• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Players to target at the end of the year

I'd say O'keefe is a fair chance, he is still playing good footy, knows the swans culture we're aiming for

Cross has had a significant match day impact, that aside - the line we are all fed is that having blokes of his professional caliber is supposed to filter down to the younger players in the group - is it true though? If you get Cross, or O'Keefe or whoever, does their value really last beyond the actual games they contribute for the club? I have seen zero evidence that any kid has 'learnt' anything from a pro like Cross, or any other lat-career import over the last decade, from their presence being at the club. Does Jack Watts play any differently whatsoever as a result of Dawes being here? Did anybody gain anything whatsoever from having 'dual-premiership player' Shannon Byrnes at the club? I smell BS

Edited by Curry & Beer

Cross has had a significant match day impact, that aside - the line we are all fed is that having blokes of his professional caliber is supposed to filter down to the younger players in the group - is it true though?

yeah its true for the players with a clue and heart and pride in their performance

Ill bet hes rubbed off on the likes of Viney and Tyson at the least

But there are some players we have that even jesus christ himself couldnt save (if h existed). These clowns will be culled by Roos

Edited by hogans_heroes

Guest BernieTheManVince

I have heard the following: take it at what you will.

- Sharrod Wellingham. Has fallen through with Simmo at WCE and has requested a trade back to Melbourne and we have spoken to his management.

- Tyson Goldsack. Has put off all contract talks at Collingwood and that we have spoken to him and are in the box seat to get him. Roosy is a big fan of his.

- Nick Malceski. 90% will be a Dee, the only other team who has shown interest is North Melbourne.

- Ryan O'Keefe. Not likely to see him as a Dee as the Hawks are into him heavily.

- North has shown interest in Dean Kent. Not sure on his contract status?

Also don't be suprised if Roosy and co delist/trade up to 11-12 players this season. Frawley is gone to Collingwood btw.

Strauss - Delisted
McKenzie - Delisted
Byrnes - Retired
Clark - Retired
Frawley - Traded
Nicholson - Delisted
Evans - Delisted
Tapscott - Delisted
Blease - Delisted
Jones - Delisted
Terlich - Delisted
Fitzpatrick - Delisted
Pretty sure some have contracts but from the sounds of it, Roosy has had enough and will do a mass cull to fix up the culture and our skills.
Sunday was an embarrassment. We are going to be huge players in Trade Week/Free Agency. Roosy wants success as soon as possible, so we will probably will have only 2-3 selections in the ND.
  • Like 5

Wouldn't mind Wellingham and Goldsack. They're both 26 or so, so good age bracket for us in they'd be senior guys with 100+ games experience, but still have a few years left in them if they perform.
Wellingham has been disappointing at West Coast. Injuries have played a part in his poor form, but he was tearing it up at Collingwood before the move. He would add a bit of pace and aggression to our midfield. He'd be a good get IMO.
Goldsack would add a solid option up forward for us. Our backline is fairly settled, and with Frawley likely going Goldsack would be a good third tall. He's a physical player like Dawes, and is very versatile. Could do worse than him.

Malceski, obviously would be a great pick up as previously mentioned.

I'd hope we don't trade Kent. He's one of our few youngsters to show anything. I also think he signed a contract extension until end of 2015 or 2016?

Looking at that list, I agree most of those will be gone one way or another. I think Matt Jones and maybe Terlich will be ok, as we still need depth to get us through this period even if they aren't around in a few years when we are performing better.
Jordie Mckenzie signed a 3 year contract, for some inexplicable reason it was offered, which means we're probably stuck with him for another 2 years.

• Like 1

I have heard the following: take it at what you will.

- Sharrod Wellingham. Has fallen through with Simmo at WCE and has requested a trade back to Melbourne and we have spoken to his management.

- Tyson Goldsack. Has put off all contract talks at Collingwood and that we have spoken to him and are in the box seat to get him. Roosy is a big fan of his.

- Nick Malceski. 90% will be a Dee, the only other team who has shown interest is North Melbourne.

- Ryan O'Keefe. Not likely to see him as a Dee as the Hawks are into him heavily.

