GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

knew it , knew it...KNEW it...100 % knew it well maybe 99% :unsure:

again...it was what the AFL think is our compo not our deserts !! pack of...... .... .... .. . lovely blokes :)

now let the trade games begin !!! :)

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

And that's just about the best thing Chip has done for us in the past season.

oor-gif.gif

Funny as i remember you as a cheerleader for Chip years back. We all realise things..I do . Its confronting in a fashion as a supporter, as a spectator, as a member when . Im not trying to be smart alec just noting how transient is the view of players .

Funny as i remember you as a cheerleader for Chip years back. We all realise things..I do . Its confronting in a fashion as a supporter, as a spectator, as a member when . Im not trying to be smart alec just noting how transient is the view of players .

oor-gif.gif

I was a cheerleader in 2010 as well but there have been four seasons in between then and now and, if you want to know, he's not worth a Jatz Cracker on his form in that time so I'm with Jaded on this one.

Massive win for the club IMO he was one of the reasons I didn't mind missing the odd game this season because he and a few others looked so uninterested running around half the time.

This aspect of football and free agency is what irks me the most and it's a disgrace that the AFL and the AFLPA don't understand the damage it's doing to the game.

• Like 1

Of course I was a fan. He was a great player. Still is. But he has acted like a [censored] this year and is now dead to me.

He's not.... We stole this..Mr Fumbles goes elsewhere...thank god for that.

Anyone who goes back to look will see we were a Demonland divided.

I accept that some have this view or that, but it want unilateral by any means

I see this as a win /loss we win :)

He's not.... We stole this..Mr Fumbles goes elsewhere...thank god for that.

Anyone who goes back to look will see we were a Demonland divided.

I accept that some have this view or that, but it want unilateral by any means

I see this as a win /loss we win :)

Not a bad result today - good value for Frawley and fair pick up for Stretch!

• Like 1

What are your thoughts on how Frawley will go now he is in Hawthorn? I rekon at the Hawks he could become an all Australian next year. He'll take the best/ second best forward depending on how healthy Lake is. He doesn't need to run the ball out of defence anymore since he's got birchall and suckling around him which will means his weakness won't be exploited as much coming out of defence. He's got the ultimate chop out player in Gibson coming third man up. Hawthorn's defence is going to be very strong next year. Gibson used to have to take a power forward and try to go third man up, with Lake and Frawley there, Gibbo will be free to roam the defence as a free backman taking uncontested/ contested marks.

What are your thoughts on how Frawley will go now he is in Hawthorn? I rekon at the Hawks he could become an all Australian next year. He'll take the best/ second best forward depending on how healthy Lake is. He doesn't need to run the ball out of defence anymore since he's got birchall and suckling around him which will means his weakness won't be exploited as much coming out of defence. He's got the ultimate chop out player in Gibson coming third man up. Hawthorn's defence is going to be very strong next year. Gibson used to have to take a power forward and try to go third man up, with Lake and Frawley there, Gibbo will be free to roam the defence as a free backman taking uncontested/ contested marks.

Honestly dont give a [censored]. I only care about how we go, and he's not one of us. He can win five brownlows or get dropped back to the Keon Park All Stars for all it matters to me.

#3, on the other hand, I take a keen interest in.

• Like 3

Good riddance to an overrated player, to get pick 3 for that douchbag is a bloody good win in anyones language.....

• Like 3

if anyone boos chip next year then dont. Show him we dont care he left and we dont miss him. But also dont boo him because we get pick 3 for losing him and that is a great thing.

How can supporters boo the AFL?

Maybe booing players involved in FA etc is the only way to express displeasure with the system?

But 2 things wrong there - first, the player may not deserve it, second the AFL will interpret any emotion by the crowd to be a good thing regardless.

instead of saying frawley is an exception it would be fairer to say that franklin is the exception

he being a one-off freak probably deserved more than band 1

it's not right to compare all future fa compos against franklin as he is obviously an exception to the rule

the real issue with frawley was what a a club was prepared to pay him, in this case overs. some would say the market price determines the worth.

it's a concept most journos refuse to acknowledge even though it is the rule

and, i still think it wrong that swans get franklin without having to give up anything

ditto hawks and frawley

Just say to people; in the same way that FA wasn't meant to be an equalisation measure, Compensation wasn't meant to be fair.

It is there to compensate lower clubs on the ladder more than higher clubs.

If maths is a guide and talent is easily measurable - Hawthorn is 100 and Melbourne is 30, and Franklin is worth 10. Hawthorn lost a tenth of their talent, if we were to lose Franklin, we would lose a third of our talent.

Of course we should be compensated more.

Aven't dey 'erd ova fair go, cobba?

It's 'Straya!

• Like 1

The AFL is slipping the way of this country. Free market fundamentalism rules the governing ethos of both institutions. It sounds good on paper, everybody gets the same opportunities, trickle down effect, blah blah, but historically the reality is apparent. The rich ARE getting richer, and the poor ARE becoming poorer and more numerous. It's just the evidential fact, and there's neither the will nor the power in those who aren't the 'elite/rich' to do anything about it.

Deregulation as an excuse for greed.

If ever there was a body that is turning it's back on the genesis of its inception, it's the AFL. Our great sport that crosses class, gender, race and age like no other sport in this country, is being mismanaged.

• Like 7

Can't wait for Hogan to rip this bloke a new one !!! ^_^

The AFL is slipping the way of this country. Free market fundamentalism rules the governing ethos of both institutions. It sounds good on paper, everybody gets the same opportunities, trickle down effect, blah blah, but historically the reality is apparent. The rich ARE getting richer, and the poor ARE becoming poorer and more numerous. It's just the evidential fact, and there's neither the will nor the power in those who aren't the 'elite/rich' to do anything about it.

Deregulation as an excuse for greed.

If ever there was a body that is turning it's back on the genesis of its inception, it's the AFL. Our great sport that crosses class, gender, race and age like no other sport in this country, is being mismanaged.

Take that stuff to the 'Tony Abbott is an international embarrassment thread', Webber. I need a fellow traveler over there!