Jack Fitzpatrick 2014

dazzledavey36

I expect Fitz to play a fair bit this year. For a start Roos has repeatedly said that Hogan is not an automatic starter and will have to earn his spot like any other first year player. Then there is the injury record of our key forwards. Jack is in fact the most durable of the bunch based on their last couple of years. I agree that he is probably behind a couple of the others in the pecking order, but don't dismiss him just yet.

For 2 years now i have been waiting for Jack Fitzpatrick to explode in the forward line and become the player we all think he is capable of, 200cm, speed and can take a mark, Paul Roos is his chance, can he play in defence, we need a 200cm player down there or does Jack have to wait for the opportunity up forward and that means injuries..

I would be disappointed if he was to leave the MFC for opportunity elsewhere...

Hmmm, doubt it.

It would be disappointing to see him leave through lack of game time - but given our injury ridden forwards I don't think this will be an issue.

Edited by Wormburner

• 1 month later...

Good post moonatic ( who wrote it for you?). Fitzy has really gone from zero to hero through hard work - he looked a dud when he started but certainly showed me up as a poor judge.I rate his kicking higher than you do and I look forward to watching him next year. I just wonder what his role/position will be.

What do you think about him now BBO,

So far this year I have nothing good to say about Fitzpatrick, many thought the would be the big bustling forward, but we need to realise he will never be this player we want and need.. Agreed?

So far this year I have nothing good to say about Fitzpatrick, many thought the would be the big bustling forward, but we need to realise he will never be this player we want and need.. Agreed?

Thanks (not) for pulling that post up. He's looked effing useless so far, but with all the big man injuries he going to get more chances. He will need to produce the goods.

• Like 1

I think he'd be a raw prospect even at most country clubs.

I'd be surprised if Fitzpatrick could do much at VFL. Roos obviously worked this one out pretty quickly.

Fortunately for Jack, we don't have a forward line.

That said, even without a forward line, I think he plays his days out at Casey.

Paul Roos knows a spud when he coaches one. Basic skills lads, enjoy your time under a real coach.

• Like 1

I think he'd be a raw prospect even at most country clubs.

I'd be surprised if Fitzpatrick could do much at VFL. Roos obviously worked this one out pretty quickly.

Fortunately for Jack, we don't have a forward line.

That said, even without a forward line, I think he plays his days out at Casey.

Paul Roos knows a spud when he coaches one. Basic skills lads, enjoy your time under a real coach.

The problem for Fitzy is that he needs to be the 3rd, or 4th, tall in a forward line to be effective. Unfortunately with the injuries we have he is literally the key big man down there and he simply doesn't have the talent to perform at a high level in that role.

If we had Dawes and Hogan down there then he would get the third best tall and have the opportunity to kick a few goals and have an impact on the game, but without them there he is being found out, just like Howe is as well.

• Like 1

Give the guy a break.... concussed in the first game and possibly not right in the second.

why on the park then?....just asking

• Like 2

Exactly. Once out on the park, you are 100% fit, even if you are not.

The thing going for Fitzy, is i don't think even he knows what he's going to do, so maximum unpredictability. So long as he has an effect on the game (which he doesn't).

Edited by Demon Disciple

I'm prepared to give him one more but he has to produce. As Roo's said there are some non negotiables and I think there are a

number including some more senior players than Jack who need to get by next week.

Non negotiables..... footy basics.

Its embarrassing

• Like 1

Give the guy a break.... concussed in the first game and possibly not right in the second.

Then he should not have played hardtack.

Under the new guidelines if he was played with after effects of last week then someone should be in the gun IMO

Then he should not have played hardtack.

Under the new guidelines if he was played with after effects of last week then someone should be in the gun IMO

I'm not arguling that point OD (if you look at my more recent post above, you will see I agree and that it was not likely to have been his decision).

I'm arguing against people who are writing him off already, despite him showing very promising signs in the second half of last year, based on one and a half games this year, one for which he may not have been quite right.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

I thought that would have been pretty obvious bb...

Who else is going to play that position?

Good question... and I doubt it was his decision.

Meaning it's a stupid typical MFC bias supporter's excuse and I'm so sick of it.

Fitzpatrick is not up to standard, concussed or not.

He wouldn't be playing if Clark, Dawes and Hogan were injury free.

Wakey wakey.

He is one of the many we have on the list who shouldn't be getting games. He is an athlete. Not a footballer.

Has had a fair go. Time to give convince us he's up to it.

Meaning it's a stupid typical MFC bias supporter's excuse and I'm so sick of it.

Fitzpatrick is not up to standard, concussed or not.

He wouldn't be playing if Clark, Dawes and Hogan were injury free.

Wakey wakey.

He is one of the many we have on the list who shouldn't be getting games. He is an athlete. Not a footballer.

Ok, so you seriously believe that he was showing nothing in the second half of last year? If so, you would be in the minority methinks.

He showed why club's draft so many speculative picks like him.

An athletic tall who has freakish speed and agility for a bloke of his size and weight.

He has never had natural football ability and I've thought that all along.

We are in the unfortunate position of having him in our starting 22 along with so many others who are either past it, or similarly to Fitzpatrick, are not footballers but have some athletic ability.

I do not and never have, rated Fitzpatrick as a footballer. His speed and agility as I've said are impressive. He's in the same category as Stef Martin and it's only a matter of time before he will be delisted.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

I do not and never have, rated Fitzpatrick as a footballer. His speed and agility as I've said are impressive. He's in the same category as Stef Martin and it's only a matter of time before he will be delisted.

Fitzpatrick can do some amazing things with his athletic ability but he doesn't seem to do the simple things well on a consistent basis.

He was a project player but he is 23yo now.

Honestly If you kick it to Fitz, anything can happen from simple spill to a falcon. If He has a shot at goal, it could go anywhere.

Good question... and I doubt it was his decision.

Did you happen to see David Parkin interviewed last week? Mentioned his concussions- he said every time he was rubbish the week after, still hazy week two and by week 3 starting to come good. The panel asked him if 3 week mandatory layoff needs to be introduced. Reason I mention it is you can probably think you are going ok, training and throwing a footy around, but until the intensity gets turned up and you run out on the ground you probably aren't really sure until then.

• Like 2

Once we having him playing well and becoming a top target we should move him on to the Hawks ASAP.

Fitzgibbons is out of sorts at the moment. He'll be better this week I'm sure.