All about Mitch Clark

All the Jacks

Everyone just needs to leave him alone any negatives that are holding him back need to be removed from his life. Anything regarding his personal life, his family or his contract should be off limits and certain people should mind their own business, any childish or inconsiderate comments should not be made, the old saying 'don't kick a dog when he is down' should be remembered. Just give him some time to be alone with his family away from the media.

Has anyone actually thought he might want to be away from the club for the benefit of the other players. If he is in a bad place mentally he wouldn't want to bring the positive feel around the club down. I suspect he wants to get himself right and come back to the club when he is in a positive space so he can help the club improve.

I think we should get used to the fact that this takes time, negatives or nosy cants like journo's should fuuk right off out of his business for a while.

• Like 2

Please no-one link to this site and tweet Clark...

Just terrible - the whole thing.

We all want a better club culture - well here is the first test of that.

Remember there is an individual in the middle of your point scoring.

• Like 6

Everyone just needs to leave him alone any negatives that are holding him back need to be removed from his life. Anything regarding his personal life, his family or his contract should be off limits and certain people should mind their own business, any childish or inconsiderate comments should not be made, the old saying 'don't kick a dog when he is down' should be remembered. Just give him some time to be alone with his family away from the media.

Has anyone actually thought he might want to be away from the club for the benefit of the other players. If he is in a bad place mentally he wouldn't want to bring the positive feel around the club down. I suspect he wants to get himself right and come back to the club when he is in a positive space so he can help the club improve.

I think we should get used to the fact that this takes time, negatives or nosy cants like journo's should fuuk right off out of his business for a while.

Imagine how hard it would be for Clark, a new beginning under a legend and he doesn't even know if he'll be part of it. Positivity and hope for all but him.

Mids PLEASE help me keep this thread to it's intended purpose, to support a demon.

Let's be gown ups and keep the rumours and insults to another thread guys. The idea was to show this to Mitch as a support mechanism, not show him how many tools are MFC supporters.

Nice sentiment stuie. Was always going to end up a mess. This is the internet and this is Demonland. Naive to expect any different, unfortunately. The only way to keep it on message is for the mods to delete a lot of posts, which kind of defeats the openness of internet forums.

Good on you tho.

'J', don't often agree with you mate but you are on the money here.

So much for showing support.

So much for culture change.

So much for supporting one of our own.

Some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves.

And to think this thread was started with the intention of showing Mitch...

Mods feel free to edit out the dh posts or just delete the thread. I was already depressed about one of my favourite demons being on leave, but seeing the pathetic nature of some of our "supporter" base just makes it even worse.

• Like 2

Mitch, you have shown in your time with Melbourne you are an immensely talented, courageous and respected footballer. Things haven't gone your way recently but off field you have continued to contribute anyway you can and you have the respect from players, the club and true supporters. Being voted into the leadership group every year with a club is extremely rare and testament to who you are as a person. Whatever your issues they have been have been faced by others before, currently and will be in future, They are not insurmountable, even if you feel that way currently, Get the right help and know your football club is the best support you can have. We supporters share your frustration and can be impatient at times but only because we want you doing what you do so well in the red and blue. Ultimately, you need to do what is best for you in your own time. We will still be here,

Good luck and good health mate.

• Like 3

He'll play less than 20 games in 4 years.

He told Brisbane he wanted to go home for personal reasons.

Maybe we should've listened to what Clark said back then, I know a few Brisbane players were vocal about it - that he told them he wanted to go home, yet came to us after a bucket of cash... Money does not solve person problems, Clark obviously has personal issues.

If everyone here wishes Mitch best health then they'll have no problems MFC paying Mitch full contract so he can get back to WA - where he can work on his issues with his family.

1. He wanted to go home because he was raising a young daughter. He took the extra cash and easier trade because that was what he thought would help his family long term compared to being home in Perth

2. Brisbane players are morons. They pretty much happily sat back and watched 5 talented youngsters walk out of the place. The culture up there is nearly as bad as Melbourne's

3. If Mitch needs to be in Perth to be supported by his family on and off the field I'd gladly trade him tomorrow. Heck delist him now with full pay and let him train under guidance from a WAFL club and try to be drafted by a WA club. I've got no problem with that. But Mitch Clark played with more passion than anyone maybe besides Nath Jones and James McDonald in the last 5 or so years when he pulled on the red and blue. Until I hear otherwise I'll trust that he wants to give his all to the MFC. As far as I can tell he's having issues that are exacerbated by repeat injuries that have him questioning his commitment as an AFL player and those types of issues can't be overcome with just a click of the finger and saying ok I'm going to do it for MFC. But until I hear otherwise I have full faith that he'd really like to be out there for us.

• Like 5

I suggest the club retire the no. 11 jumper immediately.

If Clark comes back, give him another number.

I'll presume this is on the basis of it having some kind of curse of bad luck and not as a dig at Mitch?

