't make you a 'nutter', 'screwball', 'self-righteous', 'easily offended' or a 'tool'. I'd imagine Brock McLean would complain too.

Lumumba either can't get on at Collingwood because it's full of players like Dane Swan, or he can't get on at any 'blokey' football club. If it's the former, I don't have a problem, if it's the latter then I will have some doubts.

To suggest he wouldn't improve our list is naive. He'd be a definite improvement off half-back over Grimes, Terlich or the de-listed Nicholson, and provides plenty of metres gained even if his kicking is not 100%.

As usual, it depends on the cost. For me: a high draft pick, no; second-round or PSD, yes.

As usual - you are being way too insightful in your appraisal.

• Like 1

Amazing amount of bile here for someone who wanted to take a moral stance about material that was clearly anti-g ay. Just because you complain about such discrimination doesn't make you a 'nutter', 'screwball', 'self-righteous', 'easily offended' or a 'tool'. I'd imagine Brock McLean would complain too.Lumumba either can't get on at Collingwood because it's full of players like Dane Swan, or he can't get on at any 'blokey' football club. If it's the former, I don't have a problem, if it's the latter then I will have some doubts.To suggest he wouldn't improve our list is naive. He'd be a definite improvement off half-back over Grimes, Terlich or the de-listed Nicholson, and provides plenty of metres gained even if his kicking is not 100%.As usual, it depends on the cost. For me: a high draft pick, no; second-round or PSD, yes.

If someone had have written 'what a couple of *fruitbaskets' on the poster of Pendles and Beams, then I could totally understand the reaction.

But I was thinking, if there actually was a gay member of staff at Collingwood, he/she would probably be the most likely candidates for the tongue in cheek comment of 'off to the mardi gras boys?'.

If he was offended himself, that's fine, and making his point and having the poster removed shoul have been enough - but he went on a full blown crusade and then targeted management as well.

Has form, and he's a pest in my opinion.

Edited by Nasher
de-censored words
  • Like 1