My highlights

Jkh rundown of cripps

Pedo's goal

Howes grab

Warnocks punch and free kick

M jones tackle

Singing the song for the first time with my infant son

Go dees

Don't forget JKH goal over his shoulder that ran on into a goal.

• Like 4

Nathan Jones ranked 109 in the AFL player rankings absolutely destroys Marc murphey ranked 28 as well as collecting BOG honours again, shows just how underrated our skipper is

• Like 10

Spencer's second efforts is what melbourne has been misssIng for so long, his efforts alone will keep him in the team, had some support from pederson but at this stage Jamar and Gawn have to play some good footy to keep him out of the side. We'll done

Spencer was good against the Saints as well.

He has been underrated this year.

I think Jamar is the better tap ruckman, but that is all Jamar can do.

I'd rather have a ruckman who cannot kick - but kicks - than a ruckman who can kick, but is afraid to.

Jamar isn't done though, when running at full capacity, Mark Jamar is the most important player in our side.

Dawes was great, Watts was good. Without Trengove we are a much better side, we aren't one down.

Thank you boys... monkey's off the back. Can finally get on with the business of playing real footy under the Roos game style...and working on GCS during the week.

And for anyone who may have missed it.... like me at work on a 12 hour bender stuck in Warragul on a broken down coach trying to pick up the call on MMM app on a crap data connection..... YAH FRICKEN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

P.S. Jones boy & big Dawesy!! :wub:

Edited by Rusty Nails

They looked a bit lost at the beginning, but then they got a sniff and started to play with... what's that word?... oh yeah... heart. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't skilfull for the most part. But it was a group of footballers that played for each other and the coach. That forgives almost any negatives.

• Like 2

Meanwhile, our win over Carlton and Brisbane's capitulation to Port contribute to a feeling, just for the moment, like there are multiple other clubs who have slipped back a bit even since the start of the season, while we are gradually getting it together.

Plus, Western Sydney keeping being respectable mid-table performers, making our initially awful-looking loss in the swamp look less disturbing.

Not sure I've quite healed from the woulds of being smashed by West Coast, or being cut up by Riewoldt and especially Clint Jones in round 1... but the mood is definitely turning.

A few of our coming games now have that little edge of unpredictability about them.

Would love see us keep up the effort, steal a win against some of the up-down teams we face in the next couple of weeks. But to me it all builds up to the chance to pick off another over-rated media-loved team; killing Richmond's season in round 9!

the hope is there underneath, Re the Roos team of coaches. always has been there, but deflated by our early season form.

seeing, or hearing on radio rather, the players showing "fight", is just what the doctor ordered.

I missed the replay, because I've been so down this week, I thought it was a 1.00 O'clock game, & had it in mind that it would be a foxtel game. didn't even check to see.

so I missed the Ch-7 replay, except the last 3 minutes.

I've always thought we would hit form around the middle of the season, winning some games; although I thought we would win about 2 before that midpoint.

Great win, we actually had a better forward line and were better in the ruck. Hats off to Spencer's efforts today really enjoyed watching him today, Frawley was so good, he might be asking for a million a season if he plays like that. To hear the song at the end was so good. So [censored] good. We'll done boys. YES!!!!!!

Mate for the love of god change your picture or whatever it's called.

We don't need to be constantly reminded of that dark day.

• Like 2

Thought Cross was BOG, never wasted it, has unbelievable hands in close and his awareness in tight is just something so many of our home grown players simply don't have (yet). What an absolute recruiting master stroke it was signing Crossy.

I love Daniel Cross. Not hard to see why he was an absolute favourite amongst Doggies fans.

• Like 5

Cross needs to be recognised, he and Viney are great hard working inside midfielders, it must be good for the players to look around and see the quality of Cross, Tyson, Frawley, Dawes, Jones, Viney, Vince, Watts and big Spencer throwing his weight around. With the addition of Dawes and Frawley up forward it seems there is some belief in the team, and players like Bail, Pedo, M Jones can finally show their talent instead of having so much pressure on them. I love winning, go dees.

• Like 2

There is no way Jones is elite. He played a very good game today, but was still caught with it far too often and I felt he failed to recognise his limitations a few times today. He gave Murphy a bath though. What a great move from Roos to get them to go head-to-head.

sounds like murphy's considered Elite`, but got a bath by someone more blue collar.

blue collar is what the Dees need a lot more of, & then add some more elite`. :cool:

• Like 1

84 tackles. That's the difference. It can be done.

Was actually too many this week! Still need to win more contested ball, but then again had both Jones and Vince out of the guts a lot and no second ruck. A good second ruck (plus improvement to Spencer) and cycling through of Cross, Tyson, Viney, Jones and Vince should hopefully see that improve.

Very good at around the ground contesting. Stoppage contesting is next.

• Like 1

Just home from the good win which I hope is just the beginning. I think the big Spence continues to improve and has done all that has been asked of him so far. If Jamar wants a game he needs to earn it. Frankly I would prefer Gawn to get involved at some point. Thought Dawes was a major structural factor as was Frawley. New forward line set up was good. Jonesy and the midfield very hard at it, defence very sound also with Garland to further improve. All in all very happy.

• Like 2

Mate for the love of god change your picture or whatever it's called.

We don't need to be constantly reminded of that dark day.

Done mate, it had been too long since a win, and a good win it was.
  • Like 3

Just watch the Malthouse squirmathon, whoo boy was that fun,

Question how long before we can watch the replay on AFL.com?

I need to sing the song again...

PS Don't you hate it when you can't see the action in the last quarter because the other team supporters are getting up and leaving !

• Like 1

They looked a bit lost at the beginning, but then they got a sniff and started to play with... what's that word?... oh yeah... heart. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't skilfull for the most part. But it was a group of footballers that played for each other and the coach. That forgives almost any negatives.

totally CT

Cross needs to be recognised, he and Viney are great hard working inside midfielders, it must be good for the players to look around and see the quality of Cross, Tyson, Frawley, Dawes, Jones, Viney, Vince, Watts and big Spencer throwing his weight around. With the addition of Dawes and Frawley up forward it seems there is some belief in the team, and players like Bail, Pedo, M Jones can finally show their talent instead of having so much pressure on them. I love winning, go dees.

spot on JVF

I hate losing

(was Yarran). But Spencer kicking lace out to Frawley and Spencer taking a pack mark were also nice to see.

Of course my favourite was Spencer punching on with Warnock!

Was good to see some fight in the boy and we got a free kick from it too.

Realised later it was yarran after I posted it.