Season Opener Dinner

Dee Fan

I'm disappointed... tipped Freo to win by 43pts... I'm a long way off the mark!

Doesn't matter who u tipped ht cause the tipping site is down and I think and dont quote me they said that because of this everyone will get the tip right which sucs.

I tipped Freo too but only by 25 points I think as I can't remember but can't check either.

Very good night interesting to hear the comments from the players about the difference between Neeld and Roos and just how much happier they are now. The players actually love going to work now and we are focusing on being the best team Melbourne can produce rather than being a poor imitation of Collingwood.

Roos, Bartlett and Jackson were all impressive; Roos in particular said he was happy with the group of players he inherited and said it doesn't take too long to turn it round if you have all the players doing all the things they have to in every game.

There were 650 people there tonight and a waiting list of those that couldn't get tickets; it's been a long while since that's happened.

• Like 4

Very good night interesting to hear the comments from the players about the difference between Neeld and Roos and just how much happier they are now. The players actually love going to work now and we are focusing on being the best team Melbourne can produce rather than being a poor imitation of Collingwood.

Roos, Bartlett and Jackson were all impressive; Roos in particular said he was happy with the group of players he inherited and said it doesn't take too long to turn it round if you have all the players doing all the things they have to in every game.

There were 650 people there tonight and a waiting list of those that couldn't get tickets; it's been a long while since that's happened.

Thanks for the update Robbie.

Anything mentioned about Frawley signing????? (Only joking)

Was Mitch Clark there?

Why do people want to know if Mitch Clark was there specifically? If he wasn't there, I am sure there were plenty of others who also weren't there and I'm sure the club would have had it's reasons for not having them there.

Thanks for the update Robbie.

Anything mentioned about Frawley signing????? (Only joking)

Was Mitch Clark there?

Mitch wasn't there, it was mentioned that Mitch hasn't been at the club for a little while, he's taking a break.

Some of the guys reckon Chip will stay, he loves the club and the other payers but I guess if we fall in a hole this year that mat not be enough and he could move.

Mitch wasn't there, it was mentioned that Mitch hasn't been at the club for a little while, he's taking a break.

Some of the guys reckon Chip will stay, he loves the club and the other payers but I guess if we fall in a hole this year that mat not be enough and he could move.

I saw a current day club personality last week and chatting about the team and I said it will be good to have a forward line as we haven't had one for a few years. He said the person we really need on the park is Mitch. However, it was his forlorn voice and expression that suggessted he won't be in the team for a fair while. Had he said 'don't worry Mitch will be back soon' I would be a lot more optimistic.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Sorry BH, didnt want to put a downer on your morning. The writing on the wall just seems so painfully obvious to me. The Club has its reasons for spin and with holding info on the situation and perhaps they dont even know at this stage. a bit frustrating however.

Anyway, bring on the Saints!

• Like 1

Mitch is taking a break from the club.....a friend who was there asked one of the players where he was and revieved a forlorn reply that he had done a calf,and now needs a break fromthe club and footy.

If he is doing all these injuries with basically zero stress load, how the hell is he ever going to play footy again.

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 1

Mitch is taking a break from the club.....a friend who was there asked one of the players where he was and revieved a forlorn reply that he had done a calf,and now needs a break fromthe club and footy.

If he is doing all these injuries with basically zero stress load, how the hell is he ever going to play footy again.

That's pretty much what I was told.

If he is doing all these injuries with basically zero stress load, how the hell is he ever going to play footy again.Shatter

Shattering news and only confirms in my mind what I feel will end up happening. He couldve been an absolute gun. So many pundits have forgotten just how good he was in '12. he really took some games by the scruff of the neck. To think we may never have that tandem of him and Hogan in the fwd 50 is gut wrenching.

But you have to feel for Mitch. He must be as low as can be about the whole thing. Completely frustrated.

Don't for forget that M Richardson had the same issues after his injury.

It's very frustrating but that's what I am holding on to.

Sorry demonox but I do not remember these issues he was basically out for a season than came back with none of the crap effecting Clarke

Sorry demonox but I do not remember these issues he was basically out for a season than came back with none of the crap effecting Clarke

Thats right , its been two seasons out for Clark now, with no sign of coming back in the near future.

U r right o d as Clark had trouble with the screw in his foot which Richo didn't. So hopefully he comes back even if he is longer in recovery.

Deeply dissapointing about Mitch, one can only imagine how hard it would be going through that, watching his side getting belted every week and knowing he's our best player and can't help

Poor bloke.

He's the individual at the heart of this.

We can have a whinge about our collective luck, our salary priorities, and a draft pick but he chose to come here and played so recklessly and for the cause of the club that he endangered his life a few weeks before he endangered his career.

I know a Roos led MFC will do what's best for him and the club.

• Like 2