Luke Tapscott, the forgotten man.

waikikkamukau

Pretty much nowhere man on todays performance, just doesn't seem to have the tricks to make it as a consistent AFL player. They really do need to give him a run at it for a few weeks though to see if he can offer anything otherwise he won't retain a place on the list next year.

Agree.. But needs at least two more games to show something..

• Like 2

It's the role they play, particularly at stoppages.

That I get but my question was directed more at why so many of our players who come into the game with excellent credentials to play that role at junior level don't produce after they come to the club? Gysberts, Tapscott, Blease, Strauss ... and if you like you can add Jurrah. All played there in their junior days but, after a number of years under various coaches, have never come close (other than Blease on one occasion when he kicked 5 goals v St. Kilda but now can't get a game in a team that averages less goals than Germany in the World Cup). What does that suggest?

I was at the game yesterday and witnessed Hell freezing over.

A lot of players weren't interested in picking up a man.

Could someone enlighten me on who was responsible for getting within 10m of James Kelly.

In case it was Tappy, that should be the last we see of him.

• Like 3

I was at the game yesterday and witnessed Hell freezing over.

A lot of players weren't interested in picking up a man.

Could someone enlighten me on who was responsible for getting within 10m of James Kelly.

In case it was Tappy, that should be the last we see of him.

Me too Tappy when we had the ball they were all over us like a rash never further than a metre.

When they have the ball we are 5 - 10 meters away or further.

• Like 2

You'd think based on Roos philosophy that he may get another gig next week but he was so disappointing yday considering what is at stake for him. Nicho only got one chance and I'd say his future at the club has already been decided. If tappy gets dropped next week he is as good as gone. If he gets another game he will need to be among our best, anything less and he is following in nichos footsteps

Will be easy to tell a bloke he's cooked when they write the script themselves.

Edited by beelzebub

That I get but my question was directed more at why so many of our players who come into the game with excellent credentials to play that role at junior level don't produce after they come to the club? Gysberts, Tapscott, Blease, Strauss ... and if you like you can add Jurrah. All played there in their junior days but, after a number of years under various coaches, have never come close (other than Blease on one occasion when he kicked 5 goals v St. Kilda but now can't get a game in a team that averages less goals than Germany in the World Cup). What does that suggest?

In order:

- Can't run

- Can't run

- Can't run

- Football sense

- Can't run

I'll give you a hint about how the game is played.

• Like 3

In order:

- Can't run

- Can't run

- Can't run

- Football sense

- Can't run

I'll give you a hint about how the game is played.

Thanks Bob, there's more than a hint of how our recruiting staff completely failed the club during the period of time in which these players were recruited ... and it confirms the view that Bailey, Neeld and now Roos were all not fully responsible for the disasters that we've witnessed in recent years right up to the present day.
  • Like 1

You have to give him another two games to be certain, but he was disappointing. The fact that he's still not fit enough to run out a game is just shocking.

I would love to know what role Roos gave him though.

Jetta and Bail both benefitted from being given clear positions, and I'm not sure Tapscott had one.

Keep going mate, there's only about 6 or 7 players you haven't verbally mutilated yet.

That may just be the number that are truly players that can take us forward as we have a multitude who cannot.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Interesting...he wouldnt have just chosen Carlton out of the Blue ..... So much goes on behind the scenes...hehe

hmmmmm..........

Sure you don't mean Blease?

I've heard Blease to Carlton a lot, and wouldn't think they'd have interested in Tapscott.

hey...they can have both !!!! ^_^

He looked tough in that photo with Sylvia in Vegas.

Interesting...he wouldnt have just chosen Carlton out of the Blue ..... So much goes on behind the scenes...hehe

hmmmmm..........

Nice dad joke there!

Garlett & Robinson for Blease & Tapscott?

I'd go for it. Our two haven't shown much

• Like 1

Barry Prendergast trying to salvage his reputation?

I can picture BP pleading to Mick Malthouse, going: "He's good, I swear. Just you wait. You'll see. You'll all see. Morton, Cook, Tapscott, Watts, Trengove, Scully. They'll all come good. Melbourne just hasn't given them enough opportunities yet."