GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hnmm very interesting if true. Given his Girlfriend has strong Geelong ties, I find this astounding given my inside info! Obviously the x Hawthorn factor had more pull than either his girlfriend or the Freo ship ahoy!

Interesting!

Yours and mine didnt pan out in the end. I think as you suggest a recent change though some have thought hawthorn for some time. I dont think Freo was ever a real choice.

Will be interesting to see the value and details of his reward ( more interested in ours though )

Geelong would've offered less. For Chip to shaft his mate after dealing with him all year reeks of Chip using GFC to up his price with the Hawks. That, or the Clark rumors are true and that put the line through the Cats.

Either way, with all the reasons to go to the Cats I'm certain he would've chosen the Hawks because their offer was better. As if he would've signed for $450k over 4 years when Fremantle offered $650k over 7 years. The difference in the end would've only been a few hundred $k over 5 years. Any sane person does not turn down an extra $1.5m just because they don't want to move to another city.

Edited by Lamashtu

Hnmm very interesting if true. Given his Girlfriend has strong Geelong ties, I find this astounding given my inside info! Obviously the x Hawthorn factor had more pull than either his girlfriend or the Freo ship ahoy!

Interesting!

Geelong would've offered less. For Chip to shaft his mate after dealing with him all year reeks of Chip using GFC to up his price with the Hawks. That, or the Clark rumors are true and that put the line through the Cats.

Either way, with all the reasons to go to the Cats I'm certain he would've chosen the Hawks because their offer was better. As if he would've signed for $450k over 4 years when Fremantle offered $650k over 7 years. The difference in the end would've only been a few hundred $k over 5 years. Any sane person does not turn down an extra $1.5m just because they don't want to move to another city.

How much did Chip make off his last contract at Melbourne? The Hawks aren't stupid, they have a pay system in place, Chip would have had where he sits in that system explained to him. Play for less and win a flag next year.....sounds pretty good.

According to Jay Clark Chip has chosen the Hawks. Not surprising or unexpected.

????

really not surprising ? Read the last 100 pages - many on here had him signed, sealed and delivered to the Cats months ago. Some have been suggesting it is only about money.

That he is leaving is not unexpected or surprising but the Cats have been the very heavy favorites to get him until very recently.

They can guarantee that can they. If he's heft $1m + on the table from another top 4 club with good rospects, he's nuts. Would need a new manager for starters.

High time Frawley now indicates who he wants to play with so that the finality and planning for us can begin in earnest!

Cmon James, time to come clean and let all know!

But you know where he is going what was it to Geelong unless Freo come in likes ships in the night, Picket is never wrong or some other BS you were spouting a few weeks ago

Going to need some baby wipes to get rid of th egg of your face if he announces he wants to go to the Hawks

Shafting his mate after dealing with cats all year ? The fantasy on this board is that he had settled with Geelong months ago - the reality is more like that he decided months ago to up and leave but was then fielding offers with no guarantee to any club.

Use some logic - if you had decided to leave wouldn't you leave the decision as to where until the last moment to maximise the competitive tension between suitors and therefore push up your pay packet ?

They can guarantee that can they. If he's heft $1m + on the table from another top 4 club with good rospects, he's nuts. Would need a new manager for starters.

Just a good country spud trying to make his way in the big wide world, money doesn't drive him surely...

????

really not surprising ? Read the last 100 pages - many on here had him signed, sealed and delivered to the Cats months ago. Some have been suggesting it is only about money.

That he is leaving is not unexpected or surprising but the Cats have been the very heavy favorites to get him until very recently.

Yep..am surprised . Also one who understood it was nigh on Kattery or bust. Mine was based upon a whisper form someone who has NOTHING to do with FOOTY. She works in allied industry Tourism in geelong. Sha had absolutely no reason to make up or lie to me. Shes a niece. Thought something she overheard was of interest to me as she knows Im a Dee ( in a very large extended family of Pies..as is she ) .I dont think she was wrong in what she heard. That it didnt transpire is obvious. I think the cats will be a bit niggled ( not that i really care). As another noted does seem intriguing that no sooner does Clark say Cats that Chip says Hawks...interesting

This could be very very bad for us............

Absolutely. We will be sweating on Frawley compo big time. Makes hard to justify a first round compo if he's gone to the Hawks. You need around 650-800K a year to get a band 1 compo. Frawley won't be getting that at the Hawks.

On the open market is Frawley worth pick 3? Knowing that Free Agency compo is worth less than open market currency I'm leaning towards us not getting it. Which both saddens and infuriates me.

BUT who knows, Frawley might get a plumb contract and pull band 1 over the line, but knowing us, our luck and the AFL. I doubt it.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 2

Absolutely. We will be sweating on Frawley compo big time. Makes hard to justify a first round compo if he's gone to the Hawks. You need around 650-800K a year to get a band 1 compo. Frawley won't be getting that at the Hawks.

On the open market is Frawley worth pick 3? Knowing that Free Agency compo is worth less than open market currency I'm leaning towards us not getting it. Which both saddens and infuriates me.

BUT who knows, Frawley might get a plumb contract and pull band 1 over the line, but knowing us, our luck and the AFL. I doubt it.

Careful Song, the resident doctors will diagnose you with MFCSS.

What will work in our favor is the outrage at the premiership team signing a free agent. The AFL won't want to perpetuate the belief that little clubs get absolutely screwed while big clubs take all the talent.

The premiers losing Buddy to Sydney was bad, but both were premiership contenders the year after. For the worst team to have their free agent poached by the premiers stinks and AFL House will hopefully ensure band one compo so it looks like we're being handsomely compensated.

ESPECIALLY when we got screwed with no PP AND screwed after looking out for Clark only for him to walk to another top 4 team. The AFL need to go into PR mode here because people will start turning away from the game.

• Like 3

Careful Song, the resident doctors will diagnose you with MFCSS.

ah..two Esses...cheers

something else i got errant today !! :unsure:

• Like 1

Interesting!

You have no sources PF.

You pull all this rubbish out of your rear end.

it not the contract amt that determines compo

it's amount + #years + player age

don't forget frawley is young and will draw a longish contract

• Like 1

So the rich get richer and the poor remain poor....thanks AFL.

Just stop blurting out your hypocritical equalization propaganda and admit that tus is how you would prefer it to remain, as it generates more predictable TV revenue.

what is that?

Melbourne Football Club Supporters Syndrome

"Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong, and it will be even worse than what we thought is was going to be. And when things are going right, it will only be a matter of time before this is corrected."

Dr rpfc

• Like 6