- North has shown interest in Dean Kent. Not sure on his contract status?

Also don't be suprised if Roosy and co delist/trade up to 11-12 players this season. Frawley is gone to Collingwood btw.

Strauss - Delisted
McKenzie - Delisted
Byrnes - Retired
Clark - Retired
Frawley - Traded
Nicholson - Delisted
Evans - Delisted
Tapscott - Delisted
Blease - Delisted
Jones - Delisted
Terlich - Delisted
Fitzpatrick - Delisted
Pretty sure some have contracts but from the sounds of it, Roosy has had enough and will do a mass cull to fix up the culture and our skills.
Sunday was an embarrassment. We are going to be huge players in Trade Week/Free Agency. Roosy wants success as soon as possible, so we will probably will have only 2-3 selections in the ND.

id take all of that.

sounds good.

the only one that i think is more likely to be kept than the others is jones, based on the number of games he played and the run he provides.

Thanks for posting BTMV. Bulldust or not, it is interesting reading. I wouldn't be all that unhappy if that scenario played out (although Wellingham has stunk it up big time of late so wouldn't want to be moving heaven and earth to get him)

Guest BernieTheManVince

No worries P-man.

From what I was hearing, we wanted to pick up Wellingham as a Delisted Free Agent or in the Pre-season draft but doubt WCE will delist or allow him to walk.

Didn't Fitzy sign a 2 year deal last year aswell?

Surely we could try and trade Fitzy and McKenzie out. btw McKenzie and Jake Spencer would have to be the worst kicks in the AFL. We really need some polish. Malceski and Wellingham will help that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a crack at the Cannon at the Suns 'Trent McKenzie'. We need good ball users and speed.

Guest BernieTheManVince

Stay away from Wellingham IMO, bad news and when I seen him playing in the WAFL really poor attitude and work ethic.

Similiar was said with Ben Mcglynn and Josh Kennedy at Hawthorn wasn't it?

Some players need a good rocket.

No their attitude was never questioned they just couldn't break in regularly to that side

Wellingham is not putting in the hard work required and on what I have seen has not been willing to work hard when he doesn't have the ball. And there are other reasons which I will leave there

• Like 1

I remember thinking O'Keefe was the best player in the competition. Guys I seriously reckon he can do a Boomer Harvey. I've heard he lives an extremely healthy lifestyle and is determined to keep playing AFL. Maybe we could get 3 good years off him despite him turning 34 next year.

I'd be happy with One M96, but if he can turn it on for more, then the merrier... quality is the thing we need, a strong steer-er for this titanic, to turn it away from the berg.

I think we can all see we need Leaders of great character, to shine the way forward. Our good boys are brought up living within the cave of darkness, & know no other way.

we need to bring in the best leaders from outside who have experienced strong cultures, & can bring that with them. Crossy showed he is one, but we need more Elders who the kids can look to for guidance out there, & who can also tell the hard truths when required as well.

If I had my way, I would have Four elders on our senior List... I would at least like to see Crossy, RO'K, & LBall in the red & blue. And they could rotate amongst one another between seniors & VFL,, leading & teaching our boys.

I'd be happy with One M96, but if he can turn it on for more, then the merrier... quality is the thing we need, a strong steer-er for this titanic, to turn it away from the berg.

I think we can all see we need Leaders of great character, to shine the way forward. Our good boys are brought up living within the cave of darkness, & know no other way.

we need to bring in the best leaders from outside who have experienced strong cultures, & can bring that with them. Crossy showed he is one, but we need more Elders who the kids can look to for guidance out there, & who can also tell the hard truths when required as well.

If I had my way, I would have Four elders on our senior List... I would at least like to see Crossy, RO'K, & LBall in the red & blue. And they could rotate amongst one another between seniors & VFL,, leading & teaching our boys.

I like that

I think there is some truth to that, although to hear Roos say there are players who are not listening even lends itself to the idea of recruiting more experience at the top end to show the younger fellas what it's all about. It's one thing to tell them, but to have others to demonstrate every day at training and on game day is something else altogether.

