Greater Western Sydney v Adelaide at Blacktown, time tbc
Carlton v Western Bulldogs at Visy Park, time tbc
Richmond v Essendon at Punt Road Oval or Craigieburn, time tbc
Saturday, March 8
Port Adelaide v St Kilda at Alberton Oval, time tbc
Melbourne v Hawthorn at Casey Fields, time tbc
Brisbane Lions v Sydney Swans at Burpengary, time tbc

There's a place called Burpengary?

Hawks will be going at qtr rat power for this affair.

No doubt they'll be a long way from full power but it's also their last tune up and will come 2 weeks after their last NAB challenge match (and 2 weeks before their season opener) so I'd expect them to put out most of their round 1 team for a hit out.

It's great for us to get Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn as practice matches and they'll be no denying how far off we are if we are getting hammered.

I expect us to take a pretty young side in to the first match against Richmond but then use the game against Geelong in Alice and finally this Hawthorn one.

Dear Casey Fields,

Please start planning your traffic management for this match now. Build a second exit from Casey fields to allow people to get out of the place.

Yours truly,

Demonland.

Looking forward to March 8th. And I agree about entry/exit to Casey Fields. When you consider the money and planning that are going into this area, surely they can see the need for better parking, traffic control, and traffic flow. Last time I was down there though, it was still the same, even with a double lane entrance.

Looking forward to March 8th. And I agree about entry/exit to Casey Fields. When you consider the money and planning that are going into this area, surely they can see the need for better parking, traffic control, and traffic flow. Last time I was down there though, it was still the same, even with a double lane entrance.

it's so frustrating as there's 2 ways anyone gets in or out of the place once out the front gate - either the road back to Cranbourne or the road the heads towards Berwick (Clyde road?). So why not have a gate on each one? The secondary one only needs to be open for special events but it needs to happen.

Nice to see we are up against the Premiers. Won't that be a big boost if we actually win!

No easy matches to start, Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn for pre-season. Weather permitting it will be packed at Casey.

That's the way I like it. Three hard games in the preseason will tell us exactly where we are and we can only get better by playing the better sides, even if they are only practice matches.

I also agree about the issues Casey Fields has with access and egress from the car parks at the ground. It's an absolute shocker and they should something about it

No doubt they'll be a long way from full power but it's also their last tune up and will come 2 weeks after their last NAB challenge match (and 2 weeks before their season opener) so I'd expect them to put out most of their round 1 team for a hit out.

It's great for us to get Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn as practice matches and they'll be no denying how far off we are if we are getting hammered.

I expect us to take a pretty young side in to the first match against Richmond but then use the game against Geelong in Alice and finally this Hawthorn one.

Dear Casey Fields,

Please start planning your traffic management for this match now. Build a second exit from Casey fields to allow people to get out of the place.

Yours truly,

Demonland.

I'm with you there last 3 times I went was in traffic for hours

very poor planning and design

They must do something to improve it or "Just Building it wont make them Come"

No easy matches to start, Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn for pre-season. Weather permitting it will be packed at Casey.

When do we play Richond and Geelong, the link only talks about Melbourne v Hawthorn. on March 8? Personally, I would rather play Richmond at Punt Road Oval on the Friday 7. That would suit a lot of people.

When do we play Richond and Geelong, the link only talks about Melbourne v Hawthorn. on March 8? Personally, I would rather play Richmond at Punt Road Oval on the Friday 7. That would suit a lot of people.

I only included the Hawthorn match because the practice match games on that weekend were just released and they are not apart of the NAB Cup challenge.

http://afl.com.au/fixture/nab-challenge

I only included the Hawthorn match because the practice match games on that weekend were just released and they are not apart of the NAB Cup challenge.

http://afl.com.au/fixture/nab-challenge

Actually, it IS "apart" of (or more correctly, from), but NOT "a part of" the NAB Cup Challenge :)

Appropriate that the Richmond game is on the 14th February... not a lot of love lost between the two teams. And if it's going to be a massacre, let's hope we're not on the receiving end.

Like when Melboure beat Collingwood in the NAB Cup in 2012?

Not only that Clint but during the main season when we drew and also lost by a point.

There's a place called Burpengary?

Ive driven through it....its the logical thing to do ^_^

That's the way I like it.

Hmm. Three finalists from last year and two games against very good teams, perhaps the two best teams over the last 5 years. It will be hard to win one.

I don't like that. Our blokes will remember all too well feeling confident going into last year and then getting badly beaten. Whilst it might be a good test I reckon a game against a low level team where we had a fair chance of winning would have done wonders for the teams confidence.

I don't like it at all.

Something I would strongly recommend people do is either taking the train to Cranbourne, and then shuttle to the ground OR drive to the station and shuttle from there. Parking there truly is a nightmare.

Tough assignment to take on the premiers but it's a practice match so I just hope some of the young players (and Mitch) can gain some confidence. History suggests Roos won't be too concerned about the result.

Hmm. Three finalists from last year and two games against very good teams, perhaps the two best teams over the last 5 years. It will be hard to win one.

I don't like that. Our blokes will remember all too well feeling confident going into last year and then getting badly beaten. Whilst it might be a good test I reckon a game against a low level team where we had a fair chance of winning would have done wonders for the teams confidence.

I don't like it at all.

It may be OK if they resist the temption to play their top 22 and experiment like many Clubs do. Am I correct in thinking that Geelong, for one, doesn't take it as seriously as others? Would be great for us if we won all three before the proper season, but then, maybe more than ever, we should also be trying out our new recruits and developing players.