End of year delistings

bandicoot

Schneider and Dempster?

A quick look at this trade via google, the Swans got pick #26, a 2nd Rounder from St Kilda for these two. Turned into Brett Meredith who returned

an underwhelming 16 games and ten goals in 5 years of footy..

GWS would want to pull their finger out and start showing a shred of competitiveness, because they won't be able to lure anyone up there to the badlands. Similarly, players will be refusing to re-sign and begging for trades back home.

Right now they seem totally happy scooping up the top draft picks every year (could they be wooden spooners yet again??), but Melbourne fans know better than anyone that top draft picks aren't worth a pinch of goat [censored] without leadership and culture to teach them the game.

Definitely a 2 year deal

I don't have any evidence to back it up, so I'll have to concede, but I could have sworn we offered him a third. Ah well. I stand corrected in that case.

GWS may have a need for a powerful body? for 2 yrs?

A powerful body needs to get the ball though. Unfortunately, as it stands, Luke struggles in this area.

These sorts of posts make me feel so old. I've seen this post 1000 times before. Different names but same content: every year some fresh faced poster wants to put the 38th-44th players on our list on the trade table.

The other clubs do not want our garbage any more than we want theirs. Nobody is going to trade anything worthwhile for Tapscott or Blease. Unless they have a miraculous change of form, their AFL careers are drawing to a close.

I'd normally scoff at these types of posts too, but these days I'm not so sure. When blokes like Chris Johnson were picked up by Carlton and as 'Lamashtu' rightly points out, Shaun Hampson, any of our strugglers could get a game elsewhere. Particularly, in a competition that is spread quite thin for quality, due to the advent of GCS and GWS.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 1

He signed a three year deal. He's been cruelled by injury, but when he has had a run at it, he's not particularly impressive in any one area. There's a little bit of Bail in him, but he seems to be on the outer at the moment.

Definitely a 2 year deal

2 years

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-06-06/evans-signs-new-deal-with-dees

These sorts of posts make me feel so old. I've seen this post 1000 times before. Different names but same content: every year some fresh faced poster wants to put the 38th-44th players on our list on the trade table.

The other clubs do not want our garbage any more than we want theirs. Nobody is going to trade anything worthwhile for Tapscott or Blease. Unless they have a miraculous change of form, their AFL careers are drawing to a close.

Or we might end up doing a pick 70-odd for Rhyce Shaw type deal, when he went to the swans.

In the scenario we might find a player has a willing taker but as far as we're concerned it might as well just be a delisting consider the return we'd get.

Obviously now with delisted FA these deals are more rare.

The only reasoning for it to happen is if a player is somehow still under contract but the club has lost all patience with them.

They already traded for a muscled up spud this year in Josh Hunt.

Yes they may be able to do something with Tappy, to try to get him back to the footy he was showing 3 years back. He's in his fifth season. he wasn't half bad in 2011.

# Josh hunt was over 2 seasons ago. the Cats carried him.

Edited by dee-luded

Or we might end up doing a pick 70-odd for Rhyce Shaw type deal, when he went to the swans.

In the scenario we might find a player has a willing taker but as far as we're concerned it might as well just be a delisting consider the return we'd get.

Obviously now with delisted FA these deals are more rare.

The only reasoning for it to happen is if a player is somehow still under contract but the club has lost all patience with them.

e.g Cale Morton

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There needs to be a serious clean out at years end..

Mckenzie- gone

Blease- gone

Strauss- gone

Nicholson- gone

Evans - gone

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys aren't gone too : Terlich, Tapscott, Fitzpatrick, Bail(although he has played every game this yr)

• Like 1

How in the hell Jordie McKenzie gets a game at AFL level has me stumped !

He maybe able to contain opposition players but his skills are appalling, he would have to be the slowest player in the AFL.

He would not get a game at any other team in the comp and either would:

Bail

Blease

Nicholson

Evans

Strauss

Spencer (how did he get a new contract???)

Fitzpatrick

Clisby

Georgiou

Toumpas, Watts, Grimes, Jamar & Dawes traid bait.

Terlich & Matt Jones hang on just.

Time to be ruthless & turn this place around.

• Like 1

How in the hell Jordie McKenzie gets a game at AFL level has me stumped !

He maybe able to contain opposition players but his skills are appalling, he would have to be the slowest player in the AFL.

He would not get a game at any other team in the comp and either would:

Bail

Blease

Nicholson

Evans

Strauss

Spencer (how did he get a new contract???)

Fitzpatrick

Clisby

Georgiou

Toumpas, Watts, Grimes, Jamar & Dawes traid bait.

Terlich & Matt Jones hang on just.

Time to be ruthless & turn this place around.

Trade bate? These players have just been signed or are mid contract..

Theres ruthless and theres stupid.. Ruthless letting Frawley go.. Stupid, delisting James McDonald..

Those players listed as trade bait, we would be stupid to trade..

Trade bate? These players have just been signed or are mid contract..

Theres ruthless and theres stupid.. Ruthless letting Frawley go.. Stupid, delisting James McDonald..

Those players listed as trade bait, we would be stupid to trade..

You've got to give up something to get something back.

Agree with others it will be ruthless, Roos has had a good look this year and his comments of late are hinting towards as many delistings/list changes as last season at least. I'm not up an ll current contract situations so if someone is still in contract and on that list well I apologise in advance

Blease

Evans

Terlich

Byrnes - Retired

Clark Retired

Clisby

Nicholson

Fitzpatrick

Strauss

Mckenzie

That's 10, without Frawley who will more than likely make it 11. Some on the list may be unlucky but it's a cut throat business and that is footy, on top of those 10 we are going to have to face facts others who we may be loath to lose may have to be traded. Interesting period ahead

Clark, Byrnes, Frawley, Tapscott, Strauss, Blease, Terlich, and Nicholson gives 8 vacancies.

That's enough.

Jetta, ND 3, 4, 21, Stretch, 60, 79, and a DFA will see us mine as much talent as we can get.

Any more vacancies and we will be getting in some very speculative talent.

Hopefully, 60 and the DFA can get us Malceski and either a Riley type or an O'Keefe type.

And trade the 4 and the 21 for some established players I hope.

This October is again, a very important month for the club.

• Like 3

Clark, Byrnes, Frawley, Tapscott, Strauss, Blease, Terlich, and Nicholson gives 8 vacancies.

That's enough.

Jetta, ND 3, 4, 21, Stretch, 60, 79, and a DFA will see us mine as much talent as we can get.

Any more vacancies and we will be getting in some very speculative talent.

Hopefully, 60 and the DFA can get us Malceski and either a Riley type or an O'Keefe type.

And trade the 4 and the 21 for some established players I hope.

This October is again, a very important month for the club.

Perfect assessment rpfc - could not agree more.