I like your courage. Not for going to the party but admitting there's Richmond blood in your family.

After they turned the Beer off at the G post game I was invited to the Richmond social club by a supporter

Had to check my scarf into a cupboard by security

The crowd inside were devastated by the loss They had it penciled in as a big win

The members inside were a pretty ordinary bunch luckily i was in a good mood so no trouble insued

Gee I wish we had a social club for after win celebrations

I've come realise that he is playing better than he can! As are a few others from the footy club. I am on record here about being wrong about Pedo (as are most) but I now get that odd feeling about a bloke playing better football than his skill level warrants. His effort levels have improved dramatically as have others and this makes them better players - the bloke to thank here is Paul Roos. It seems that Roos has the knack of making players better than they are. The last coach we had that did this was John Northey - he took over a list that was definitely limited and not only got the best out them - made guys better than just there skill level. This is a rare commodity and one that all players at the footy club must sense as we supporters can sense it as well. After all the false dawns - this really does seem like the beginning of something special.

• Like 3

I've come realise that he is playing better than he can! As are a few others from the footy club. I am on record here about being wrong about Pedo (as are most) but I now get that odd feeling about a bloke playing better football than his skill level warrants. His effort levels have improved dramatically as have others and this makes them better players - the bloke to thank here is Paul Roos. It seems that Roos has the knack of making players better than they are. The last coach we had that did this was John Northey - he took over a list that was definitely limited and not only got the best out them - made guys better than just there skill level. This is a rare commodity and one that all players at the footy club must sense as we supporters can sense it as well. After all the false dawns - this really does seem like the beginning of something special.

He's not playing better than he can. These guys have been drafted at AFL level. In Pederson's case, twice. It's all between the ears after that. Roos has worked his magic, yes, but now it's simply about desire and effort from Pederson. If he can deliver, he can be a useful and important role player.

• Like 4

I've come realise that he is playing better than he can!

No, he is playing better than you thought he could.

Come to that realisation and then you realise that nothing is ever as bad, or as good, as you think it is.

• Like 5

No, he is playing better than you thought he could.

Come to that realisation and then you realise that nothing is ever as bad, or as good, as you think it is.

Very Confucian rpfc!

• Like 3

Come to that realisation and then you realise that nothing is ever as good, as you think it is.

i hope beer and pizza is not part of that assessment.

• Like 3

Dawes and Pedo 16 tackles between them. That's forward pressure as it should be.

Doing a job for the team.

Doing it for us the supporters.

Takes me back to Gazza Lyon when captain, ragdolling opponents in tackles, even when he was injured himself. setting an example. or the Oxen. there was a lot more aggression at the contest from us, thru the Nineties.

I wanted for us to trade him because I saw a no frills, good honest battler who's not without some skills when I saw him at North and Werribee. I thought he could play the second ruck role and be much more reliable than Stef Martin who we used to have in that role.

But then I saw him play last year and I wanted him to be gone ASAP and wished we didn't ever get him. I even would've kept Sellar over him if it was a choice.

So I'm kind of saying I was right then I was wrong!

I wanted for us to trade him because I saw a no frills, good honest battler who's not without some skills when I saw him at North and Werribee. I thought he could play the second ruck role and be much more reliable than Stef Martin who we used to have in that role.

But then I saw him play last year and I wanted him to be gone ASAP and wished we didn't ever get him. I even would've kept Sellar over him if it was a choice.

So I'm kind of saying I was right then I was wrong!

ahh, hmmn; stock-photo-indecisive-fearful-moodie-choh oh.

• Like 1

do we thank Neeldy for getting Cam even though a year ago we'd never thought we would ever say that. Obviously roos has to get credit for installing the confidence in Cam.

His marking has been great and his tackling pressure has been outstanding. Its nice to see him get recognised.

By the way how well is Moloney going? Club at the bottom, broke and he cant get a game.

do we thank Neeldy for getting Cam even though a year ago we'd never thought we would ever say that. Obviously roos has to get credit for installing the confidence in Cam.

His marking has been great and his tackling pressure has been outstanding. Its nice to see him get recognised.

By the way how well is Moloney going? Club at the bottom, broke and he cant get a game.

Perhaps things didn't change that much for him. If he'd stayed our club might have remained at the bottom, been broke and he still mightn't be getting a game. Instead, we're off the bottom and I don't care what he's doing.

• Like 2

Watched the match 3 times and everywhere the ball was, he was

People are saying we won't see him play another one like that, no you just didn't think you'd see that from him, he'll keep producing.

Credit to Neeld for getting him, definitely a win for us considering all we had to do was unload a burden in Gysberts, but i don't think he did it on purpose.

Watched the match 3 times and everywhere the ball was, he was

People are saying we won't see him play another one like that, no you just didn't think you'd see that from him, he'll keep producing.

I've always allowed Pederson time to show what he could do, since early last year, because >

1/ I believed in what I saw of him in the clips I watched of his play prior ti our recruiting him, (saw he can move & can play some)

2/ but also because I trust in all of Neeld, Viney etc, to be able to spot talent,

3/ & I new this time last year, the culture was really off, & also the players were very unhappy, & had been for the previous 2 or 3 years before that. This is a terrible way to enter a new club when trying to redeem your career. impossible to find confidence & focus, under those circumstances.

now we can all see the results of patience, & setting up a healthy environment to perform from.

• Like 1

Credit to Neeld for getting him, definitely a win for us considering all we had to do was unload a burden in Gysberts, but i don't think he did it on purpose.

one thing Neeld did do, was to attack the rotting culture head on... this probably mostly caused Neeld's downfall, & unpopularity. but he gave us a head start to unwind the rotten culture.

And Roos may never have taken us on, IF some old heads were still on that list. It may have just been too hard, but with a fairly fresh list, without many stubborn heads left, it was more of an opportunity to reshape it, guide it & train it into a footy list again.

• Like 1

cultural environment is everything, and it'd been going downhill for 12 years.

now we are building it back, & we can see now that our players are able to learn & develop again. something we've not been able to do properly for the past 14 - 15 years or so.

ontop of that we are tackling again, the whole team will have a crack at the physical workload now, & that has been missing from our team values since at least the last 10 years. Only a select few would still do the 1%ers back in 2006. bruise free was born

then you realise that nothing is ever as bad, or as good, as you think it is.

In a football sense that is a great quote.

It always makes me laugh when a player has a good game and then the supporters declare him the next star. Likewise a bad game or two and he is pathetic and gone.

BTW I declared Cam gone after the Tigers NAB cup game and am happy to say I was wrong. I also was starting to feel that Watts, despite his sublime skills, would never do the hard things required of footballers. Hopefully I was wrong there too.

BTW I declared Cam gone after the Tigers NAB cup game and am happy to say I was wrong. I also was starting to feel that Watts, despite his sublime skills, would never do the hard things required of footballers. Hopefully I was wrong there too.

are you serious ? he gave it a red hot crack in that game and it seemed he was a certainty to be best 22 this year on the back of that...