Jesse Hogan Injury Update?

dazzledavey36

Incredibly frustrating that he played all of last year but was ineligible.

It seems that when we get serious injuries it virtually guarantees we won't see the player again.....

God we are cursed.

because i speak the truth and I am right every single time

I admit that is astounding

correct - you get it right every time about 10% of the time.

• Like 2

Ever thought that he may not, with an uncertain injury, have been offered an extension at this stage, or even that he may be "doing the right thing" and declined to negotiate just in case he is not able to continue (heaven forbid)??

He was offered the extension before the injury.

because i speak the truth and I am right every single time

I admit that is astounding

"Roos isnt coming to the MFC, and I dont care one bit" - Hogans_Heroes July 30th, 2013.

Every time ?

• Like 14

And some peanut above called Pennant St Dee has a go at me when i question our deplorable injury management and rehab practices

FFS - yes, he had a sore back before being kneed. So does that necessarily mean that the knee aggravated a preexisting injury : maybe the knee did it? Did you see X-rays or scans before the kneeing? If not you are only speculating - AND as frustrated by our injuries as all of us. It is a brutal contact sport. Injuries happen. We do seem to get more than our fair share which frustrates even more as we have been struggling and can't afford the missing stars and potential stars. Edited by monoccular

For all we know, Hogan insisted on being played despite knowing he wasn't 100 per cent. It's a symptomatic injury so medical probably relied on his word. If he voiced concern of any sort, they wouldn't have played him.

Anyway, we've been patient enough thus far. If we have to wait until next season to see him, so be it. If we continue to be supportive and caring throughout this period, he will hopefully feel somewhat indebted to showing us a commitment in return for our patience.

I happy to wait with Jessie... Give him all the time he needs... We didn't wait with watts and we jumped to early with the Trengove captaincy... Id say the longer we wait the better... Maybe give him two three game at the end of the year... And make sure he has plenty of big man support... Playing him without Dawes, Jamar and Fitzpatrick in the team, may lead to him losing confidence... He'll need a lot of cover from them, so he can ease his way in to the team full time...

• Like 1

I am getting some bad karma about all this. Fingers crossed I suppose but I am mindful of the worst case scenarios that we always seem to have to deal with at this club.

This has got to be so frustrating for him. He played all of last year with practically no issues to speak of until he copped a minor knee injury for Casey at the end, was being managed over the pre-season (makes me wonder whether this sounded out earlier) and then bang right at the end of pre-season his back puts him out.

I totally agree with the approach the club is taking, at the end of the day his wellbeing is the best thing for both the club and player. We want him here for the long haul and if we look after him hopefully he and his family with feel a sense paying the faith. Looking for him to notch up a few games late in the season and as someone said he should play with the protection of Dawes around.

Can't shake a very bad feeling about young hoges... I've run into about 3 times in the last few months out and about. Doesn't seem to be a very happy bloke. Seems to just mope around. Of course could just be his personality but just dosnt look like a happy guy. Can't help but feel if he doesn't get on the park soon and form some sort of bond with the other guys he's guna end up asking for a trade home. I left the game tonight straight after the final siren went and started walking into Richmond. When I got to the precinct, I saw hogan walking up the street, stop and peer into the window and then keep walking. I would have thought he would have been in the rooms with the rest of the team after the game but no. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I had the same feeling with scully... Rant over

Who has not peered into the Precinct wondering whether its open or not? It always looks shut 'cept when you go by late at night and for reasons only known to themselves youthful types are queuing to get in down the side street. Back in the day it was much easier to work out if The Depot was open.

No rush with Jessie Hogan. I doubt the club is taking any risks with his long term future.

FFS - yes, he had a sore back before being kneed. So does that necessarily mean that the knee aggravated a preexisting injury : maybe the knee did it? Did you see X-rays or scans before the kneeing? If not you are only speculating - AND as frustrated by our injuries as all of us. It is a brutal contact sport. Injuries happen. We do seem to get more than our fair share which frustrates even more as we have been struggling and can't afford the missing stars and potential stars.

I agree with everything EXCEPT that we get more than our fair share. Looking at injury lists since the beginning of the season we are better than some and worse than others. I think the big difference is that our talent pool is so thin we cannot afford to have anyone who is half decent out injured.

• Like 6

I agree with everything EXCEPT that we get more than our fair share. Looking at injury lists since the beginning of the season we are better than some and worse than others. I think the big difference is that our talent pool is so thin we cannot afford to have anyone who is half decent out injured.

That nails it nutbean

Not sure what would make GWS want to give away a former number 1 pick in Patton, one they have put 3 years into developing.

Unless he suffers another serious injury, in which case - why would we want to go near him?

To have the best forward line on paper?

• Like 1

Can't shake a very bad feeling about young hoges... I've run into about 3 times in the last few months out and about. Doesn't seem to be a very happy bloke.

Why are you surprised he may not be 'happy'? He wants to get out and play football, he sees his cohorts playing every week, and all he can probably feel is debilitating back pain and limited movement.

Back pain is notorious to fix. On top of that there may be some social stigma that it's not 'real', even though it can be one of the mpost severe pains you can experience (maybe short of kidney or gall stones).

I damaged my back with a pulled muscle last year doing something as simple bending over to do up a shoe lace. It took six weeks (aided by Dr Voltaren) just to get over that. The pain was excruciating, every move hurt, and I was just trying to walk and sit without agony, let alone run or play football.

• Like 1

They have Boyd to fill the void. ;)

Well who knows, maybe Patton will want to come back home. I ran into him plenty of times in Melbourne over the last two years during the season (while he was injured), so the club didn't even force him to stay up in Sydney during recovery.

And the fact is they'll have to start offering low ball contracts to all their players showing potential, while player managers start asking for offers from other clubs. We will have more salary cap space this year than any other team in the league.

• Like 1

Patton, Dawes and Hogan.. now there's a forward line the rest of the competition would [censored] their pants over.

lol

"Jurrah, Watts, Wonna, now there's a forward line the rest of the competition would [censored] their pants over."

"Clarke, Jurrah, Watts, now there's a forward line the rest of the competition would [censored] their pants over."

"Dawes, Clark, Howe, Hogan, now there's a forward line the rest of the competition would [censored] their pants over."

"Patton, Dawes, Hogen, now there's a...."

*head, desk*

• Like 7