POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

This is the line that has me walking away from the game with more positives than negatives. We are already seeing a proper game plan and the players have clearly bought into it. It will just take time for it to click and for the new players to integrate themselves properly into the side.

And, unfortunately, for us to recruit (and develop - see: J Toumpas) players who can play in the system.

Roos has not given the club a game plan to best utilise the cattle he has - he has given the club a defined structure of what every player recruited should be able to do; win their own footy, play a role, and have decent enough skills to hit consistent targets.

Frawley ain't no leader, never will be. Garland holds that mantle.

Frawley looks disinterested.

Pedo and Howe have been unfairly potted here....they received no support by the crap delivery into the forward line.

Mat Jones was excellent.

Bernie Vince needs to start in the middle EVERY ball up.

Nate Jones is an A+ midfielder.

Roos was out coached, but then again, he didn't have the cattle or rotations available to him.

Please hurry up Chris Dawes.

Don't pot Roos just yet, not out coached, they played ten times better than last year. Jones is not an A grade midfielder but is serviceable. Wait and see, it will get better. I have confidence .

• Like 1

Don't pot Roos just yet, not out coached, they played ten times better than last year. Jones is not an A grade midfielder but is serviceable. Wait and see, it will get better. I have confidence .

I'm not potting Roos. He was out coached. He's been out of the system for a while.

Nate Jones serviceable? JJT, you've just lost me with that comment - right there.

I see the Eagles are giving the Doggies a bit of a working over in Perth with a lead of more than 50 points at 3/4 time. I've heard some criticism around the traps including the media of Paul Roos coaching in his first game at the club after a few years' absence. The media loves Brendan McCartney and I'm sure he won't get beaten up by the media as it would to some others if this continues.

I see the Eagles are giving the Doggies a bit of a working over in Perth with a lead of more than 50 points at 3/4 time. I've heard some criticism around the traps including the media of Paul Roos coaching in his first game at the club after a few years' absence. The media loves Brendan McCartney and I'm sure he won't get beaten up by the media as it would to some others if this continues.

Is Roos immune from the media or critical feedback?

He's not stupid, he'll need all his three years to rebuild this terrible list.

The Dogs still have no forward line as well. Crameri is not even close to the answer. Great midfield but nothing down the other end to capitalize often enough.

Is Roos immune from the media or critical feedback?

He's not stupid, he'll need all his three years to rebuild this terrible list.

No, but I doubt it would worry him much. He knows better than anyone where the list is at, and he knows the time it will take to get us back up the ladder.

Frawley ain't no leader, never will be. Garland holds that mantle.

Frawley looks disinterested.

Pedo and Howe have been unfairly potted here....they received no support by the crap delivery into the forward line.

Mat Jones was excellent.

Bernie Vince needs to start in the middle EVERY ball up.

Nate Jones is an A+ midfielder.

Roos was out coached, but then again, he didn't have the cattle or rotations available to him.

Please hurry up Chris Dawes.

No, but I doubt it would worry him much. He knows better than anyone where the list is at, and he knows the time it will take to get us back up the ladder.

That's my point - Roos knows the problem and is polished enough not to bag his team in front of the media, unlike you - know - who.

Anyway, it's a rebuild of a rebuild.

I'm philosophical enough to accept that.

Watched game on tv from my bunker in Sydney. My mate who attended game(pies supporter) said he has a new found appreciation for Jones stating his work rate is unbelievable and his disposal has noticeably improved from last season. We both agreed if he could hit the scoreboard it would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

I'm not potting Roos. He was out coached. He's been out of the system for a while.

Nate Jones serviceable? JJT, you've just lost me with that comment - right there.

Yep that's what I think, a way from A grade but a great servant to the club. He needs to read the play better and stop over doing it and getting caught. A very hard worker none the less.

I think we played better than people here might credit us. Watts was massive, Nate Jones untethered, Vince exciting and Tyson getting plenty of the footy. We were punished onthe rebound and I'm not sure if this was bad structures or bad execution of structures.

Dunn is resurrected. As is Watts.

NSC ...we got run over by an underdone undermanned StKilda with a first up coach.

We lost a winnable game . We REALLY didnt play better than most summise we played exactly as most summised.. underwhelmingly.

Yep that's what I think, a way from A grade but a great servant to the club. He needs to read the play better and stop over doing it and getting caught. A very hard worker none the less.

Fair enough, I don't agree with you, but that's okay. I reckon he's fantastic.

We are building a structure and game style that will win premierships.

We are very much the new sydney swans. A chess like game plan, building with strength up the ground. I liked it alot.

Remeber, if we capitalized on our opportunites we would have won. Also, add the injuries to Fitzpatrick, Mcdonald and Howe, and you cant be too dissapointed.

I am looking forward to the season.

Bring on HOGAN!!!!!

• Like 1

Our best two backs are Garland and Dunn.

Frawley and McDonald turn it over far too much, normally either by foot, or by holding on to it for too long and getting caught being indecisive.

We are building a structure and game style that will win premierships.

We are very much the new sydney swans. A chess like game plan, building with strength up the ground. I liked it alot.

Remeber, if we capitalized on our opportunites we would have won. Also, add the injuries to Fitzpatrick, Mcdonald and Howe, and you cant be too dissapointed.

I am looking forward to the season.

Bring on HOGAN!!!!!

The only problem, T, is that the other teams will not sit on their hands.....can we develop quick enough to win even 10 games???

I thought Michie aside from a couple of flashes in last quarter was poor. He did not get it enough and when did turned it back and was very unaccountable with out the ball.

It was Mitchie's second ever game. What did you expect?

• Like 1

I agree, but he came with a huge reputation and hasn't exactly delivered on it. He would have been part of the group that rushed Clark back early in 2013 which obviously did far more harm than good.

Its not Clarks foot that is the problem.

NSC ...we got run over by an underdone undermanned StKilda with a first up coach.

We lost a winnable game . We REALLY didnt play better than most summise we played exactly as most summised.. underwhelmingly.

Yes we lost a game we should have won, the players need to watch the tape and move on. Alan Richardson might be a first up coach but he's no mug.The Gwilt goal in the last qtr had me nearly throwing the remote, just one example of many. Impressed with our slow play and ability to think things through.Having our forwards back will help with moving the ball quickly with confidence.Thought JKH should have started. Good to see players taking the game on(even when McDonald run out of bounds). We are all frustrated, I think sometimes we forget how bad we were.
  • Like 1

yes but we were below AFL standard last year and we won most stats just couldn't kick it between the big sticks.

but I think we may be wooden spooners this year.

Yes there was somethings to like.

Every body keeps using the excuse that we had no forward line...

So what? they didn't have their midfield. We played st kilda's B group mid field and still couldn't get over the line.

this is a team that was expected to be on the bottom of the ladder, and we lost to them.

any way, theres lots of things that can be fixed with practice and game time.

watts was good, putting vince forward put us at a massive disadvantage in the midfield, michie was good.

it was good to see some linking up passages and some running in numbers through the midfield.

hopefukky dawes and hogan can come in and make a difference.

man it was frustrating