Hogan - the new Neitz

Dees2014

If I want to compare and prognosticate I friggin will. I did if for the likes of Neitz and I'll do it for Hogan.

If Hogan equals Neitz I'll be a little disappointed. He's a better package and I firmly believe will be a better player.

Here Here. Neitz was my most hated player. Very arrogant and selfish

This thread needs to be deleted and never spoken of again.

Bad things are happening.

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 4

David Neitz played more games and kicked more goals for the Demons than anyone

I still find it hard to comprehend that he is the only Demon to play over 300 Games yet Adelaide who started in 1991 have 4 of them

Let Hogan play like Hogan and comparing a player who is about to start his career to anyone especially Neitz is pointless

I say enjoy the ride

• Like 2

Hogan (no one jump down my throat for comparing him to someone) seems more like a Pavlich sort of player, a CHF who can run all day and is capable of kicking a bag and winning a Coleman.

Im still waiting for when Jack Watts becomes the next Nick Reiwoldt.

Threads like these are stupid.

Jack Watts is going to be the new Nick Riewoldt!

Yes the longest serving captain of the club was "selfish".

Jesus Christ the man is a legend.

• Like 4

I'm with Ben Hur.

I sincerely hope, and believe, that Hogan will be better than Neitz.

If he's not, I'll be disappointed.

Same,

Well i won't be disappointed if he ends up playing like Neitz but i think he will be better.

Really wonder what thought processes go on behind these sorts of comments. Neitz was a very strong character and had an incredible will to win. If that is selfish,and arrogant (which it isn't) then let's teach it to all the current team.

It is the "will to win" which we need almost more than anything else after our last five years of mostly losses. Neita had it in abundance.

• Like 1

Uhh yeah. I don't think that's what BH said.

Well done on the staggeringly misguided view on a club champion though.

As for Hogan, I too expect him to be a better player than Neitz. He's bigger, has stickier hands and will be harder to stop, I think.

• Like 3

Loved big Neita!!

Does this mean that I will have to wait with baited breath watching Hogan's first shot at goal, knowing that it controls his destiny for the rest of the day?

• Like 3

Mate.. Are you even a Melbourne Demons Supporter?

Wow.. I can't believe some could hate a 300 game player, who Carey said was the hardest to play on .. And also kicked a lazy 500 odd goals??

Do you even football?

• Like 2

Gawd...
Jesse Hogan has yet to play a game and people on here will be disappointed if he isn't better than:
*Our club's games record holder.

*Our club's all time leading goal kicker.

*Our club's longest serving captain and most recent captain to lead us to a grand final.

*Our most recent (and only) Coleman medalist.

Neita was never Michael Voss, Nathan Buckley or James Hird (three of his contemporaries). However, let's show a longstanding servant of our club a bit of respect and be pragmatic about a kid who has yet to play a game. Let's also remember what happened from 2008 to 2013. Many of us were positively wetting out pants thinking that youngsters, who in some cases mightn't have even been shaving when they were bloody recruited, could come in and carry the load from day one. Look how that turned out.
Talk about lightweight posts... :rolleyes:

Gawd...

Jesse Hogan has yet to play a game and people on here will be disappointed if he isn't better than:

*Our club's games record holder.

*Our club's all time leading goal kicker.

*Our club's longest serving captain and most recent captain to lead us to a grand final.

*Our most recent (and only) Coleman medalist.

Neita was never Michael Voss, Nathan Buckley or James Hird (three of his contemporaries). However, let's show a longstanding servant of our club a bit of respect and be pragmatic about a kid who has yet to play a game. Let's also remember what happened from 2008 to 2013. Many of us were positively wetting out pants thinking that youngsters, who in some cases mightn't have even been shaving when they were bloody recruited, could come in and carry the load from day one. Look how that turned out.

Talk about lightweight posts... :rolleyes:

I think that if Neita had stayed in the back line he would have been one of the all time greats; as it is he had to play up forward when Ox went down and for most of the time, had to carry the whole forward line.

If he was a bit more selfish he probably would have done better, but he is without doubt one of the nicest guys and least egotistical player we have ever had.

It beggars belief that after all the time he spent at the club some can only put [censored] on him.

• Like 4

Uhh yeah. I don't think that's what BH said.

Well done on the staggeringly misguided view on a club champion though.

As for Hogan, I too expect him to be a better player than Neitz. He's bigger, has stickier hands and will be harder to stop, I think.

Not sure he is bigger. Neitz was a big unit but slightly shorter than hogan at 193 cm I seem to remember, as against Hogan at 195 (Although Neitz was heavier at 100 vs 97 although you would expect that to change as JH matures). I think hogan has got a bigger engine and may be a better mark, althought Neita was pretty good particularly on a fast lead overhead. Neita though was a thumping long kick for goal. Hogan is an accurate kick, but not a particularly long one, at least not yet. The things though that they both have, and which we desperately need was a bit of mongrel - it comes through in the testing of Hogan time and time again ie how tough at the ball he is, which is something Neita also had. The combination of Byron Pickett and David Neitz put the fear of god into opposition sides.

I hope some of our modern day players will develop that. Hogan is certainly one, Clark is also a hard nut, and Dawes has that potential, as does chip Frawley. Of the smaller younger brigade, Viney shows signs, as does tapscott, Jones, Trengove and Grimes. I think Roos will teach them a lot about being tough around the ball.

The comparative numbers:

Height (cm). Weight. (kgs)

Hogan. 195. 97

Patton. 197. 100

Daniher. 201. 94

Boyd. 199. 102

Neitz (playing stats). 193. 100

Edited by Dees2014