McDonald - great under pressure

Riley - showed some endeavour

Tapscott - career ending performance

Howe - five minute performance

Bail - probably wasn't playing

M.Jones - was rarely noticed

Terlich - had no impact

Jetta - quiet before subbed

Watching this in nouméa. Lovely day, blue sky, coral reef...

And the Watts dilemma returns. I get it about the skill and setting up scoring.

But he doesn't won his own ball... I can't think of another outside skill player who doesn't win his own ball. His team mates can't rely on him and it shows.

Think of other basketballers - roughead,pendles. All get their own ball in one on ones.

Im just glad we've got Roos to make the decision

Frawley- 800k? kidding yourself

I'm sick of this bloke and the tickets (& deluded manager) must have on himself to think he's worth anywhere near a player in the top 5% in comp - I really hope he pisses off and we take the compo pick.

Frawley- 800k? kidding yourself

who cares...we wont be paying it

Watching this in nouméa. Lovely day, blue sky, coral reef...

And the Watts dilemma returns. I get it about the skill and setting up scoring.

But he doesn't won his own ball... I can't think of another outside skill player who doesn't win his own ball. His team mates can't rely on him and it shows.

Think of other basketballers - roughead,pendles. All get their own ball in one on ones.

Im just glad we've got Roos to make the decision

Leigh Matthews on 3aw basically suggested that Watts is suited to basketball, not contact sport. He didn't beat around the bush.

We might end up trading him (if the Heffernan rule allows). Watts would be a star in a top 4 team. He wouldn't have to win his own ball as much, and would be icing on the cake time and time again.

If Luke Breust played for Melbourne, he would be very Watts-like IMO. Shannon Byrnes at Geelong is basically similar although Byrnes was a fringe player at Geelong. It was always predictable though, that Byrnes would struggle at an average club.

roos was interesting on watts in the press conference.

essentially said that if he's playing his role he's reliant upon other players - and if they're not playing their role then everything falls down.

i'd like to THINK that's what the case if with watts, but unfortunately i think he's insipid and goes into his shell far, far too easily and quickly when beaten - plus he's soft as all get out in the contest.

agree completely on the calls re bruest and byrnes, tgr.

Being a bit soft on Watts - he started poorly in the first 30 seconds of the game and I remember thinking he's going to be bad today. Looked half asleep. Good players have some leadership about them. Unfortunately Jack has none. This is coming from someone who has always defended Jack on this forum. Today however I really felt disillusioned.

If Luke Breust played for Melbourne, he would be very Watts-like IMO. Shannon Byrnes at Geelong is basically similar although Byrnes was a fringe player at Geelong. It was always predictable though, that Byrnes would struggle at an average club.

Don't agree on Breust, a very good player, good skills, wins his own ball and does go hard when it's his turn.

• Like 1

Don't agree on Breust, a very good player, good skills, wins his own ball and does go hard when it's his turn.

Watch him more closely. He aint the hardest at Hawthorn. Watch how he goes to ground time and time again. In an average team, he wouldn't be worth a cracker.

Watch him more closely. He aint the hardest at Hawthorn. Watch how he goes to ground time and time again. In an average team, he wouldn't be worth a cracker.

He's not their hardest player agree but he is classy and he does go when he has to.

I used to think similar to you and have watched him, he even goes into the centre bounces at times now and clears the ball. No, I think you are being a bit unfair.

It's hard for anyone in an average team to play up forward let alone a poor team, it would of course be a lot harder for him as it is for Watts. We have bigger problems than Jack Watts.

As Roos said in his Press COnference , we are not running lines to supprt the people downfield. Look at how Geelong, Hawthorn & Sydney move the ball AND back each other up. How many times does Corey Enright receive a handball out in the open and then away he goes , because Geelong have confidence in their team mates to be around the contast. We drop off too easily and sort of think " I have done my bit, I'll have a rest for a sec". This weakness only shows up against good sides.

As Roos said in his Press COnference , we are not running lines to supprt the people downfield. Look at how Geelong, Hawthorn & Sydney move the ball AND back each other up. How many times does Corey Enright receive a handball out in the open and then away he goes , because Geelong have confidence in their team mates to be around the contast. We drop off too easily and sort of think " I have done my bit, I'll have a rest for a sec". This weakness only shows up against good sides.

Certainly have played a lot of them in recent years dimmy

Edited by old dee