GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

On Sen they just said the inside word is Clark to the saints!!

I'm sorry but that would be the biggest blow.

You wouldn't leave Melbourne to go to St Kilda if you were chasing success, you would go there to chase the money. And what sort of fresh start does he expect to have at a struggling club, with a poor culture?

Massive slap in the face, unless Melbourne and St Kilda already worked out that there will be a trade for pick 1. In which case, I'm down for that!

This saga is already a disgrace, and we're 1 day in. Clark, management and the club need to put a stop to the rumours, or I'm actually worried it will get nasty and negatively impact Clark's own health.

They can give us pick 1 for Clark, no probs.

Or else they get him for zip in the pre-season draft or rookie draft or whatever it is called. They have the 1st pick in all of them!!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

I'm not sure that people are reading the situation properly and perhaps I'm not either but it's worth considering a few facts which might possibly be related.

1. The club applied very suddenly after the GWS game for draft assistance from the AFL;

2. Paul Roos recently commented in relation to our fortunes over the past season that, among other things, we lost the services of most probably our best player, Mitch Clark, due to unusual and unforeseen circumstances; and

3. At the "Bluey" Night, Roos said we should never look back (or words to that effect).

One interpretation of these three points taken together is that perhaps the club has already decided that Clark is not in its plans (either through its own choice, that of Clark or the circumstances where both might have mutually agreed that it's best to part ways), that it wants to move forward and take other options with regard to regenerating its playing list and that it's seeking any draft assistance and possible trade benefits to cover the loss of the player.

Anyway, time will tell.

• Like 7

Is it possible that Clark approached MFC about a return, only to be told we have moved on and would try and trade him.

It just seems unfathomable to think he'd leave us for a team based in Seaford and finished last!

Double whammy- Saints may pick Petracca now.

• Like 2

One interpretation of these three points taken together is that perhaps the club has already decided that Clark is not in its plans (either through its own choice, that of Clark or the circumstances where both might have mutually agreed that it's best to part ways), that it wants to move forward and take other options with regard to regenerating its playing list and that it's seeking any draft assistance and possible trade benefits to cover the loss of the player.

Anyway, time will tell.

Interesting thoughts, Jack. That would be quite a stunning decision by the club if that was the case. A fit Mitch Clark (a big if) would be worth a lot more to us than any scant compensation we'd likely receive in return. It would explain the relative silence from Clark though.

I doubt this club can continue to take this sort of rubbish treatment... This is probably one of the most disrespectful acts, I've seen a player do to a club... This action confirms to me, that our club is almost finished... Looks like we will never be able to hold on to any talent that appears on our list again... We have become a talent holding station, for the stronger clubs to pick from at will... The AFL may as well sell our licence too Collingwood now and call us Collingwood 2... the worst part of all this is that any compensation pick or player we get from these reoccurring/yearly events, will most likely be poach in a few years time as well... jeez.. We are a mere shadow of the former club we once were and we are close to being finished, the Money has won... The AFL system is unfair and has failed us badly...

What exactly has Clark done? Do you have it on good authority he has actually said or done anything. Talk about a hair-trigger response. If you look up the expression "jumping at shadows" in the Greater Oxford Illustrated Dictionary, you will see a photo of a Demonland poster.

• Like 1

Is it possible that Clark approached MFC about a return, only to be told we have moved on and would try and trade him.

It just seems unfathomable to think he'd leave us for a team based in Seaford and finished last!

Double whammy- Saints may pick Petracca now.

This was also my first thought...... talk about getting screwed royally...

What exactly has Clark done? Do you have it on good authority he has actually said or done anything. Talk about a hair-trigger response. If you look up the expression "jumping at shadows" in the Greater Oxford Illustrated Dictionary, you will see a photo of a Demonland poster.

....or at the least their avatar.

• Like 1

Anyway, time will tell.

Wow, mass hysteria in one day. This thread has gone massive.

I agree with wj. I'll just wait and see.

If he goes ill put him in the scully, Healy, Scott Thompson bin for me.

If he plays for us, great.

I hope we can organise something decent if he does go.

I just want pj and pr to get us right as a club so when we loose players in the future it's because we didn't want them or couldn't fit them in the team like the swans, hawks and cats.

You all know if Clark goes to St.kilda , the saints will call out Christrian Petrecca with pick 1

If I was recruiting/list managing for the Saints it would make no difference to my plans.

• Like 2

Patarick Smith just said the word he has is that the team is St. Kilda. If not right pls don't shoot the messenger, in this case me!

Yes, Patrick Smith said it.

Please understand how insignificant anything that comes out of his mouth is..

These people in the media who have had no experience playing the game are just egotistical hornblowers who have nothing to lose when making definitive statements like that. I heard it too. He is a clown.

I'm more than confident Mitch will not do wrong by the club and play at another Victorian club. Whether or not he tries to get to a WA club is another matter and one that doesn't bother me too much as long as we're compensated for the loss.

Relax DL.

• Like 4

I'm not sure that people are reading the situation properly and perhaps I'm not either but it's worth considering a few facts which might possibly be related.

1. The club applied very suddenly after the GWS game for draft assistance from the AFL;

2. Paul Roos recently commented in relation to our fortunes over the past season that, among other things, we lost the services of most probably our best player, Mitch Clark, due to unusual and unforeseen circumstances; and

3. At the "Bluey" Night, Roos said we should never look back (or words to that effect).

Anyway, time will tell.

I think that is a very good hypothesis.

It would explain a lot.

The mass outrage is unnecessary. The fact that he is coming back at all gives us a bonus that we didn't expect. Somehow the shrewd managers of the club will be trying to turn this into a win.

Peter Jackson and the AFL have clearly planted all the seeds for this over the last month. We ask for a PP and everyone says no Melbourne don't deserve one. Then Mark Evans comes out and say it's only for special things like health problems ( Mitch Clark ) this is how Melbourne get 3 top 20 picks while other clubs feel sorry for poor old Melbourne again. Peter Jackson is well and truly going to give Paul Roos and the footy department every chance to get this club going again.

• Like 1

As others have alluded to it may be that the club has considered all of the risk factors in Mitch's comeback and have made a pragmatic list management decision.

• Like 1

Trade options if he goes to Saints.

1. Priority pick 3 and Clark for pick 1 - guaranteeing us Petracca

2. Saints 2nd Round Pick - 20

But hey, the saints will be wanting him to walk to the PSD.

Can report that Clark is 100% go on the comeback and his first priority is to talk to Paul Roos. Talking Footy and 7 news will go with it tonight.

Well this is interesting. Talk to him about playing for us or...?