Colin Sylvia

Bobby McKenzie

Sylvia has all the footballing and natural ability in the world. Ability is not what he is limited by.

It's his psychology and philosophy of life which are the true indicators of how little he's gotten out of his footballing career.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Can't agree on this at all 'steve'.

I don't know his psychology or philosophy of life so I will go on what I've seen since day one with Col. He has no peripheral vision, awareness or footy smarts. He is not a natural footballer and that's out there for all to see.

The other stuff is just excuses for those waiting for him to turn it around and be the footballer he doesn't have the capacity to be. So many have been sucked in by this.

Gary senior had all the natural ability in the world and according to legend lacked in all other areas but he could still play. He was a natural footballer. Col is just an average footballer, always was, always will be.

If Col can do the non-negotiables that Ross expects then he will be a great acquisition in Freo's finals campaign

campaign. I'd suggest that Lyon's public comment is a way of motivating Col to work harder.

In summary I don't think this is the end for Col, but that he's at a crossroads

crossroads. I wish him well and it will be good if both clubs benefit from the Silvia v Vince "swap".

If Col can do the non-negotiables that Ross expects then he will be a great acquisition in Freo's finals campaign

campaign. I'd suggest that Lyon's public comment is a way of motivating Col to work harder.

crossroads. I wish him well and it will be good if both clubs benefit from the Silvia v Vince "swap".

How many crossroads has he been at where he flips the car over?

Lyon gave him a chance and thus far he has not responded. At this stage its been a bad trade for Freo.

• Like 1

The problem for me is I have seen Col at crossroads far too many times. The light turns green and he is too busy chatting up girls and have a drinkee-poo to notice that the lights have changed and he should put his foot on the accelerator.

• Like 1

How many crossroads has he been at where he flips the car over?

Lyon gave him a chance and thus far he has not responded. At this stage its been a bad trade for Freo.

How often did we play him in the magoos if he didnt meet AFL standards? Freo have an excellent system and I'd think back themselves to get the most out of Col.

How often did we play him in the magoos if he didnt meet AFL standards?

The amount of substandard footballers that we have played over the past years is mindblowing.

The fact that we didn't play footballers like Sylvia in the magoos IS the reason we are in the state we are in.

• Like 1

The amount of substandard footballers that we have played over the past years is mindblowing.

The fact that we didn't play footballers like Sylvia in the magoos IS the reason we are in the state we are in.

This stemmed from a mentality of getting games into talented young high draft picks. Unfortunetely those games did little to develop good playing habits

habits.

• Like 2

Leopard and spots... Hi Ho will see out his Heave Ho days in the magoos before getting the heave ho.

• Like 1

I see it more as Col being at a T intersection...theres only really 2 directions to go . To make the 'right' choice will mean he has to pay attention and judge well the traffic he's cutting across and get things 'right'

or he can make an easy and lethargic 'leftie'

I know what i'm tipping !!

Edited by beelzebub

I was sorry to see Col go as I thought he could have a great year as a forward with Clark, Hogan and Dawes kicking arse. He left and I figured he would do equally as well in the west.

His decline has been both amazing and sad. We have all seen him play some terrific footy but it appears all over for him now.

What goes on between the ears (or not) seems to far outweigh bicep size or anything else. A great talent wasted IMO!!

• Like 3

In a Leyland P76....

gold....... or rather Plum Loco !!!

I was sorry to see Col go as I thought he could have a great year as a forward with Clark, Hogan and Dawes kicking arse. He left and I figured he would do equally as well in the west.

His decline has been both amazing and sad. We have all seen him play some terrific footy but it appears all over for him now.

What goes on between the ears (or not) seems to far outweigh bicep size or anything else. A great talent wasted IMO!!

seriously...not a tad too much Claret BBO ?

Ironical really given that when we did play him in the magoos after he served a 3 week suspension back in 2009 we were accused of tanking.

• Like 2

In a Leyland P76....

Col at least looked like a footballer should. The P76 was a design disaster as well as lemon of a car. Perhaps the West's answer to the Trabant? :)