Casey Scorpions v Sandringham

Whispering_Jack

He played mainly midfield, but also up forward at times. Actually presented pretty well as a medium forward at times and showed good hands overhead.

I think he has a lot of good 'footballer' traits (good hands, hardness, etc) but alsoI was very impressed by his pace for an inside player. I think that we have a good AFL level footballer here in the making.

Thanks for that. Hopefully he will step up in due course.

OMG

Jesse was smiling?? Are you sure it was him?

This could be just the news we wanted to hear....

Oh no! A MFC player caught smiling!! Shock!! Horror !! Weren't some of our players caught smiling under Neeld during a loss? We are clearly doomed.

He played mainly midfield, but also up forward at times. Actually presented pretty well as a medium forward at times and showed good hands overhead.

I think he has a lot of good 'footballer' traits (good hands, hardness, etc) but alsoI was very impressed by his pace for an inside player. I think that we have a good AFL level footballer here in the making.

His idol/favorite player is Nathan Jones. Strap yourself to that man Harmes, and you will be just fine.

Some unjustified criticism of Jimmy Toumpas on here. Last week he was on his way to promotion to the AFL when a knock incurred relatively early in the game put him out for the day. I know that if you're picked to play there are no excuses but I think that its rare that a player stars the week after such a knock and I think the club was expecting not much more from him but to get a few kicks and get through the game which is exactly what he did.

• Like 8

Really? That's your contribution? You thought that what you said was important enough for people to know that you wanted to post it onto the internet forever?

In answer to your question, Chaser, yes he did play. Seemed to get through uninjured.

and you think we all ware interested in your boorish ways. think again stick to your clique. & leave us plebs do our thing re our club, jabba.

and you think we all ware interested in your boorish ways. think again stick to your clique. & leave us plebs do our thing re our club, jabba.

And the irony is that I was responding to a question where the person genuinely was interested in what I had to say. I was even thanked for it.

• Like 1

And the irony is that I was responding to a question where the person genuinely was interested in what I had to say. I was even thanked for it.

the irony is all yours to hold spunj

not all comments from people have to be interesting to all. flippant remarks are also welcome on footy forums. & don't have to add to your self oriented thoughts of what's interesting to you, & yours.

some just enjoy some fun between posters, you can and do use your discretion of choosing who you read. but to tell other senior supporters what they can do personally, is just your own overinflated self-importance.

any who, back to your self indulgence. don't let us mere footy plebs keep you wrongfrom the AFL's work.

Edited by dee-luded

The most positive thing about the reviews are that they seem to be working on the right things. Or at least acknowledging the things that need work. It's not a star studded line up our back ups.

The other thing I like is the positional versatility that they are giving guys.

Gotta say those player reviews on the MFC website look very unimpressive for AFL listed players bar a small few.

Yes I hope Brett Allison is a perfectionist because it is not great reading but we know from the reports our boys were very average. We need leg speed but Blease is still trying to learn the same defensive lessons for the past 5 years. Barry is still learning to run to the right spots! Not holding my breath there. Hunt has speed, is playing down back but giving his man 3 to 4 meters space? dont these kids learn some basics in under age? Oh well a first year project player there.

Strauss sounds like he is coasting and Toumpas needs to work on his delivery!! A number 4 midfield draft pick should be putting it lace out to a target at VFL level surely? I will love it if Jimmy makes it big time but I am wondering what his weapons are. Not leg speed, not size and aggression and now not delivery. Anyway the spare parts cupboard looks very bare I am afraid. Boy we need some draft help to rebuild this list.

Yes I hope Brett Allison is a perfectionist because it is not great reading but we know from the reports our boys were very average. We need leg speed but Blease is still trying to learn the same defensive lessons for the past 5 years. Barry is still learning to run to the right spots! Not holding my breath there. Hunt has speed, is playing down back but giving his man 3 to 4 meters space? dont these kids learn some basics in under age? Oh well a first year project player there.

Strauss sounds like he is coasting and Toumpas needs to work on his delivery!! A number 4 midfield draft pick should be putting it lace out to a target at VFL level surely? I will love it if Jimmy makes it big time but I am wondering what his weapons are. Not leg speed, not size and aggression and now not delivery. Anyway the spare parts cupboard looks very bare I am afraid. Boy we need some draft help to rebuild this list.

