Nick Malceski

Canplay

I'd like to see him brought in and paired up with Strauss. I think Strauss needs someone like him to lead the way and then develop into this role. I know he's been underwhelming to date, but I still think worth persevering with. Was going alright late 2013 till some [censored] kicked him in the chops.

Strauss, strauss, strauss.

So many on here are so patient with him, and contain continually rate and give him chances. I have never seen anything from him that suggests he will be anything more than a VFL player.

• Like 4

The unnamed Victoria club that continually gets swept under the rug whenever it's brought up with his manager... surely it's us? Weren't people saying 2 or 3 months ago that close friends of Malceski said he was already locked in with us? Both because Roos would give him a long contract and could pay him more than Sydney.

Obviously you can't believe everything you read on the internet, but the Roos factor has to be in play to some extent? Roos said he hadn't spoken to him in 8 weeks (in one of his final pressers for the season), so there's been dialogue of some sort.

Edited by Lamashtu

His manager said yesterday the other clubs (us and WCE presumably) had only tabled offers similar to what Sydney had so that being the case he was more likely to just stay at Sydney. The other club (GC) is offering more hence the interest.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Strauss, strauss, strauss.

So many on here are so patient with him, and contain continually rate and give him chances. I have never seen anything from him that suggests he will be anything more than a VFL player.

Couldnt agree more!

I really want Malceski. We have been talking about how we might dilute the Frawley compensation.. But would the AFL seriously drop a first band compensation just for picking up Malceski and lowering it to a 2nd band?

there must be a way we could get him without wrecking frawley compo.

there must be a way we could get him without wrecking frawley compo.

I've noticed that players announce they are 'exercising their rights as a free agent' Correct me if I'm wrong but can a player choose to 'not' exercise his rights as a free agent and just agree to be traded?

We can trade for him, but my theory is the reason no deals have been done is because we'd offer Sydney our second rounder in a trade. After seeing Waite give Carlton no compensation whatsoever, it's possible the same would happen to Sydney.

What's holding things up? We don't know if we have to use our second rounder for Stretch yet. So once we know where we stand on that, we can go to Sydney and offer a trade. This scenario can also play out if Bulldogs give us pick 6 and 26 for pick 3, but I think the club wants two first rounders in that trade.

Just my theory.

• Like 1

I've noticed that players announce they are 'exercising their rights as a free agent' Correct me if I'm wrong but can a player choose to 'not' exercise his rights as a free agent and just agree to be traded?

Yes, which gives credence to the theory that we're negotiating a trade and telling Malceski not to exercise free agency. It would be a very Paul Roos win win trade. We get a premiership player, Malceski gets reunited with his old coach on more money, Sydney get a second rounder rather than band 4 or 5 compo (potentially pick 40/58), if any compensation at all.

Gold Coast don't have a coach, and if Bomber resigns with Essendon they've pulled a Brisbane/Paul Roos. Hard to lure players without a coach in place.

• Like 1

We can trade for him, but my theory is the reason no deals have been done is because we'd offer Sydney our second rounder in a trade. After seeing Waite give Carlton no compensation whatsoever, it's possible the same would happen to Sydney.

What's holding things up? We don't know if we have to use our second rounder for Stretch yet. So once we know where we stand on that, we can go to Sydney and offer a trade. This scenario can also play out if Bulldogs give us pick 6 and 26 for pick 3, but I think the club wants two first rounders in that trade.

Just my theory.

I would be extremely disappointed if the club offered a second rounder for a 30year old with 2 years left in him who can leave for nothing. The compensation to sydney via free agency wouldnt be great. I'd assume he's worth no more than a 3rd or 4th rounder. Sydney are only offering a 1 year contract from what I have heard so he can't be that valuable to them All Australian or not.
  • Like 2

Don't we get told what our Frawley compensation is well before we trade in ernest? In that case it shouldn't effect us. Also we are a good chance of Stretch being available for our third round pick but we shall similarly know this very shortly, again before the trade hots up. I am quietly confident that we will be able to do a deal for both HL and NM utilising our Mitch trade and our Round 2.

But not it has been renamed something else and will go to players earning under 300k for rent assistance...

Would love to know the reasoning from the AFL as to how anyone earning anything north of say 80k could struggle to pay rent in any city

The fact they will be giving the allowance to players earning up to 300k is just disguating

May as well have just left the COLA in

They are both a scam and just more charity for a club that has had more than any other

• Like 1

Just my theory.

Yes, which gives credence to the theory that we're negotiating a trade and telling Malceski not to exercise free agency. It would be a very Paul Roos win win trade. We get a premiership player, Malceski gets reunited with his old coach on more money, Sydney get a second rounder rather than band 4 or 5 compo (potentially pick 40/58), if any compensation at all.

Gold Coast don't have a coach, and if Bomber resigns with Essendon they've pulled a Brisbane/Paul Roos. Hard to lure players without a coach in place.

I hope we have offered him some decent dollars which the swans can't/won't match, & he'll request to come our way by a trade.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-sydney-swans--nick-malceski

At 30Yrs of age surely a 5th or 4th Rnd pick would get the job done?

My take is, if we don't look like landing a big fish ala Danger, then we use our picks for ourselves and pick the best two available.

Then we should throw the bucks at Malcevski, so our new acquisitions are balanced with the best possible outcome.

Lubumba and Malcevski as experienced A graders and Brayshaw, Stretch, frost and Mcartin round out a beautifully balanced bunch.

Experience , running backs , talented young ,mids, a young back and a young forward.

We may even pick up a Garlett along the way so we get a crumber as well.

I think we will use 2 & 3 in the draft. We will ignore Malceski now, take Lumumba and probably bring in Gwilt and maybe Jones from St Kilda in the delisted free agency period.

Edited by Thehardtackler

GC SUNS @GoldCoastSUNS 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: The Gold Coast SUNS have signed Sydney Swans defender Nick Malceski: http://bit.ly/1BIjUiX

BzQoQHaCQAI0tZS.jpg

LOL , all reports said he was choosing between GC and Sydney and there he is already in a GC jumper

Anyways good pick up for them

Edited by hogans_heroes

Free agency is ruining the teams down the bottom of the ladder.

You gotta admit this is a super strange move, well it's not really if Malceski doesn't care about winning another flag and wants to cash up before his career finishes. Bizarre turn of events.

I've always loved him as a player, but this makes me question his motives. Very odd.

Edited by Jaded