As I said before, the recruitment of a mature age player would need to be a strategic - if there is no one out there who Roos thinks would be beneficial to the list then I have no doubt he won't recruit them. But if someone comes up for the right price who can bring something valuable to our list while still contributing to a good level (eg. Malceski) then I also have no doubt that Roos will go hard to recruit them.

Edit - And you only need to read the article on how hard Cross has worked to come back from his injury and the example that sets and you realise that having a guy with that experience and work ethic on our list can only be a good thing. If the opportunity to get another player like Cross comes along then I would hope the club has no hesitation in taking them.

the 'not listening part' is surely a hangover from the old culture that's dogged this club for generations... the lazy, play boy, self defeatist, near enough culture, that was there before Barass returned. that culture was killed off for a time, & it showed during late 80's thru early 90's.

Our players over the decades are feted as Stars upstairs over the decades; for doing "Sweet Fu@& All"...... this is how this culture begins. hobnobbing whislt doing nothing of note... treated like champions, but playing like nobody's. how many more of our kids will turn out lazy & unfulfilled Talents. to be sent west to Freo to try to straighten them out???

it is Our culture that haunts us and our wasted talents, because we spoil them Off-Field, even when the play like carp.

Really excited about Salem, he's really shown how smart he is. Far less excited about Toumpas and Tregrove. Wouldn't be sad if they were traded.

Alot of supporters have short term vision about Trengove. He was an absolute jet in 2011 and had injury riddled 2012 and 2013's. I think he will be our 3rd or second best midfielder once he gets continuity in his game.

Salem will be a gun.

I think the way Toumpas's development is going, highlights the fact that he can be a really good AFL player, played some really solid VFL and actually wasnt horrible when in the senior side this year.

• Like 3

Strauss - Delisted
McKenzie - Delisted
Byrnes - Retired
Clark - Retired
Frawley - Traded
Nicholson - Delisted
Evans - Delisted
Tapscott - Delisted
Blease - Delisted
Jones - Delisted
Terlich - Delisted
Fitzpatrick - Delisted

We all enjoy the rumours but the desire to see 11-12 deletions is just a morbid belief that the grass is greener on the other 'hypothetical' side.

ND3, 4, 21, 41, 60, 80, DFA, DFA, and Jetta is 9 spots on the Primary List.

To get more without using ND95, 110, and 120 (or more likely the last three picks in the draft) will take several trades where we 'trade down' and get a player. Frankly, it would be unprecedented in trading in the AFL for us to turn 3, 4, and 21 into 6 players which is what I think some of you are envisioning.

Taylor Hunt from Geelong? I believe out of contract at end of season

Have heard from a really good source that Geelong will offer Melbourne Taylor Hunt in a straight swap for Blease.

They like Blease and just think he needs some love and to be part of a good side.

I was a bit surprised to hear that apparently Taylor Hunt isn't the hardest worker.

I would be rapt to get anything for Blease as I thought he would be a delist.

Taylor Hunt is a run with player and we would still have Cross next season as well, so McKenzie's final year should be paid out. It's not like we could be anywhere near 100% of the salary cap given half the list are not up to it.

• Like 2

Stay away from Wellingham IMO, bad news and when I seen him playing in the WAFL really poor attitude and work ethic.

No their attitude was never questioned they just couldn't break in regularly to that side

Wellingham is not putting in the hard work required and on what I have seen has not been willing to work hard when he doesn't have the ball. And there are other reasons which I will leave there

Under previous regiemes i would say no to Wellingham. With Roos in charge I would say yes if he is available. He has the talent.

The more experience in the team the better

Roos & a good rocket won't help Wellingham. Believe 'Pennant' on this one, I couldn't believe WC took him on after the problems they had in the recent past.

• Like 1

People have short memories in regards to Wellingham. When we were trying to chase him along with Dawes he refused to meet with us same deal as Luke Ball did back in 2010.

They can go and get stuffed

Most overated player in the competition.

• Like 3

People have short memories in regards to Wellingham. When we were trying to chase him along with Dawes he refused to meet with us same deal as Luke Ball did back in 2010.

They can go and get stuffed

Most overated player in the competition.

Yep, Wellingham wanted to go to the club he grew up barracking for.