1. He wanted to go home because he was raising a young daughter. He took the extra cash and easier trade because that was what he thought would help his family long term compared to being home in Perth

2. Brisbane players are morons. They pretty much happily sat back and watched 5 talented youngsters walk out of the place. The culture up there is nearly as bad as Melbourne's

3. If Mitch needs to be in Perth to be supported by his family on and off the field I'd gladly trade him tomorrow. Heck delist him now with full pay and let him train under guidance from a WAFL club and try to be drafted by a WA club. I've got no problem with that. But Mitch Clark played with more passion than anyone maybe besides Nath Jones and James McDonald in the last 5 or so years when he pulled on the red and blue. Until I hear otherwise I'll trust that he wants to give his all to the MFC. As far as I can tell he's having issues that are exacerbated by repeat injuries that have him questioning his commitment as an AFL player and those types of issues can't be overcome with just a click of the finger and saying ok I'm going to do it for MFC. But until I hear otherwise I have full faith that he'd really like to be out there for us.

Brisbane players didn't happily sit back, Rockliff has been quite vocal about both Polec and Clark - as well as probably a raft of others.

I don't think Brisbane have just sat on their hands.

I do agree with you that if Clark needs to be in Perth, that we should pay his contract out and support him, if that is what he needs.

Leave without pay I hope.

Ed: if it is personal issues, not football related.

Couldn't let this go unanswered! If a cretin like Hird can get $1m to holiday in France then how dare you quibble about an honest payment to someone in difficult circumstances through no real fault of their own. Mitch deserves our support in whatever way the club deams appropriate. He is one of us!

I really dont like jumping the gun but it seems like this ones been loaded for some whiles now.

If I were ( and Im not ) an elite sportsman whose career , and effectively only known job was to play a game you love its got to be beyond sickening to arrive at a day where that niggling voice booms louder than ever...."its over". It may well not be over but the doubts that range a persons mind when things start going south are an evil we can all do without.

Its probably good he has photography, hes not too shabby at it. It might be the panacea he needs now as its becoming more and more likely as time eeks on that a continued presence on the paddock is slipping away. This must be gut wrenching for someone who loves to take the game by the scruff of its neck. it much be debilitating for someone who saw himself as part of the rebuilding of Melbourne. It must be terrible.

Would he that he could take an extended time off and come back for NEXT pre-seasons training and take it up from where left , then bloody fantastic. Would I wish this...a thousand times. Would i put money on it....not a zac.

get bettter Mitch...hope you find a happy life in something you enjoy, its all any of us want.

You really can forgive any supporter for thinking this club's bloody cursed at times.

• Like 1

I'll presume this is on the basis of it having some kind of curse of bad luck and not as a dig at Mitch?

Yep. I know it sounds nonsensical, but I have a believe in some pagan beliefs.

RIP Jimmy.

Retire the jumper now.

When Mitchy returns, dust down a new number for him - symbolic of fresh beginnings.

Leave without pay I hope.

Ed: if it is personal issues, not football related.

What a confused post this is.

Can it be both? Or is it personal or footy related?

Perhaps we owe something to him because, while we have paid him handsomely, perhaps the way he has been handled has been less than optimal? Maybe we have contributed negatively to the freak accident he had while wearing the jumper we love.

And for all those worried about money, as if it is an important thing in all this - the CBA stipulates that injured players be paid 150% of their remaining contract if they have to retire early due to injury. So that's $1.2 million for all those that want to 'save money.'

What a confused post this is.

Can it be both? Or is it personal or footy related?

Perhaps we owe something to him because, while we have paid him handsomely, perhaps the way he has been handled has been less than optimal? Maybe we have contributed negatively to the freak accident he had while wearing the jumper we love.

And for all those worried about money, as if it is an important thing in all this - the CBA stipulates that injured players be paid 150% of their remaining contract if they have to retire early due to injury. So that's $1.2 million for all those that want to 'save money.'

that maybe so but we arent actually privy to how it was distributed over the years....but even if.

what it does do is clear that space from the cap. There are actually other things to consider.

I think youre suggestion we buggered the handling of his foot is conjecture and a nonsense.

why is there even this thread when the other is perfectly good

suggest a merger mods

that maybe so but we arent actually privy to how it was distributed over the years....but even if.

what it does do is clear that space from the cap. There are actually other things to consider.

I think youre suggestion we buggered the handling of his foot is conjecture and a nonsense.

I don't think it does clear that money from the cap at all.

I am going off the old CBA here as they haven't publicly released the one from 2012-2016. Injury payments are included in the cap, how this one would be classified may be a matter of which year it is put into. I don't think it is unreasonable to discuss what you are discussing, I am just trying to give you more context and possible downsides to what you and a couple of others have suggested.

My suggestion that we were in charge of his less than optimal rehab is reality. It hasn't gone well, each time he has come back - it has been a failed launch. We should look somewhat internally at that - it happens in footy, or any sport, but how we have brought him back has not filled me with confidence in our processes.

Edited by rpfc

I wish Mitch well and that he does make a return to the club and makes a significant contribution.

However, if Peter Jackson is asking lapsed members for their trust, I would like also as a current and continuing member to also have the benefit of some trust back as well.

I'm not specifically referring to Mitch but in general, please stop feeding us the BS about injured players. Rather than have us expecting significant players to return in the weeks before the start of the season when that is a remote possibility, give us something that remotely resembles reality.

• Like 12

The problem is that an injured player's status is always fluctuating and being reassessed.

Should the club be giving us love hourly injury updates?

Where does it end?

I think as supporters we need to accept that some things will remain a mystery... until they aren't.

• Like 1