Most of the guys we have drafted have been rated by all and sundry in their draft years. How can a guy like Toumpas be rated top 1 or 2 all draft year, lead his state physically and spiritually, play an integral part in their team, play and really contribute in a senior SANFL Grand Final with best on ground rating? How can a guy that has achieved all of this with absolute belief in his ability, come to our Club and flounder so badly. There have been some good performances, but how???? It has happened too often to be as simplistic as just picking the wrong guy. The culture of the MFC is infected and I believe only PJ, Roosy and his Coaching group can change this. They will need time. As a supporter base we have to stop cultivating and feeding this cultural embarrassment that is our Club. Give PJ and Roos the time that is desperately needed to change the last 50 years.

• Like 2

Most of the guys we have drafted have been rated by all and sundry in their draft years. How can a guy like Toumpas be rated top 1 or 2 all draft year, lead his state physically and spiritually, play an integral part in their team, play and really contribute in a senior SANFL Grand Final with best on ground rating? How can a guy that has achieved all of this with absolute belief in his ability, come to our Club and flounder so badly. There have been some good performances, but how???? It has happened too often to be as simplistic as just picking the wrong guy. The culture of the MFC is infected and I believe only PJ, Roosy and his Coaching group can change this. They will need time. As a supporter base we have to stop cultivating and feeding this cultural embarrassment that is our Club. Give PJ and Roos the time that is desperately needed to change the last 50 years.

I am with you Sambo but I do think we have simply picked the wrong guy in too many but not all instances. First round draft picks are potential gems but we have burnt too many over the last 10 years to make us competitive.

I thought it was great reading personally.. i love the honesty and openness so supporters know why certain players are not in the seniors and what they need to work on. I mean the players would be getting even more honest feedback than this so im sure they have no issues with it. Bout time they let supporters in,

• Like 2

The statistics:

Dom Barry 12 disposals 7 kicks 5 handballs 1 marks 3 tackles 43 Dream Team Points

Sam Blease 1 goal 16 disposals 8 kicks 8 handballs 2 marks 5 tackles 69 Dream Team Points

Mitch Clisby 18 disposals 13 kicks 5 handballs 5 marks 3 tackles 73 Dream Team Points

Michael Evans 20 disposals 10 kicks 10 handballs 7 tackles 79 Dream Team Points

Jack Fitzpatrick 15 disposals 9 kicks 6 handballs 5 marks 2 tackles 17 hit outs 76 Dream Team Points

Colin Garland 5 disposals 5 kicks 3 marks 3 tackle 25 Dream Team Points [injured]

Max Gawn 1 point 20 disposals 9 kicks 11 handballs 4 marks 4 tackles 44 hit outs 121 Dream Team Points

James Harmes 10 disposals 5 kicks 5 handballs 3 marks 7 tackles 62 Dream Team Points[injured]

Jayden Hunt 4 disposals 3 kicks 1 handballs 3 tackles 20 Dream Team Points

Jordie McKenzie 29 disposals 14 kicks 15 handballs 11 tackles 1 hit out 122 Dream Team Points

Dan Nicholson 23 disposals 14 kicks 9 handballs 5 marks 73 Dream Team Points

Aidan Riley 18 disposals 5 kicks 13 handballs 1 mark 6 tackles 62 Dream Team Points

James Strauss 14 disposals 5 kicks 9 handballs 3 marks 1 tackle 46 Dream Team Points

Luke Tapscott 1 point 9 disposals 6 kicks 3 handballs 3 marks 6 tackles 52 Dream Team Points

Jimmy Toumpas 2 behinds 16 disposals 11 kicks 5 handballs 4 marks 2 tackles 62 Dream Team Points

McKenzie and Gawn stand out as the candidates for promotion. Possibly Colin Garland if he's pulled up OK.

harmes, his stats for half a game are quite good.

I reckon once hes had a little more experience he will be a gem.

played a ripper the week before, apparently needs to work on disposal.

Pretty sure he racked up 30 possessions last week. not bad for a first year kid in one of his first VFL games.

over the last few seasons, a lot of players had lost confidence, & a lot of ideas were tried to try not to turn the ball over.. being too cautious would be one mechanism to try to be safer with disposal, & consequently can make one go into a conservative shell. instead of being Bold & have an 'take the game on attitude', with discipline.

Damaged players.

Straussy after all his issues, maybe trying too hard, to not muck up. he may need to re-learn to trust himself, as many no doubt would. to break out of an over conservative cycle. and to just enjoy his footy again. have some fun.

An area of fault with the Mfc as a club, is inhibition. if that spreads thru all who walk its corridors, its a big ask to succeed.